ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Windows Updates + Refresh tool

Follow Us

Hi13 Windows Updates + Refresh tool

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-6-2017 02:55:51 View:319|Reply:20

Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 05:16

Any quirks or limitations regarding how Windows 10 updating would work on the Hi13?

I hope it's nothing like uncertainties or manual work with backup and restoring of data like dualboot versions, like Hi10 Pro conflicting information: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3351
Use the Reply button, for the user to know.
@username won't be listed for a response.
Chuwi? Time-constrains...
2: 1+1 Links: is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 09:07:40 | Show all posts
I donno what conflicting information there is, the first post on your like the author is refering to Gearbest and the statsment from them that you can't update Windows, the next 2 posts are about ppl that have updated there tablet without any problem, the last post is one that have used Windows Reset and now have problems

For a start, i don't see any conflicting information there.

Notice:
This Android/Windows device is designed to function specifically with the current Android/Windows OS installed on it. Any alterations such as upgrades, modding with custom ROM, rooting or flashing the Android device with other firmware will automatically cause the device experience matters as well as void the device's warranty. Please think twice before operating all these actions.
That is written at all tablets on Gearbest's site, that is why they say you can't update Windows

The thing about tablets bricking after Windows Update, if i remember correst, that was June/July last year that happend, i donny who's fail it was, but something about a sertent update where the Chuwi tablet get flashed with a Teclast bios
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 10:25:03 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-5-2017 09:07
I donno what conflicting information there is, the first post on your like the author is refering to ...

But if GearBest is correct about Windows can't be updated via Windows update so "not being supported", so being considered "unsupported upgrade", then are the users who successfully updated using Windows updates were just lucky and the indications what should and shouldn't work isn't conflicting? Or not confusing?

Or "can't" meant not supported by seller and Chuwi customer support?

Do you expect Windows 10 (major) updates on the the Hi13 to "void warranty"? It's not a dualboot.

And Windows 10 "refresh" feature not supported either?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 12:01:19 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-5-2017 20:25
But if GearBest is correct about Windows can't be updated via Windows update so "not being support ...

So far my Chuwi devices (Hi12, HiBook Pro, HiBox-hero and LapBook 14.1) all are updated with latest Windown 10 Creator Update without any problem, Hi12 even run Windows 10 Pro.

And emily have released tut for installing Ubuntu 16.04 on Apollo platform (LapBook 14.1 and Hi13)

Have looked other places, Banggod, Geekbuying etc etc, havent seen other than GearBest to mention updating Windows will void warenty

I belive its just an excuse from GearBest to run away from the warenty on devices if costumers tell them it died when updating, i understands that i will void the warenty if you root the Android devices, the same goes with cellphone in my contry, but i never heard before that if you update Windows on your device that it will void your warenty
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 12:34:17 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-5-2017 12:01
So far my Chuwi devices (Hi12, HiBook Pro, HiBox-hero and LapBook 14.1) all are updated with lates ...

Did you update Windows 10 using Windows Update? Or custom stuff downloaded from here? And that's the only way it can be updated?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 12:58:59 | Show all posts
Windows Update

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 13:09:04 | Show all posts

A good sign! Thank you. That means even Chuwi dualboots are compatible with Windows Updater according to your experience. So Hi13 with Windows 10 only shouldn't encounter any problem in this regard.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-5-2017 13:33:59 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-5-2017 23:09
A good sign! Thank you. That means even Chuwi dualboots are compatible with Windows Updater accord ...

No there shoulden be any problem

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-5-2017 13:46:56 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-5-2017 13:33
No there shoulden be any problem

Do you have confirmation that Chuwi officially supports the original Windows Updater?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 02:55:51 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 02:58

[quote]emily replied at 4-5-2017 17:45

I've copied a random reply to get these questions in your view:

Can you confirm that Chuwi officially supports the original Windows Updater, and anything it will break on a Chuwi device like the Hi13, is covered by warranty?

And what about outside the warranty? Is there any extended support for purchase, if Windows Updater breaks something outside of the warranty period?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list