ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 NEW VIDEO : Chuwi Hi13 Unboxing Youtube Video And Re ...

Follow Us

NEW VIDEO : Chuwi Hi13 Unboxing Youtube Video And Review

[Copy link]

ag57|Post time:4-7-2017 03:01:40 View:629|Reply:27

Edited by ag57 at 4-8-2017 23:42

Video from TechTablet :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuc6IHQf8K0

Video from AMDTech :

https://youtu.be/TVD56qgdUrA

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-4-2017 13:17:09 | Show all posts
Nice video made by Chris, but still i would like to see whats inside
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-4-2017 14:48:00 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-9-2017 22:33

1kg (Edit: 900grams in full review) keyboard.. ouch. Good build quality, no flexing and offer good enough counter balance in return though.

Backside of the keyboard is plastic! To lower the weight without flexing I guess! And touchpad not the best, but isn't that small at  least. So igeekphone.com 's as the first with feedback in such regards without evidence, wasn't entirely wrong.

Ha, erasing with the stylus works much quicker with the secondary button than the opposite side as is the case with the Surface Pro 1-2. And a working palm rejection so far!

Too bad of the sub-par speakers' quality compared to the Apple iPad Pro quad-speakers I assume. Luckily for me not a dealbreaker.

I'm looking forward to his next part of the review. To see the responsiveness with the screen in action.

He referenced a number of overal improvements compared to the Hi12, so Chuwi has been listening it seems. And his remark indeed adds another indication that a better Hi13 version is in the works.
Edit: minor correction added in the full review.
Use the Reply button, for the user to know.
@username won't be listed for a response.
Chuwi? Time-constrains...
2: 1+1 Links: is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 4-4-2017 22:34:16 | Show all posts
And his remark indeed adds another indication that a better Hi13 version is in the works.

AW YEAH sounds awesome.

PS: will add a lengthier reaction later

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 4-5-2017 01:03:08 | Show all posts
Edited by mercu at 4-5-2017 01:05

The weight of the tablet + keyboard and that thick charger is a BIG NO NO deal breaker for me!

Wtf, 2.2 kg in total? That is NOT mobile at all. That is something I would consider to leave at home working in living room and bed room and that's it. Forget about bringing it to vacation or even holding it in the hand like a tablet. The maximum limit for a tablet should be 900 gram, not more than that and now here we have already 1.1 kg in tablet itself. Not ok.

And then Chuwi is still stubborn to not include full size USB port, for what reason?

I will wait until  Chris is doing second review part regarding how "laggy" or smooth it is to use it as a web browser in Windows cause Chuwi hi12 had a bit problem with it due to the CPU spikes all the time.

Considering Chuwi Hi13 also using Atom processor (same shit different names) with a "fancier name" called "Celeron", I don't know what to expect but let's Chris tell us his opinion in the next review. Let's also hope for a core M3 in the pro version coming out this year - even it would cost a bit more, still worth it.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 03:00:49 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 13:13
mercu replied at 4-5-2017 01:03
The weight of the tablet + keyboard and that thick charger is a BIG NO NO deal breaker for me!

Wtf, ...

Technically a triple negative still makes a negative, but how about: a BIG NO NO: it's a deal breaker.

And it's still portable/mobile, but the market isn't that ahead in lowering weight of such standalone detachable screen size and its specs, also with counterbalance for laptop-mode. Emphasis on "screen size, detachable and rest of specs".

Other solutions is to lower screen weight, so the counterbalance is easy, but not a portrait-mode friendly because screen is then not detachable standalone tablet. The "yoga" designs are ideal as a laptop with additional flexibility, or for on the table mostly when folded, or even more total weight in the hands for portrait-mode, because not detachable.

And still other solutions have either a smaller tablet, or less sturdy, or no lapmode-counterbalance. If screen smaller, then less weight, then less counterbalance for laptop-mode. Lowering total wight noticably.

Maximum flexibility at that screen size/specs, at the cost of total carrying weight, not holding weight. Total carrying weight is optional, and is more temporary than usage time. If not, then a different product is better, with its downsides. Like no laptop-mode for sitting "anywhere" typing, or no portrait-mode for reading full pages "anywhere", or otherwise smaller screen.

The weight will go down with better material/design without becoming too expensive, happened all the time, but over time.

Any other solution out there right now, is either more limited in the ways the Hi13 is not, or considerably more expensive. Because that's the current market.

The adapter is clumsy though, a typical laptop charger design. I might need to figure out what to do in practice.

Edit: clarity.
Edit2: added thread focused on Hi13 weight related perspectives: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3847-1-1.html

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 4-5-2017 04:22:45 | Show all posts
Regarding the adapter, Chris said that it's not possible to charge with 1 Amp but how about 2 amp charger? Does it even work or do you need that brick as a charger they provided?

I was thinking if you can possibily charge it with 2 Amp usb charger, then that means you can even charge it with a power bank - which is very handy if you are going out camping or going to some place where you dont have access to electrical outlet.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 04:41:21 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-5-2017 08:21
mercu replied at 4-5-2017 04:22
Regarding the adapter, Chris said that it's not possible to charge with 1 Amp but how about 2 amp ch ...

Realize most "universal USB chargers" are 5Volts, because that's "normal USB". I think that's why 1A * 5V = less than 25% of max charging speed of the Hi13, that's why wouldn't charge the tablet maybe? Or only enough power to supply some of the needed power by the Hi13? Anyway, about what "we know" so far, search for Hi13 battery uncertainty in the forum. A separate thread about Hi13 charging is necessary though to go further into that with everyone.

Update: I don't know anything else relevant, so made a new thread for everyone to gather any known feedback about Hi13 charging with 3rd party chargers and via the micro USB connection maybe if possible for lower charger output: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3840-1-1.html

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-7-2017 02:46:16 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-4-2017 13:17
Nice video made by Chris, but still i would like to see whats inside

Hi13 "internal reveal" has been released: https://youtu.be/q4eqNhbm9aU

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-7-2017 03:01:40 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-7-2017 03:17
doodzilla replied at 4-4-2017 22:34
AW YEAH sounds awesome.

See latest update in the video, there are more technical indications like the internal housing screws for M.2 stick and SATA speed chip or faster, but in a comment on youtube he warns that the BIOS is closed off to end-users so any hardcore soldering modders are warned in case disabled in there.

It can be opened and handled well by someone with experience so relatively easy for Chuwi to perform repairs when possible, but it's not meant to be opened for any upgrade, other than maybe thermal modding. Luckily I won't need that for my use-cases.

But the indications are the "Hi13 Pro" is "planned" or possible.

The additional textual details of the first video has been posted:
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3857-1-1.html

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list