ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro Cracked screen, a little help to change it please

Follow Us

Cracked screen, a little help to change it please

[Copy link]

natheux|Post time:5-16-2017 12:36:11 View:276|Reply:7

Edited by natheux at 4-2-2017 01:57

Hi everyone,
today, I break my hibook pro The screen is working but the touchscreen is broken et press approximatively 5-6 places on the screen withoot touching it. So, I opened the device and now I plan to sparate the lcd and the touchscreen. I didn't found any tutorial for the Hibook Pro so I will do it myself

My questions are :
- Are the lcd and the touchscreen totally glued or is the touchscreen only glued around the border of the lcd ?
- Can I buy a Hibook screen and place it on my Hibook pro ? or the connectors are different ?

Thanks you so much in advance

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-1-2017 09:02:09 | Show all posts
HiBook Pro is fully laminated, also called OGS (One Glass Solution), in my pow that should mean its fully glued
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

natheux| Post time 4-2-2017 01:52:54 | Show all posts
Edited by natheux at 4-2-2017 02:01
Hackerjac replied at 4-1-2017 09:02
HiBook Pro is fully laminated, also called OGS (One Glass Solution), in my pow that should mean its  ...

That's what I think but I wasn't sure.. I don't kown how I will repair that, I tried it on my Oneplus One and on an iPhone 4 and it was a big fail.
I saw a LCD+touchscreen for 100$ on banggood but it's too expensive, that's why I'm asking if a Hi10/Hi10 pro, Hibook (simple) screen (for example) is compatible with Hibook Pro chipset

Use magic Report

ivaylo| Post time 5-15-2017 23:14:53 | Show all posts
I've got a working screen but need a new motherboard and battery. Chuwi need to start selling replacement parts or go out of business with their designs.

Plugged my HiBook Pro into my Hi13 charger... Whoever designed the charger really didn't think the design through. Both are USB-C so should be compatible but the damage in the PMIC indicates otherwise.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-16-2017 07:56:56 | Show all posts
ivaylo replied at 5-16-2017 08:14
I've got a working screen but need a new motherboard and battery. Chuwi need to start selling replac ...

Should be compatible ?
HiBook Pro suple deliver 5V 3A

Hi13 suply deliver 12V 2A

Maybe you should look after what you plug where insted
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ivaylo| Post time 5-16-2017 11:30:47 | Show all posts
What, like a black USB-C cable or a black USB-C cable?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-16-2017 12:25:24 | Show all posts
ivaylo replied at 5-16-2017 20:30
What, like a black USB-C cable or a black USB-C cable?

So far its still not forbidden to think yourself, insted of just doing something
You could also mark each cabel
But no no, just blame the company

Use magic Report

ivaylo| Post time 5-16-2017 12:36:11 | Show all posts
I guess you don't know what the U in USB stands for?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list