ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 [Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

Follow Us

[Hi12] Windows 10 Creators Update

[Copy link]

Motobot|Post time:5 day(s) ago View:5598|Reply:55

Motobot| Post time 8-8-2017 10:39:50 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 8-8-2017 21:45

By the way, 2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4034674) Click
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

DrBeaker| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Anyone else getting activation failed? Seems Chuwi has run out of number of activations allowed on the OEM and they have to contact MS directly.

Anyone know of method to get Windows activated in current state as I dont expect Chuwi to be contacting MS sadly.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Hello DrBeaker,
You should not have any problems with activating Windows 10 Home, unless you have created such sort of problems yourself. We are hundreds of miles away from your tablet and do not see it in the way that you see it yourself being there. What kind of help do you expect from people who do not have any information from you?

Use magic Report

DrBeaker| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by DrBeaker at 8-17-2017 13:02

Hello Motobot,

Was not really seeking any help overall more so just a comment at this stage. I followed various forum posts attempting to remedy but was unsuccessful.
My process was:

I completed a BIOS update, then I installed Android 5.1 (newest one with updated Cam driver, but no front camera) using flash.json, and finally completed the windows install using the Creators edition one posted in the forums here.

Everything installed fine and is working, however when you attempt an activation now (via windows) it fails to activate. I got an error code on activation and then launched a CMD prompt and ran "SLUI 4" to get the installation ID and contacted MS to assist with activation. Once I read the ID to Microsoft agent, she asked me for the key, which I then used ProduKey to provide (*-H6DDY). Once I provided this key the agent then told me the manufactuer (CHUWI) has 'run out' of activations and the only way to activate using that OEM key was to have CHUWI contact Microsoft and increase the activation limit.

My post was more so for general FYI to the group. I have since 'upgraded' to Win 10 PRO using generic key, then applied my own and have successfully activated to Win 10 Pro, where I will stay.

For those wiping their device and completing a reinstall, my post was to make aware, you may run into activation issues/denied and this was the reasoning for such.

Cheers.

Use magic Report

DrBeaker replied at 8-17-2017 23:58
Hello Motobot,

Was not really seeking any help overall more so just a comment at this stage. I foll ...

Thank you for the detailed description of your problem. Now the essence of the problem has become more clearer.
First of all, if you completed a BIOS update, you deleted your OEM key from the MSDM table of your BIOS.
By the way, the search for H6DDY showed an interesting result. Is the key 7B6NC-V3438-TRQG7-8TCCX-H6DDY  yours?

HDDY.png

Use magic Report

By the way, you can read more about "your H6DDY key" in this post

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list