ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Pen problems

Follow Us

Hi13 Pen problems

[Copy link]

jaysonplazo|Post time:4-23-2017 13:44:17 View:4475|Reply:65

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 08:31:49 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-23-2017 17:33

I agree about the stylus part. Just like i said:
It is not bad for the normal users but I think professional sketchers will prefer a wacom stylus or pad afterall...

I know they make good profit, and I also know they have been lying to us in the advertisments.
But the way they make profit makes a difference too? Chinese brands don't spend tons of money on tv commercials and other stuff like that, while other brands like samsung, apple, microsoft, LG, ... do. Advertising on e.g. tv costs a lot of money. And that's already a way to lower the price for Chinese products, as they don't have all that and sometimes just rely on us/youtubers/... to advertise for them. So a chinese tablet that is half the price of the one it is trying to "clone" isn't always half as good. Also, why are oneplus phones so cheap in comparance to the main stream flagships? They are good phones, with flagship specs. You see what I am trying to say?

If he'd want max. portability; why would he even have bought the Hi13 lets say; over the Cube mix plus, which has the same price, wacom support and a better CPU/GPU and is more portable.

I am also not biased
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 08:42:08 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 17:45
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 17:31
I agree about the stylus part. Just like i said:
I know they make good profit, and I also know they ...
If he'd want max. portability; why would he even have bought the Hi13 lets say; over the Cube mix plus, which has the same price, wacom support and a better CPU/GPU and is more portable.

That's pretty good compared to the Lenovo Yoga Book. But to be fair, the innovation in the Lenovo one is not in the other. You can draw on paper, and have it immediately digitised. And 1024 vs 2048 pressure levels. Although not sure how well the Lenovo one fairs against the Wacom one. But now you're also clearly suggesting something other than Hi13 for artists (Edit: if they need a more sensitive stylus). And have clarified that you want to be fair to Chuwi and are not biased.

Edits: typo.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 08:50:24 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-23-2017 17:53
That's pretty good compared to the Lenovo Yoga Book. But to be fair, the innovation in the Lenovo one is not I the other. You can draw on paper, and have it immediately digitised.

That's true, but let's be honest. Would you ever use that feature? Because I wouldn't. It's more like a gimick.

But not you're also clearly suggesting something other than Hi13 for artists. And have clarified that you want to be fair to Chuwi and are not biased.

Isn't that what I said a couple of posts back. This isn't a tablet for professional artists. (So it may suffice for the casual artists)
I have never been biased. What I say is my honest opinion baised on my needs & the way I think about a product. If the Hi13 would have sucked, I would have already told everyone, and would have returned it.

Edit: Clarity
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 09:03:40 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 17:50
That's true, but let's be honest. Would you ever use that feature? Because I wouldn't. It's more li ...

So it's not weird of me to say, we get what we pay for, correct?
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 11:04:57 | Show all posts
Well, you're right if you also say that products like apple laptops don't give you what you pay for...
So it should work vice versa too.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 11:16:29 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 20:52
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 20:04
Well, you're right if you also say that products like apple laptops don't give you what you pay for. ...

For some reason, a Surface Book review says, that despite the more raw power compared to an equivalent Apple product, using video editing product works more smoothly on the Apple one. There is an architectural tuning and (Edit: different level) quality control. Including high App Store standards. They rip off on hardware, but their strength is not raw power. It's Max quality. Although with its downsides as far as multitasking goes on older iOS. We always get what we pay for. You pay for Apple, you get Apple. The good, and the bad.

Edit: the Apple pencil is so good, imo. And compared to Android audio latency, most high end music apps are for Apple. Windows seems better than Android for audio as well. Or Nvidia Quadro driver certifications versus GeForce. You pay for the Quadro driver, not for the raw hardware and gaming optimized GeForce driver.

Edits: typo + addition + I'm fine with being weired, what I said however was not.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 11:53:58 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-23-2017 21:00

I am talking about real desktops/laptops here. Not 2 in 1's. As apple doesn't offer those yet.

Let me put things into reality:
You can buy a macbook air 13.3" with i5 (Broadwell, dualcore), 8gb ram, 128gb flash storage and intel hd graphics for 1199€ See here
in the same store I can buy an ASUS ROG 15" with i7 7700HQ, 8gb ram, 256Gb ssd and Nvidea GTX1050 for 100€ less 1099€  See here

What would you choose?
You might say; well, the apple is more portable, thinner, ect. But the fact is thinner I no longer see as an advantage; atleast I don't need to run around with dongles all the time... And thickness, There are also thinner ones for around the same price from MSI

Edit: I reread my post on the poll about the boocklets; how do you explain the fact that for the price of the chuwi tablet I cannot find anything with even decent enough specs? All i can find is 2gb ram, 32gb storage, Z8300, not even a full HD screen

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 12:02:30 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 21:18
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 20:53
I am talking about real desktops/laptops here. Not 2 in 1. As apple doesn't offer those yet.

Let me ...

It depends on my requirements. What I listed was equally reality. I chose Hi13, for a reason. I didn't set my expectations too high. Do you have experience with Apple for high end stuff? If you focus on raw power based on individual components, and disregard architecture​ and driver tuning, then you're disregarding my arguments.

You would be surprised how raw power alone can let down as well. TechTablets guy said that he tried other Apollo lakes, even with the same amount of RAM designated to the integrated GPU, so exact same chip, but Hi13 performed better, hinting at some Chuwi optimization, and thus development cost.

You underestimate how much high-quality tuning and quality control and certification processes cost. And for all of that, they (Edit: Apple) want to be payed top dollars. You get what you pay for. Raw power. Or an optimized solution for specific requirements. If you don't want to see that, that's your prerogative. Don't let me tell you otherwise.

Edits: clarity. Sorry, I don't have convincing clear arguments for you, to understand why I standby by my statement: we get what we pay for. I must be paid by Apple, Nvidia (Quadro) and Lenovo. Why else? Who cares. No one is stopping anyone to find out for themselves when the "unseen advantages" insight becomes relevant, one day.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-23-2017 12:44:57 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-23-2017 21:48
Do you have experience with Apple for high end stuff?

I personally don't, but I know people who have.

If you focus on raw power based on individual components, and disregard architecture​ and driver tuning, then you're disregarding my arguments.

I didn't disregard your arguments, but you make it sound like companies like MSI, Asus, ect. don't optimize their products. which is not the case.
And I know tweaking and optimizing helps, but still it doesn't really make huge differences.

You underestimate how much high-quality tuning and quality control and certification processes cost.

Other companies like MSI, Asus (ROG), ... also tune their devices and have decent QC

If you don't want to see that, that's your prerogative. Don't let me tell you otherwise.

I never said their quality isn't good. I know they deliver HQ products, but the price you pay for it could easily be reduced. Even if you calculate the tuning and QC and certification costs with it. Btw, have you heard about the touchbars malfuntioning on many macbooks and it not wanting to turn on easily? Nice Quality control  You also seem to ignore my arguments though, like the one about the 2 laptops. If you are a gamer, you would know what to choose, if you need to run cpu/gpu demanding tasks, you will know what to choose too.

I don't think you are paid by them, we just look at things differently. You will never see me buy an apple product, for the OS already. Ios is to easy, not customizable enough. They have to much control. My old android devices all get another custom rom on them like cyanogenmod or sth like that. with android you can do what you want, so can you with windows. While MacOS is kinda more closed off. And also the price, but that is well xd

But OK, I'll in the future.
Btw, this is kind-off going off topic...

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 13:44:17 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-23-2017 22:46
Techdragonz replied at 4-23-2017 21:44
I personally don't, but I know people who have.
You also seem to ignore my arguments though, like the one about the 2 laptops. If you are a gamer, you would know what to choose, if you need to run cpu/gpu demanding tasks, you will know what to choose too.

That requirement is indeed offtopic, like my rant. Shutting up won't change what we have said.

I recommend the OP, and others for whom it's relevant, go into an Apple Store, and other stores with other solutions, and compare the Apple Pencil to the other solutions. Notice responsiveness/lag and precision, both of immediacy and pressure sensitivity. In the default, and optimized professional software, and your favorite software. If possible.

You don't need to buy them, just feel first hand what is being talked about. I just speak from the impressions I've got. I'm not an artist. Nor a perfectionist "casual artist". The tool won't substitute skill, so not to be misleading in that regard.

Techdragonz has already provided feedback about the workaround with Hi13. Beyond that trying a resend as he suggested, or looking for an alternative, isn't much more to it. This thread followed its "evolution" in that regard.

Going into everything else, this forum isn't optimized for it. Nor is my mobile phone interface. So pass.

Edit: typo.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list