ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Pen problems

Follow Us

Hi13 Pen problems

[Copy link]

jaysonplazo|Post time:4-23-2017 07:43:55 View:4565|Reply:66

Hi, i recently received my HI13 and i am loving every part of it except one part, which is the Pen.
The pen i have is not registering light touch/or stroke so when  the pen touches the screen it wont produce any lines unless i press a bit harder.
Is there anyway for me to calibrate the pen or fix this issue as the pen was one of my main reason why i bought this tablet.
I  uploaded a video of my problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWANOQ8r3ig

as you can see, the bottom of the pen and my finger produces a much more accurate line than the pen itself.
Jittery line are also a bit of a problem but that's least of my concern.

Please let me know what i can do or if i have received a faulty product what should i do?
im new in here so any help will be appreciated

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-21-2017 15:46:53 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-22-2017 01:06

Bad sign.. this is the second H3 jitter report. TechTablets guy did show that it's less sensitive for finer lines, that pressure sensitivity works though. Hi12 veterans might be able to chip in or something. Otherwise see after-sales link in my signature.

Edit: remember your sellers return deadline, although this should still be covered under warranty. Perhaps you need feedback from seniors or Chuwi to isolate whether it's the pen or the pen support. There is also .gt file that helps with touchscreen issue, but isn't without downsides or side effects. And not sure if it would help in this case.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-22-2017 06:56:22 | Show all posts
Yep, that's definitly a bad sign. Less sensitivity for finer lines is the only real downside for me. I really haven't experienced those jitter yet.
Get yourself a resend? And test it out with that one.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-22-2017 15:40:02 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-22-2017 15:56
Yep, that's definitly a bad sign. Less sensitivity for finer lines is the only real downside for me. ...

If this isn't something that can be calibrated, how well can you "calibrate yourself" to get the line thickness you want based on practicing using that H3? Edit: typo.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-22-2017 23:10:17 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You can get thin lines but not those very thin ones. For those you need to reduce your pen thickness in the software you are using.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 04:38:26 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 13:42
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 08:10
You can get thin lines but not those very thin ones. For those you need to reduce your pen thickness ...

But will it get thicker if H3 pushed harder against the screen, if the selected line thickness max setting is low? Because that's a bummer for artists I think, which is the focus of the OP: "more professional" artist or sketching software.

Even old style mangaka with physical ink, can get thicker and finer lines with the same tool in the same line-stroke, I think..

Hi13 as-is is fine for general purpose handwriting, sketches and diagrams (like my use-cases), but it doesn't seem to be able to compete with Wacom or more specialized active styluses. Or drawing pads. It would be a shame, if he needs to purchase an additional Wacom drawing pad surface and connect to the Hi13. Because other tablets supporting Wacom are either much more expensive or have a significantly smaller screen.

Edits: clarity + typo.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 05:01:42 | Show all posts
It's actually just feeling what is best for you at that time. If you have a thick setting you will not be able to get those ultrathin lines and if u are on that thin setting you will not be able to go very think. On medium thickness you get the best of both worlds. Atleast in sketchable that is.
It is not bad for the normal users but I think professional sketchers will prefer a wacom stylus or pad afterall...
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 05:23:48 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 14:29

Addressing OP, Reply function failed again. Issue known in its own Chuwi forum issues thread.

If it doesn't suite your needs, you might want to save up for something better, instead of settling for Hi13 with an additional Wacom external pad+pen to connect to it. If you need portability, and drawing in the screen itself instead of on a pad while looking at a screen. Or go fo something smaller with older but more specialized specs (slightly less PPI though and much smaller screen, and (typo edit: more) expensive)?
There is the Lenovo Yoga Book Digital Drawing Tablet PC http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_591271.html

Draw Like a Pro
When artistic inspiration strikes, Yoga Book has you covered. When the keyboard is off, the Create Pad and Real Pen, thanks to 2048 levels of pressure, give you the precision and control you expect from a traditional pen on paper. Best of all, you can see your creations come alive on the display - unlike most tablets, where your hand blocks the display as you draw
A Keyboard When - and Only When - You Need It
When you want to get serious work done, simply open your Yoga Book in Type mode. The next generation in keyboards will appear - and deliver a typing experience like no other tablet. Not only does the Halo Keyboard light up only when you need it, it also deploys hap-tic feedback for a familiar physical experience, while auto-correct and auto-complete features learn from your behavior

It seems in the end we end up getting what we pay for. Artists have it tough in tech, always more expensive.

Edit: clarity addition.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 07:00:35 | Show all posts
It seems in the end we end up getting what we pay for. Artists have it tough in tech, always more expensive.

We get what we pay for? We kind of get more then what we pay for comparing it to main brands.

The lenovo is not really better than the hi13, eventhough it is costlyer:
Hi13    <=> Yogabook
3k       <=> 1080p
N3450 <=> Z8550
6h life <=> 4h life

The only thing that may be better on the Lenovo is the Stylus and the rear camera (But seriously, who uses a tab for taking quality pictures?)

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 07:43:55 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 16:48
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 16:00
We get what we pay for? We kind of get more then what we pay for comparing it to main brands.

The ...

It's about PPI. And better quality for artists. See that the (Edit: one of the main) reason(s) the OP bought the Hi13 was because of the H3 dual chip active Stylus support. Even though he is happy with the Hi13 other than that, but like this, it's not suitable for high quality stylus dependant production. And Hi13 internals, is much less than Surface Book or the X5 Pro, for a reason. You can't deny that price is able to be brought down for a reason.

I have praised Hi13 for everything it is, see my threads and posts. Especially Laplets vs Tabtops, and "retina quality" PPI references. They Yoga one is for stylus dependant artists. You can't deny that. Which competitor of Chuwi has for the same price better stylus support in this screen size? We always eventually get what we pay for. Chuwi doesn't cheat us on price, even though others complain Chuwi prices compared to other competitors that offer better internals at the cost of less PPI and not much other added value.

You never get more than what you pay for, because Chuwi and other commercial companies are for profit. It's all calculated in. Chuwi has advantages, and this thread clearly shows the disadvantages.

If I would say Chuwi is cheating in advertising about the stylus quality, that would be worse. It's what we pay for. About half the cost of that "pro artists" smaller Lenovo one. He might choose to get an external Wacom drawing pad as well if Max portability isn't his requirement.

I don't want to be too biased for Chuwi. I try to express "my insights".

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list