ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Solved][V1.14]Chuwi Hi13 Won't boot at times

Follow Us

[Solved][V1.14]Chuwi Hi13 Won't boot at times

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:4-19-2017 09:27:19 View:1159|Reply:12

Edited by Techdragonz at 4-23-2017 08:56

I like to share something I noticed about the Chuwi hi13:

Sometimes, most of the time when charging, the pc won't boot and will be stuck on the Chuwi bootscreen. I am on Bios version 1.12
Also, it is very hard to get it out of it's sleep without a keyboard dock, which is very annoying...

Anyone else that has this issue? I suppose it is an issue in this bios version, so how do I update it?

I noticed techtablets has bios version 1.13 and doesn't have this issue... I got mine later then him, so why does mine has an older bios version.
I received mine already with a user installed.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-17-2017 11:27:03 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-17-2017 20:42

That's good to know!

I received mine already with a user installed.

That's a very basic test "they" might do.

There is a bios etc.. download section. But I don't know the bios version there. Nor how to update. The Hi12 download thread might contain clues until someone pitches in.

Edit: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3901-1-1.html
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 4-18-2017 02:21:10 | Show all posts
Hello,
Pls try to flash Bios which i have uploaded on Chuwi forum.

Copy the files into the root directory of USB disk which is formated with FAT32. Then press F12 when you boot tablet.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-18-2017 06:24:42 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-18-2017 15:26

There is in contrast a Lapbook 14.1 out of the box "boot loop" report: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 22002&fromuid=19651

Does yours get stuck on the logo? Or constantly reboots? Until x number times before finally entering Windows? And does the BIOS update fix your problem?

Edit: clarity + improvement.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-19-2017 02:25:11 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-19-2017 02:59

Sorry, only read the anwsers now; I am on bios V1.12, will update it to 1.14.

To specify it just stays still on the Chuwi logo, no loading circle or nothing and i need to press the power button myself to turn it back off. As soon as i touch the power button it will just shut off instantly.
Can someone tell me more in depth on how to update the bios? It is the first time i do this
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-19-2017 03:23:25 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-19-2017 11:25

To specify it just st ...

It seems easy, I copied Emily's instructions to the correct thread, see: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3901-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-19-2017 04:28:10 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-19-2017 12:25

To specify it just st ...

Unpack the zip/rar file to your usb stick (needed to be fat32 formated and named WINPE)
plug your usb stick in the tablet, remember also connect a keyboard, turn on the tablet and tap F12 until a blue meny pops up, choose to boot from your usb
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-19-2017 08:55:26 | Show all posts
Thanks, will do it in weekends and will tell if it has fixed or not.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-19-2017 09:13:04 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-19-2017 18:55
Thanks, will do it in weekends and will tell if it has fixed or not.

I have updated mine with the 1.14 version, it also had the freezing problem, haven't had it after upgrade
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-19-2017 09:27:19 | Show all posts
Oh, very, very good to hear. Well, than I can say my hi13 doesn't have any issues anymore

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list