ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Chuwi Hi13 Compatible Powerbanks&Chargers

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi13 Compatible Powerbanks&Chargers

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:5-5-2017 07:26:18 View:2734|Reply:65

Techdragonz| Post time 4-28-2017 06:18:17 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-28-2017 15:54

Yes, it will step down the voltage but only to the compatible voltages which are: 5V, 9V, 15V and 20V. They
That's the reason for confusion. Nowhere did they mention 12V and 12V isn't a standard for USB PD, it is up to the manufacturer to  add the 12V option.

I really hope they answer me soon
An other one I have stumbled upon was; RavPower, there you can set the voltage to 12V manually and just use a DC to USB C cable to then charge it. I sent a seperate mail to them regarding the output at 12V too.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-28-2017 15:18:00 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-29-2017 00:19

I read this on the internet.
The main worry of OP is about not damaging devices that do not tolerate VBUS above 5V. The answer is simple: by default, a USB port initially provides the same safe 5V power, and nothing more.
The higher voltages and capabilities of power providers are only available upon mutual negotiations between a device (consumer) and a port (provider). If the device does not support this intelligence, no elevated power will be delivered, and no problem will occur.
So, it is no problem to try and see for myself. It can't fry. Perhaps I can just order it to see if that kind works
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 4-28-2017 20:31:13 | Show all posts
Well Techdragonz, that would be a heroic step.  I'm not too sure about trusting a passage like that unless you are very sure about the source and your interpretation of the passage.  I am surprised that Chuwi took the path that they did, putting out a popular item like this tablet and having a non-standard charging interface.  That is not good marketing.  

Chuwi makes powerbanks, so they better engineer one for the H13 or future buyers will be reluctant to pick a tablet which can only be recharged by the manufacturer's brick.  The world is changing.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-29-2017 11:06:10 | Show all posts
Most sites I visit said it wont even charge it if it is not compatible. Think about it; a phone with QC charger charges at 5V standard, the powerbank then "Communicates" with the device to see if it can charge at QC voltage which is 9V. If this communication doesn't happen then the phone will only be charged at the 5V. I think USB PD works the same way.

Yes, exactly... Why would they use that voltage? Why not just 5V? Or if that was not an option, why not 15V? 15V is supported on all USB PD chargers...
My only thought would be then that they may release one specifically for the Chuwi hi13, but that wouldn't make sense...Because they wouldn't gain a lot on it.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 5-2-2017 11:02:44 | Show all posts
RAVpower batterybank is due to arrive on Thursday/Friday. Update will come Friday/Saturday.
Fingers crossed

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 5-2-2017 15:33:48 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 5-2-2017 11:02
RAVpower batterybank is due to arrive on Thursday/Friday. Update will come Friday/Saturday.
Fingers  ...

Absolutely!!

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 5-4-2017 07:16:43 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 5-4-2017 16:19

Very good news here. The RAVpower 26800PD works. It charges pretty fast,  As fast as the original, I tested the charge from 80 to 90 percent and it did this in 20 minutes which means it will charge fully in around 3 hours. It charges while using it too. Very good news IMO. If you are planning on buying it and would want a discount, you can wait a couple of days. RAVpower might give us coupon codes.(They told me when I asked about the compatibility) If they do, I'll place them here.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 5-4-2017 07:47:40 | Show all posts
There is also a new wall charger available of only 22$ which WILL work and which is very portable. You do need an adapter if you live in the EU
TO EU-plug: Gearbest : $0.81

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 5-5-2017 05:09:24 | Show all posts
Well Done!!  Much good karma for you.  

The new wall charger - is there a link for that unit?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 5-5-2017 07:26:18 | Show all posts
Kiwee replied at 5-5-2017 14:09
Well Done!!  Much good karma for you.  

The new wall charger - is there a link for that unit?

Thanks

Here is the link to the unit: Xiaomi USB C power adapter: Gearbest

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list