ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Tutorial [Tutorial] How to flash BIOS for Chuwi Hi13

Follow Us

[Hi13] [Tutorial] How to flash BIOS for Chuwi Hi13

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:5-28-2017 08:15:08 View:2242|Reply:8

Edited by emily at 4-20-2017 21:57

Preparation tool:

A: You need a 2 pieces of OTG cable.
A.png

Or a USB hub
B.png

B: A Keyboard with USB port
C.png

C: A USB stick.
D.png

If you have the Hi13 rotation keyboard, the OTG and external USB keyboard won't be needed.
And bluetooth keyboard can't be used.

The first step:

Prepare a USB Stick to connect your computer. Format it into the FAT 32 format and rename it as "WINPE". Copy the all files in the rar file to the USB stick as follows:

1.png

The second step:

Connect the USB stick and the keyboard to the tablet via OTG or HUB

The third step:

Please press the power button for around 3 sec, Then tap "F12" continuously in the keyboard until the tablet shows the following image:

33.png

The forth step:

Use the arrow pointer to choose your USB Stick for boot, then press Enter

4.png

The fifth step:

The tablet will enter Shell mode and start the flashing script, it will take around 2 min for the process

5.png

5.2.png

When it finish flashing, turn off the tablet, remove the USB Stick, turn on the tablet again, tap F12 and choose Enter Setup, it should then look like this

5.3.png

Download Tutorial:
            https://mega.nz/#!Is4WSSrT!aEQ7w ... BI_RBstxerawUDGdA4U

Use magic Report

Rodrigus| Post time 5-14-2017 21:31:55 | Show all posts
Edited by Rodrigus at 5-14-2017 21:44

I have just finished doing this and now when I try to turn on the tablet it just stays black. I only know its on because of the light on the keyboard. How can I fix?
Edit: Now working ok. Sorry, I guess it was just something weird.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-20-2017 03:04:02 | Show all posts
Very nice and clear!
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-20-2017 03:10:05 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-20-2017 12:16

To be clear though, the OTG and external USB keyboard won't be needed if the user has the Hi13 rotary pogo keyboard, right? You focussed on the situation when the user doesn't have it, and that's good. I'm only trying to make the tutorial slightly more clear what it means.

Edit: also please make clear if both MicroUSB OTG and TypeC OTG works. So even a MicroUSB OTG connected to Hi13 TypeC with a MicroUSB to TypeC adapter should work as far as I can tell. Can you confirm? It shouldn't be necessary if connecting MicroUSB OTG directly to Hi13 MicroUSB would work also for updating the BIOS. Hackerjac confirms MicroUSB on Hi13 can be used for booting USB memory./Edit.

For those wondering what else the Hi13 keyboard is good for, see Laplets vs Tabtops (forum search).
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 4-20-2017 17:46:23 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 4-20-2017 03:10
To be clear though, the OTG and external USB keyboard won't be needed if the user has the Hi13 rotar ...

Yes, you are right.
If the user has the Hi13 rotation keyboard, the OTG and external USB keyboard won't be needed.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-20-2017 17:56:01 | Show all posts
emily replied at 4-21-2017 02:46
Yes, you are right.
If the user has the Hi13 rotation keyboard, the OTG and external USB keyboard  ...

Thanks! Please update the tutorial, because like you know not everyone can make time to read everything before starting with the tutorial or without assuming stuff.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 4-20-2017 21:58:47 | Show all posts
Thanks for your good advice. I have updated the tutorial.

Use magic Report

zahid| Post time 5-28-2017 07:51:00 | Show all posts
I do not understand how you arrange files in the drive. There are 12 files in the rar folder and your drive shows 2 folders and 1 file. what are the content of your 2 folders?

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-28-2017 08:15:08 | Show all posts
zahid replied at 5-28-2017 16:51
I do not understand how you arrange files in the drive. There are 12 files in the rar folder and you ...

Donno where you got the bios from, but the one Emily have poster in download contains 2 folder and 1 file
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list