ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Windows Updates + Refresh tool

Follow Us

Hi13 Windows Updates + Refresh tool

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:4-18-2017 07:31:59 View:619|Reply:21

deejay1963| Post time 4-6-2017 04:59:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
windows update should not be any problem, even you can do a fresh install from microsoft iso's, provided you instal the drivers manually.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-6-2017 05:01:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
it will not break or void chuwi warranty.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 05:11:06 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 05:17
deejay1963 replied at 4-6-2017 05:01
it will not break or void chuwi warranty.

Can you reference an official statement from Chuwi in this regard?

I'm not talking about common sense nor customer expectations nor experience with the devices in general at this point anymore.

The extra point is not with ISOs over USB an such, but official Chuwi policy of using Microsoft's Refresh Windows tool as well. Because that's for me better, keeping all folders of data even though backed up, no need to restore (time etc..) letting Windows 10 take care of it on its own. We're not talking about cleaning from rootkits or deep malware. Just a "refresh" if needed. I don't know what it does on the drivers front. Nor whether Chuwi officially states the Hi13 at least supports it or not.
Edit: I don't recommend it, just to know if Chuwi supports it on the Hi13: http://www.pcmag.com/news/348679 ... efresh-windows-tool
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-6-2017 06:02:14 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ask Emily or the admin to get you the official statement from chuwi.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-6-2017 06:09:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
As long as you do not install custom ROM or Bios, customised Android or windows, your warranty is intact.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 07:19:09 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 07:22
deejay1963 replied at 4-6-2017 06:02
Ask Emily or the admin to get you the official statement from chuwi.

The post you first replied after, in it Emily is replied to, which marks the post in her overview of replies, I think, even though it's from a different thread reply. I'll see if it gets her attention or whether a PM is necessary after al.

And what is a "custom ROM" on a Hi13? Reinstallation with Windows Pro instead of the provided Home version would be seen as "custom ROM"?
Edit:
And not that I want to, but any Android couldn't work on the Hi13 anyway, custom or not, at this point at least. But good for others to know that it would void warranty as well on the Hi13. Because only Windows and Ubuntu are supported.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-6-2017 07:36:02 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Custom ROM was a generic term for all chuwi products. It is not specific for hi13.  Any thinking person will not confuse the issue. Application of mind is very important before posting in forums, as well understanding the issues involved.  Repeat after me....Chuwi will not have a seperate warranty terms for HI13.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-6-2017 09:55:39 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-6-2017 11:45
deejay1963 replied at 4-6-2017 07:36
Custom ROM was a generic term for all chuwi products. It is not specific for hi13.  Any thinking per ...
deejay1963| Post time 1 hour(s) ago From the mobile phone

Custom ROM was a generic term for all chuwi products. It is not specific for hi13.  Any thinking person will not confuse the issue. Application of mind is very important before posting in forums, as well understanding the issues involved.  Repeat after me....Chuwi will not have a seperate warranty terms for HI13.

Not helpful Mr. No customer should need to know what you require everyone to know before posting on the forum. This is not the required forum rules you're talking about.

ROM normally references the part in the device storage that can be used as a source, from which Android can be set back to factory settings. Or dualboot "image" I guess. Upgrading Android voids warranty as far as Chuwi products is concerned thus far. That is clear. And no, that doesn't mean I think Hi13 would be able to run Android nor be shipped with it. This is in response of your reference to ROM.

As far as current Chuwi products concerned at least. If in the future Chuwi releases a "premium" Android device with "guarentee" of 2 years of upgrades, then it would apply to the new product not older ones. It's not unprecedented in the industry for different policies for different generation of products or different series. So then a different policy would apply for different products. Maybe in the future also for Chuwi.

But that is not the issue this thread started with. It was Windows Updates. Hackerjac added his experience to this thread to reassure me and other users saying at least that things work in practice well with Windows Updater.

And you said I've to ask Chuwi if I want to know the official Chuwi statement regarding Windows Updater. After I had already asked in this thread before your posted. That is meant to be sure that GearBest was wrongly absolving itself from things going wrong after updating Windows via the original Updater, like Hackerjac suggested. Again I'll PM if my "reply" to Emily here doesn't get listed correctly in her overview.

And after you referenced ISOs I added question about Windows Refresh Tool support (and added that to the thread title), also because that's I think what does seem to be one of the problems on the other thread I referenced in my original post starting this thread.

You either tried to help, or tried to clarify there is no problem and all concerns here are baseless and this thread is useless, based on ignorance. Or I'm just assuming what you tried to do first, and did later, without what I think being true.

A thread on the forum to organize our own thoughts with the help of others, is necessary, as far as relevant to our interest in a Chuwi product.

I wanted to be sure I can simply update Windows using original Updater, and/or use the Refresh tool for fresh Windows with my personal files intact without needing to restore files. Without any issues regarding if something goes wrong Chuwi wouldn't be required to work on a solution, and users like me being only be dependent on the community and hopefully things would workout.

And I want to be reassured additionally by Chuwi, because they have the final word about their policy. Originally I was just asking about Windows Updater. But now also about original Windows Refresher tool.

I want to avoid any downloads from here that are not a firmware update supported by Chuwi, nor any "custom ROM" anywhere. That would suggest any "system image" maybe even "dual boot" or Android ROM. Never what I intended with this thread.

If you want to be clear for others wondering about these things, you need a new thread focusing on warning users or potential customers of the Hi13 and those interested in general.

Because no one interested in "custom ROM" on the Hi13 will open this thread about Hi13 Windows Update + Refresh tool, to find out answers about "custom ROM" support.

Thanks for your time reading my thread, and social behavior and consideration. FWIW.

If there is any misunderstanding after this, let me know. I don't want to repeat after you. My apologies for my individualism.

For anyone with patience and time, would the Windows "system image" copy, be considered ROM? Unlike android which has ROM internalized next to or in the runnable OS. The Windows "system image" doesn't contain the Windows ISOs that would be maybe analogous to the Android ROM. Has Chuwi and the community adopt a misnomer in that regard for ease? Or that's not a misnomer?

The Windows Refresh tool doesn't seem to use external ISOs nor any ROM copy.

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 4-6-2017 14:29:52 | Show all posts
In my opinion, it's ridiculous to say that Windows update will automatically cause the device experience matters as well as void the device's warranty.
As we know Windows updates itself automatically and this is its default settings. At the same time, the OS does not ask permission to update itself from the tablet owner, either from the manufacturer or from the seller.
Both the manufacturer and the seller should be happy that you bought this product. And this is the main argument in favor of mutual loyalty as I think.
Sooner or later each of us makes a clean OS installation because it's fastest or sometimes the only possible way to solve issues. We have the right to do this and no one can void the device's warranty when we do a firmware upgrade.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-18-2017 07:31:59 | Show all posts
More positive recent major updating, relevant feedback overview: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... p;tid=3903#lastpost

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list