ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBox [HiBox] Windows 10 Creators Update

Follow Us

[HiBox] Windows 10 Creators Update

[Copy link]

Hackerjac|Post time:4-28-2017 05:28:01 View:1932|Reply:19

Edited by Hackerjac at 4-28-2017 15:27

Hi all,
The Windows 10 Creators Update will begin to roll out to customers around the world on April 11 as a free update.
You can update you Windows 10 right now with Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. But it's much better and easier to flash new version 1703 Windows 10 with clean installation. You can use my unofficial install file now for HiBox-hero Mini Pc.
This install file was compiled from the original Microsoft ESD file and contains:
1. clear original Windows 10 Home x64 En-US install file (build 15063.0 version 1703)  with no other language packs;
2. all Chuwi HiBox-hero drivers.
3. If WIFI dosen't work after install, go to NVRAM folder and find the file for your region, copy that file to Windows\inf
4. SwitchNOW (OEM-app to switch to Android or Remix OS);

In addition, this firmware is suitable too for flashing Windows 10 with Android removal and with full cleaning and allocation of the entire eMMC drive for Windows, a special customizable option for those who wish to keep Windows on as a Single OS.

This install file was successfully tested on the HiBox-hero DualBoot minipc with Android installed in two modes with saving and removing Android.

Preparing this install file for removing Android in DualOS tablet
*******************************************************************************************
If you decide to remove Android on DualOS tablet with highlighting the whole eMMC disk space under Windows or if you have previously removed Android and want to keep Windows on as Single OS you have to edit the main script file first.
1. Open the Scripts folder;
2. Right-click the Main.cmd file and select Edit;
3. Find a line set OS_Attributes=2 and change the number 2 at the end of this line to 1;
It should looks like this:
set OS_Attributes=1
4. Close the text editor window and click Save.

N.B. The process of flashing Windows with removing Android is no different above described.

Boot Menu disabling for those who removed Android and for SingleOS
1. Run the SwitchNOW application from its desktop shortcut;
2. Click No in the dialog window "Are you sure to switch to Android?";
3. Select Disable and click Exit in the Boot menu configuration window;
Reboot your tablet and make sure that Boot Menu does not appear.
You can delete the SwitchNOW shortcut now.

Thanks to motobot for for this guide where this is stolen from

Download.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

GeekOnDope| Post time 4-25-2017 19:40:31 | Show all posts
Edited by GeekOnDope at 4-25-2017 19:44

I updated Windows 10 to the Creator Update via Microsoft.  Everything else works fine but the wifi stopped working.  Checked the device manager and it shows that the Broadcom ABGN wireless SDIO adapter is not working.  Tried updating driver.  Did not work.  I tried downloading the NVRAM-US and placing in the /inf folder and it still didn't work.  Any suggestion?

The wifi works on Android side.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-25-2017 21:37:36 | Show all posts
GeekOnDope replied at 4-26-2017 05:40
I updated Windows 10 to the Creator Update via Microsoft.  Everything else works fine but the wifi s ...

My instruction might be a little unclear, but its not the folder NVRAM-US, but just the file inside that folder you gonna copy to the /inf folder, the filename is bcm943341wlagb.txt
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

GeekOnDope| Post time 4-26-2017 21:05:38 | Show all posts
I did copy the file in the NVRAM folder into the /inf folder.  Wifi still doesn't work.  Updating the driver only resulted in "you have the most updated driver" message.  Any other recommendation?  Thanks for your help.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-26-2017 21:30:55 | Show all posts
GeekOnDope replied at 4-27-2017 07:05
I did copy the file in the NVRAM folder into the /inf folder.  Wifi still doesn't work.  Updating th ...

Unfortenly not really, you could try deleting the SDIO adapter in Device Mannager, reboot the box and see when it reinstall it if that works

Use magic Report

GeekOnDope| Post time 4-27-2017 07:09:38 | Show all posts
I did that as well.  I disable ... reboot ... then reenable.  Didn't work.  I uninstall ... reboot ... then reinstall.  None of these works.  I wonder whether or not the NVRAM folder I downloaded was old or corrupted.  I'll try downloading again and try.  Probably next up would be to reinstall windows from the image.

Use magic Report

ljvtb01| Post time 4-27-2017 08:43:14 | Show all posts
Try to reinstall windows using a Microsoft ISO or revert back the previous version of Windows 10.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-27-2017 10:41:11 | Show all posts
ljvtb01 replied at 4-27-2017 18:43
Try to reinstall windows using a Microsoft ISO or revert back the previous version of Windows 10.

Why not just use the one i have postet in first post, its a clean version of CU, with all the drivers included, only thing needed is to put the right nvram file, i made the install file with the EU, since its the one i'm using

Use magic Report

yonitron| Post time 4-28-2017 04:17:11 | Show all posts
Hello Hackerjac

Could not put the drives of the wifi adapter to download them separately? I also updated via microsoft and I do not go to wifi but I do not want to format the whole computer ...

If you were so kind to put here the new wifi adapter drivers here

a greeting

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-28-2017 05:28:01 | Show all posts
yonitron replied at 4-28-2017 14:17
Hello Hackerjac

Could not put the drives of the wifi adapter to download them separately? I also up ...

complete driver pack can be found here
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ypeid%26typeid%3D56

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list