No screen rotation after reflashing Android on Hi 10 - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 No screen rotation after reflashing Android on Hi 10

Follow Us

No screen rotation after reflashing Android on Hi 10

[Copy link]

CardiffLinux|Post time:10-24-2017 11:51:37 View:598|Reply:6

I recently needed to reflash Android on my Hi 10 as something happened whilst I booted to a live version of Linux on a USB stick - all Android files seemed to be present, but for some reason Android refused to boot. So I followed the directions from this forum on how to reflash the tablet with Android, and the only deviation I made was that I needed to download and use the Intel Platform Flash Tool instead of the version for Windows. It worked a treat, and the tablet was reflashed very quickly. However. I seem to have lost auto rotate on the screen, which is I found very useful, and even though I've installed an app to achieve that 'manually' I'd still prefer if the tablet was working properly and autorotate functioned again as it should.

I've folowed all the advice I've found online, including all the obvious in ensuring that autorotate is enabled in Accessibility but it's still not functioning. I'm wondering whether I need to download and install drivers?

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what is the solution?

Use magic Report

superdado| Post time 4-24-2017 02:47:21 | Show all posts
Same problem with my z8300 dualboot HI12. After trying RemixOS which I didn't like, I reflashed android with the official image and no more automatic screen rotation despite the settings under display and accessibility. Automatic orientation works fine in Windows.
Flashed E4D6_HI-122LP.233 bios and still no rotation.
Thanks for your support
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

CardiffLinux| Post time 4-26-2017 22:41:34 | Show all posts
superdado replied at 4-24-2017 02:47
Same problem with my z8300 dualboot HI12. After trying RemixOS which I didn't like, I reflashed andr ...

This is obviously something of an issue, as my post has had quite a few views. I also e-mailed Chuwi about ten days ago, but they still haven't replied, which is pretty bad.

I hope someone comes up with a solution soon!

Use magic Report

CardiffLinux| Post time 5-11-2017 05:19:37 | Show all posts
Edited by CardiffLinux at 5-11-2017 05:25

In my quest to try and solve the mystery of the non functioning auto rotate on my Chuwi Hi 10 tablet I installed Sensor Box for Android to ensure that the sensors were indeed working, only to discover that there was only one sensor detected - the sound sensor. Am I to be given to believe that there is no gravity sensor, or gyroscope on my device?  Surely this cannot be the case. Or, has the recent reflash, with a ROM provided by Chuwi, and downloaded from this site borked my tablet? It certainly looks that way!  Come on Chuwi, do right by your customers and provide some support.

I include a screenshot of the Sensor Box GUI showing the sensors it detects on my Chuwi Hi 10. Chuwi, I hope you will fix this issue!

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 5-11-2017 05:41:53 | Show all posts
Just to clarify - are you talking about the Hi10 or the Hi10 Pro?  It makes no sense that you an Android reflash would cause the auto-rotation feature to stop working...  

Where exactly did you download the image from (please provide link).  Also ,what are the first 4 characters of your serial number?

You mentioned that "the only deviation I made was that I needed to download and use the Intel Platform Flash Tool instead of the version for Windows" - what do you mean by that?  What version of the flash tool did you use (if not the version for Windows)?

Use magic Report

CardiffLinux| Post time 5-15-2017 05:16:29 | Show all posts
Edited by CardiffLinux at 5-15-2017 05:20
jtrosky replied at 5-11-2017 05:41
Just to clarify - are you talking about the Hi10 or the Hi10 Pro?  It makes no sense that you an And ...

Hi 10, as I said, not the Hi 10 Pro. It might make no sense, but that is my experience, though a subsequent test with Sensor Box for Android indicates there are no sensors other than a sound sensor detected, as I pointed out in my last post on this thread. That points to ether a hardware issue, or software drivers not being present.

I downloaded the json file from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msu3x3 ... -erase-all.zip?dl=0

as advised by Hackerjac on this forum post, the link provided by Chuwi having been deleted, (the site is littered with such dead links and outdated information)

The Android image file I downloaded from here:

https://chuwiinnovationtechnolog ... tb8z6u3rfgkr4lqzn4s

as directed to do so on this page:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1627-1-1.html

The first four characters of the serial of my device are: Q64G

The Intel Flash Tool I used was the version for Ubuntu, as I haven’t used Windows for at least 8 years – it works just the same. The download on this page has been revised since I used it, but I assume it will be pretty much the same:

https://01.org/android-ia/downlo ... orm-flash-tool-lite

Use magic Report

ma3os| Post time 10-24-2017 11:51:37 | Show all posts
Exactly same issue here. Including booting live CD of Linux (Mint in my case) from USB. Then unable to boot Android. After reflashing Android with Intel Platform Flash Tool for Windows screen rotation doesnt work. No help from the forum. Its 8 months now. I tried Sensors Box today and yes, only the audio sensor is detected.

In windows all is working fine.

I think the only way to get rotation working is to "owerwrite" android partitions of working tablet from image file created for example with Acronis True Image shared to us by someone.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list