ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 HI13 Touch screen not working

Follow Us

HI13 Touch screen not working

[Copy link]

kernala|Post time:4-20-2017 02:34:08 View:868|Reply:4

I received today the Chuwi HI13.
After loading the battery, I started the device and obtained a login screen with "Admin".
I touched the screen and logged in to Windows.

Now I have a standard Windows screen but the thouch screen is not working at all.

Please tell me if you have a solution ?

Best regards,

Alain

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-19-2017 11:17:00 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-19-2017 11:18

Hi Alain

I am happy to say we have already encountered issues like this so  normally we already know the cure ;)
Just download the Touchsettings.gt and replace the one that is located in (C:\Windows\INF) with it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bKI75T2fkKZGZDUDBiMzI1ZVU/view

That should do the job.
Please report back if it also worked for you!
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

kernala| Post time 4-20-2017 02:05:02 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-19-2017 11:17
Hi Alain

I am happy to say we have already encountered issues like this so  normally we already kno ...

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and support.

By playing with the buttons on the top of the chuwi, I finally found a way to reboot the system.
Now, the touch screen is working well again without any particular interventions.

Nevertheless, I have just a question regarding your solution:
As I did not buy the Chuwi keyboard, how can I change or update files on the tablet if the system is not working again in the future ?
Do you know if there is a solution (for example, "connection to a PC via USB" or "usage of a Bluetooth keyboard" or etc ?)

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Alain

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-20-2017 02:20:49 | Show all posts
kernala replied at 4-20-2017 12:05
Hello,

Thank you for your answer and support.

In Windows you should be abel to use BT keyboard, mouse and so on, but if you have to update Bios, reinstall Windows, you need a USB keyboard connected to the tablet
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-20-2017 02:34:08 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-20-2017 13:41
kernala replied at 4-20-2017 11:05
Do you know if there is a solution (for example, "connection to a PC via USB" or "usage of a Bluetooth keyboard" or etc ?)

If Hackerjac wasn't clear, he means: look into the OTG support. Adapter or cable. From microUSB or TypeC to female TypeA/Full-size. If BT can't be used in a situation, or if it's not good enough.

Edit: there are OTG TypeC docks/adapters/hub that offer monitor output as well if the screen becomes blank because of any driver issues after Windows Update (works well.for many so far though). And consider the rotary keyboard for all of lap-mode benefits (see Laplets vs Tabtops in forum search) and quick latching/unlatching and no BT stuff (pairing, reconnect time, some lag also in characters apearing compared to USB or pogo connectors, keyboard standby mode, etc.. it's relative).

Edit2: also see nice tutorial for BIOS update without rotary pogo keyboard: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3934-1-1.html

Edits: addition + typo.

Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list