ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Hi12 battery

Follow Us

Hi12 battery

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:6-7-2017 10:40:29 View:460|Reply:4

According to the following, there is also 2 batteries inside the Hi12. So in terms of layout "just like" Hi13: https://youtu.be/49mm8g7p22c (although that's not the focus of the video)
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-16-2017 05:18:54 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
2 batteries are in parallel connection, hence the voltage remains at 3.7v but the amperage (capacity) is doubled.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-16-2017 06:03:40 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-16-2017 18:29
deejay1963 replied at 4-16-2017 14:18
2 batteries are in parallel connection, hence the voltage remains at 3.7v but the amperage (capacity) is doubled.

Isn't that same Wh calculation? Between first adding voltage only vs adding amperage only? Same total Wh capacity calculated either way right?
Notice Chuwi's release announcement of the Lapbook 12.3 made the change to mention Wh without voltage or amperage (the latest one at least), to prevent confusion like in my case.

Edit: see: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ttery%2Buncertainty
/Edit.

But I understand somewhat the electrical difference. Would parallel have an advantage over series? Like for charging? Or is it just dependant on chosen charging module and charger compatibility? Extra questions, not my focus.

Edits: clarity.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

cwedgar| Post time 6-5-2017 08:22:25 | Show all posts
10 weeks ago my Hi12 died and couldn't be charged. I contacted the service department within one day.
It took 4 weeks (and numerous emails begging for an answer) before I got an OK to send my tablet to a repair center. It still is there for over 5 weeks.
My wife has the same Tablet with the same problems.
We gave up and bought new Chuwi tablets (the same) and we are hoping that these will be better constructed.
The tablets are fine but the aftersale is terrible.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 6-7-2017 10:40:29 | Show all posts
Keep bugging them!  The squeaky wheel gets the grease... That is a ridiculous amount of time to wait to hear about repair authorization and the status of a repair!  Someone at Chuwi deserves a good swift kick in the posterior.  My guess is they won't feel it until it reaches the brain center near their wallets.

Better luck with the new tablets.  Chuwi had best wake up as they aren't the only game in town...  There are a lot of good buys on similar surface-like tablets these days with larger RAM, more built-in storage, and faster processors often at only a few hundred more than a Hi12.  Manufacturers with brands to protect and better service too.  If I had been stung, my Hi12 would have been my last attempt at a Chinese tablet with no stateside support system or reasonable repair department.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list