ChuWi Forum»Forum General Discussion General Discussion Chuwi Forum Issues

Follow Us

Chuwi Forum Issues

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:3 hour(s) ago View:71|Reply:9

Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-17-2017 22:38

I'd like to start with, that the Reply function doesn't always quote the post replied to anymore. I and a few others have experienced that lately. Nor is it clear whether the reply gets listed anymore (it used to at least) for a response or for the user to be notified about the post.

Edits: clarity + typo.
Reply button? Then forum also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Gajack| Post time 4-17-2017 13:30:17 | Show all posts
Edited by Gajack at 4-19-2017 21:30

Yes some functions aren't working and the forum is laggy since 2 days, I'll report the problem to emily.
pm me for any problems
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Gajack| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Reply Function should work without any issues now.
pm me for any problems

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 6 day(s) ago From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Gajack replied at 4-19-2017 21:32

Test. Thanks in advance!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-20-2017 00:26

Next issue, an example of user footer signature not being loaded: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3927-1-1.html
Edit: also my previous reply! I just noticed. That one was in wap/mobile-forum-view, if it matters.
Chuwi? Time-constrains.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-20-2017 13:06
Gajack replied at 4-19-2017 21:32

Sorry still doesn't always work, see: http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 22123&fromuid=19651

Update: and
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=3934&pid=22155&fromuid=19651/Update.

And what the.. 2 minutes between replies now? Or was that also always there?  That's supposed to speed up the forum under higher viewer loads? ... Eh..
Chuwi? Time-constrains.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 7 hour(s) ago From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The 120 seconds waiting period between consecutive posts is too long. The only thing it is preventing is accidental double posting due the delays and unclear feedback "hidden" at the top right corner when processing. Especially when using the "PC Edition" of the forum on a mobile device to have all needed options, like editing, etc.. while only having a mobile in my hands.

The 120 seconds workaround hampers a fluent flow on the forum. It should be brought back to 25 seconds, and only apply to posting on the same thread.

If there are DDoS attacks, or "digital post bombs" (some code just adding random posts to as many forum threads as possible), then that requires a different security focussed internal code for the latter, and 3rd party service infrastructure for the former (DDoS attacks).

If there are forum load challenges, limiting the user experience isn't going to improve the forum experience, but only focusses on keeping the "boat afloat". It's a workaround, not a long term solution.

Chuwi is facing more "general load issues" than just on the forum. Their entire team is overloaded with work and priorities.
Chuwi? Time-constrains.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 6 hour(s) ago | Show all posts
About the Reply function not quoting sometimes, there is one situation it's consistently doesn't quote. It is made to not to quote OP's original post starting the thread. Probably as a forum load reduction minimizing post texts to be loaded, and preventing visual space waste. This could be an option, a check box to override this behavior and quote by the default behavior that quotes partially just to clarify what is being replied to when a thread becomes quite longer.

Alternatively copying manually doesn't list the post in the user's replies overview for a response, I think.

I've a much more drastic suggestion, that would make all of these issues obsolete in some sense, because it requires starting over and migrating the data without any loss of content. But until then, incremental practicality issue reporting or feedback is best performed in this thread.
Chuwi? Time-constrains.

Use magic Report

Gajack| Post time 3 hour(s) ago | Show all posts
I'm sorry I don't see any reason to change delay between consecutive post, it's good for the security, and ONLY you want to post every 10sec on a same topic

Chuwi can't offer services that you see on big companies...

I already reported your problem about reply function. No answer. Anyway I think it's a problem with the version of forum. The forum is powered by Discuz! a Internet forum software written in PHP and developed by Comsenz Technology Co., Ltd.
We have to wait a new version.
pm me for any problems

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 3 hour(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 19:59
Gajack replied at 4-25-2017 19:37
I'm sorry I don't see any reason to change delay between consecutive post, it's good for the securit ...

You misread. Or misunderstood. The timeout is forum wide. The forum user can't post in any other thread within 2 minutes. If you dismiss someone's experience as incidental, because no one finds it important, then maybe you will miss the point, that could matter to users that don't tend to report things as actively.

There is no good reason to prevent posting in different threads beyond waiting 25 seconds instead of the current 120 seconds. Is there any history of bot attacks needing the 120 second time out to prevent?

Edit:
I even think it's not too risky to use a different method to prevent bot attacks, to even go as far as only putting a 25 seconds timeout on posting consecutively in the same thread, not forum wide timeout. The situation with bots abusing that, can be (sufficiently) prevented by forum user group limitations.

Depending on the forum user group, recently registered and no experience with the user, such 120 seconds.timeout can be imposed for that security reason. But can be reduced depending on user group. The more the forum allowed, be more often it can be used, the more responsive users can become. As long as the servers can handle the load, and not because of usability hampering security measure to all forum users.

Edit2: and in case a less limited user group account gets abused purposefully or because of a password leak, then a second measurement can be put in its place, to prevent consecutive posts beyond 10 in a row, with a 2 minutes timeout.

There is no other forum system thus far that limited me in this way
Because.the most limiting factor was my own time, and capacity to process posts and formulate responses. We're as humans limited enough. We really don't need more limitations.

Edits: clarity + addition.
Chuwi? Time-constrains.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list