WHAT IS .CAB/CABINET FILE?
A cabinet is a single file, usually with a .cab extension, that stores compressed files in a file library. The cabinet format is an efficient way to package multiple files.
There’s many drivers, including some windows update files are redistributed in as .CAB file format. Basically there’s no problem with Windows Updates files in .MSU format cause it’s executable like normal software which can be installed directly. But installing .CAB is somewhat different, you can’t install it directly just by clicking on it.
Well, over the internet there’s various methods available to install .CAB files, some are difficult to understand for ordinary users, some are too outdated.
So, on this tutorial I’ll be discussing about the easiest methods about how to install CAB Files/Drivers on Windows 7, 8.1, 10 . Let’s check it.
- Option One: Install CAB file using Context Menu
- Option Two: Install CAB file using Easy Command Prompt/DISM
Install CAB file on Windows 7, 8, 10 using Windows Context Menu
How much would you like to install .CAB file directly by just right-clicking on in & then click on “Install” from the Context Menu ? Looks like very easy process for sure . For this just follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Download the Add Install to CAB Context Menu File .
- Extract it & run the file, it’ll work in background.
- Soon you’ll have the “Install” button in Context Menu whenever you’ll right-click on a .CAB file (if the button doesn’t appear immediately then wait for few seconds or restart your computer, the “install” button will come for sure).
- Now right click on a .CAB file & click “Install” & wait few time to successfully install the .CAB file.
f you’re willing to remove the “Install” button from Context Menu, then download Remove Install from CAB Context Menu file , extract & run it. It’ll remove the option from menu.
Install .CAB file on Windows 7, 8.1, 10 using Easy Command Prompt / DISM
- Now just enter the No. of the .CAB file update & press enter. The .CAB file will start installing automatically. Wait till it finishes.
That’s All . Enjoy
https://www.microsoftguides.com/ ... s-windows-7-8-1-10/