ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 charging problem - nasty consequence [hi10 pro]

Follow Us

charging problem - nasty consequence [hi10 pro]

[Copy link]

mimble|Post time:4-19-2017 10:11:38 View:824|Reply:27

Many people have the charging problem. Plug your Hi10 Pro into a power supply and play with it.
It cycles between charging and not charging. Now I have seen an ugly problem.
Open a powershell or cmd window. Type
     powercfg /batteryreport
Basically, the machine will take forever. It should take a second or two.

I suspect the problem is that windows thinks there have been so many power transitions, it has too much to report. This part of the charging circuitry / firmware is not just broken, it is a real problem.

Use magic Report

Vamire| Post time 4-28-2017 14:45:51 | Show all posts
I still waiting for your video proof my friend. I want to see it... this miracle... But I'm afraid you don't even understand the problem.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-13-2017 12:21:26 | Show all posts
A shot in the dark, is it microUSB cable? Have you tried a brand new cable? We have run through those cable types connectors many times, they got defective by pressure on the connector contacts because of the angle lifting the device or putting the device down, especially on non-solid places like couches, beds, etc.. but again, it's a shot in the dark.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-17-2017 01:36:42 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-13-2017 12:21
A shot in the dark, is it microUSB cable? Have you tried a brand new cable? We have run through thos ...

No, it is definitely not the cable. It is the same problem mentioned in numerous threads. You can see this in several ways, but one is most convincing for me.
Connect to power and boot android. Leave connected and reboot to windows.
The cycling charging/not charging stops. It is definitely a problem in the charging circuitry / firmware.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-17-2017 08:58:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
which charger you are using.? original chuwi or some other.

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-17-2017 23:13:07 | Show all posts
deejay1963 replied at 4-17-2017 08:58
which charger you are using.? original chuwi or some other.

I have tried
* the chuwi charger (big mean, up to 3 Amps)
* a toshiba (delivers around 2 Amps)
* various little usb adaptors (rated around 1/2 Amp)
* some powered USB hubs

As written, it is not the cable or charger. If I start in Android and switch to windows, I do not see the cycling of charging/not charging.
There are lots of other posts with this theme.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-18-2017 08:14:16 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
and what happens if you boot directly to windows. does the power cycles then ? have you tried reflashing the bios ?

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-19-2017 05:32:11 | Show all posts
Booting directly to windows gives the behaviour mentioned in many threads. The charging circuitry cycles between telling windows that it is charging/ not charging at a rate of about once a second.

I did stick a usb meter inline. The tablet actually seems to be drawing a steady current, but I would not trust my measurements too much. These current/voltmeters are not meant to give quick readouts.

I have not tried flashing the bios. Given the soup of suggested sites and files, I would have no idea which one to trust. There is no real chuwi.com/support/get_your_officical_firmware_here.
I have begun to gingerly set settings in the bios that sound like they might be relevant. I have had no success so far.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-19-2017 06:10:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-19-2017 15:25
mimble replied at 4-19-2017 14:32
Booting directly to windows gives the behaviour mentioned in many threads. The charging circuitry cy ...
Given the soup of suggested sites and files, I would have no idea which one to trust.

There is no real chuwi.com/support/get_your_officical_firmware_here.
I have begun to gingerly set settings in the bios that sound like they might be relevant. I have had no success so far.

The "Download" button/link at the top of the forum > subcategories by device > admin or Emily being the OP and poster > and for ease the [Official Version] "title tag".

Those are the best clues I think. But I don't have firsthand experience with such files, having said that. A Hi13 BIOS updater based implicitly on those clues, has recent success with his issue.

Edits: clarity.

Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-19-2017 06:25:21 | Show all posts
This may or may not be helpful, but it something that I've noticed...  I have (2) Hi10 Pros (one x8300 and one x8350).  For whatever reason, when using the x8300 version I've noticed that sometimes the system thinks it's charging via USB instead of AC (and in Windows, will alternate between Charging/Not Charging).  In order to avoid this, I simply make sure to push the USB-C cable in hard and keep pressure on it until it starts charging - then it ccharges properly.  It almost seems like the USB-C cable end just doesn't go in as far as it should, which causes this issue.

Just something that may help...  Otherwise, I haven't had any charing issues.

Use magic Report

Vamire| Post time 4-19-2017 10:11:38 | Show all posts
Stop lie guys.
The chuwi hi10 all of them with the z8350 has this issue of charging/not charging.
The topic started is correct in his words.
If you don't have this issue and you want to prove me wrong then upload a video on youtube and start to play a movie on the windows and let it like this for 10 mins then press the battery icon and upload it here. If you can't to or you won't do this then sorry for this but for my eyes you are liars.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list