ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 No screen rotation after reflashing Android on Hi 10

Follow Us

No screen rotation after reflashing Android on Hi 10

[Copy link]

CardiffLinux|Post time:Yesterday 02:47 View:95|Reply:1

I recently needed to reflash Android on my Hi 10 as something happened whilst I booted to a live version of Linux on a USB stick - all Android files seemed to be present, but for some reason Android refused to boot. So I followed the directions from this forum on how to reflash the tablet with Android, and the only deviation I made was that I needed to download and use the Intel Platform Flash Tool instead of the version for Windows. It worked a treat, and the tablet was reflashed very quickly. However. I seem to have lost auto rotate on the screen, which is I found very useful, and even though I've installed an app to achieve that 'manually' I'd still prefer if the tablet was working properly and autorotate functioned again as it should.

I've folowed all the advice I've found online, including all the obvious in ensuring that autorotate is enabled in Accessibility but it's still not functioning. I'm wondering whether I need to download and install drivers?

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what is the solution?

Use magic Report

superdado| Post time Yesterday 02:47 | Show all posts
Same problem with my z8300 dualboot HI12. After trying RemixOS which I didn't like, I reflashed android with the official image and no more automatic screen rotation despite the settings under display and accessibility. Automatic orientation works fine in Windows.
Flashed E4D6_HI-122LP.233 bios and still no rotation.
Thanks for your support
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list