ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Hi13 Pen problems

Follow Us

Hi13 Pen problems

[Copy link]

jaysonplazo|Post time:4-25-2017 16:55:34 View:4476|Reply:65

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-23-2017 15:21:17 | Show all posts
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jimix85| Post time 4-25-2017 12:52:32 | Show all posts
Edited by jimix85 at 4-25-2017 12:56

Heyyy, I just got my Hi13 today, and I'm having the same troubles as jayson:

Huge jitter, and the pressure sensitivity is simply inconsistent.
I really want to like this tablet, like really. Everything else is awesome: beautifull screen, a good enought processor, a good price. But I wanted this tablet mainly for digital art, and this jitter is extremely anoying to me, and the sensitivity sure could use some taming.
I don't know, I don't wanna give up on this tablet yet, but I can only wait so much for chuwi to do something about it before I return it, if they can fix it by software that is.
Feels bad maan...

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 13:40:12 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 22:51
jimix85 replied at 4-25-2017 21:52
Heyyy, I just got my Hi13 today, and I'm having the same troubles as jayson:
Feels bad maan...

Yup..

After all feedback and going through competitors a bit, I think it's becoming clear that "high quality perfectionists" active stylus technology, is proportional to the price being asked for. They know what they have comparatively in the market, and how much R&D it costed them, and how much they want to profit from it. And they will hold on to that advantage as long as they can.

Chuwi is not for any (aspiring or casual) artists or serious hobbyist. It's not their specialty. They've been dipping their toes in the "mid-end affordable" market for "general use-cases" including as many use-cases as possible. Not specialized for any demanding use-case, including "high-end stylus" precision.

So indeed, don't take too much of a risk waiting for too long on an improving firmware or something in this regard. Techdragonz seems one of a few not having jitter issues, and not sure how well he tested the pressure sensitivity.

I refer you to my earlier post for the playlist to see what Chuwi will never be able to do within a year or two with their current focus, current team needing expansion, and current capital. Users might need to start a petition to see how many wants an Apple Pencil "clean room clone" and having Chuwi doing the R&D with crowd funding like the SurBook.

Edit: typo + and will it be that affordable then? Hi13 lower internal specs and not laminating the screen, are a big factor in making the Surface Book screen in the tablet affordable and usable.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 4-25-2017 14:41:01 | Show all posts
I may also have a H3 pen problem, but I'm too dumb to know.  I received an H13 tablet and the H3 pen yesterday.  I tried using the pen in Sticky Notes and Paint, but nothing happened.  Also, I was not able to highlight an area or drag on the tablet screen.  

I watched the Techtablets guy's H13 review, and it looked like he didn't put in a battery or anything, he just started drawing on the screen and his H3 pen made lines.  My H3 pen does nothing at all.  The touchscreen is working - I can draw lines and write with my finger.  Is there something I don't know about how to use the pen, or is it likely that I received a "dead" pen?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 15:00:37 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-26-2017 00:07
Kiwee replied at 4-25-2017 23:41
I may also have a H3 pen problem, but I'm too dumb to know.  I received an H13 tablet and the H3 pen ...

You might be underinformed, no need to call yourself dumb to feel free to ask questions, no matter how simple you think the question is, or make you seem.

he didn't put in a battery or anything, he just started drawing on the screen and his H3 pen made lines.

If you mean his H3 review, then he definitely must have prepared the H3 having put the battery in it outside the video or in the previous video. Because H3 is an active stylus and not wirelessly powered unlike the Surface Pro 1-2 (256 pressure levels) and Samsung sPens (depends on exact implementation).

And the quadruple A battery (AAAA), is included in the H3 pen box, to be able to start until you get a rechargable or reserve ones. It will work for quite some time before needing replacement.

See HiPen overview: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3791-1-1.html

Edit: autocomplete fail recovery + clarity.

Use magic Report

Kiwee| Post time 4-25-2017 15:41:38 | Show all posts
Thanks for the clues.  There was no battery in the pen box, but there was a slot for a battery.  I opened the pen and there was a piece of plastic wrap under the pen top.  Under the plastic was a battery.  I removed the plastic and replaced the top.  The pen still did not work, so I re-opened the pen, inverted the battery, and re-closed the pen.  Voila! Now I have a working stylus.  Mucho gracias.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 15:48:27 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-26-2017 00:52
Kiwee replied at 4-26-2017 00:41
Thanks for the clues.  There was no battery in the pen box, but there was a slot for a battery.  I o ...

Did you get it like that in its box? Because that's not normal. Some spot checking (testing) by your seller gone wrong?

Is there a box? Isn't there a place for the battery in the box foam where the H3 has its own slot in the ridgid foam?

Edit: I just reread your response, so it was probably your seller that did that. There is no reason for Chuwi or customs to do that. That's my guess.

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

trent| Post time 4-25-2017 16:36:50 | Show all posts
guys who have the jitter issues, check this recording I did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXJcQTgZNo

it is very annoying if you know anything about drawing on tablets, this is not something that should happen (the jitter)
it's not a matter of being a perfectionist it's literally unusable in this state. I have contacted chuwi with no response in a week, so I am going to return it.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 16:50:10 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-26-2017 02:24
trent replied at 4-26-2017 01:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXJcQT ...

I put my words between double quotes for a reason.

literally unusable

It can be used for on the fly "low quality" illustrations, diagrams and (digitised searchable) notes.
Edit:
Chuwi is not for any (aspiring or casual) artists or serious hobbyist.
/Edit.

So not for better quality, as I clarified (based on all feedback). You read selectively out of context. Chuwi is not the brand for what you need. You expected too much from this "budget solution". Edit: so did I to a certain extent.

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 16:55:34 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-26-2017 01:56
trent replied at 4-26-2017 01:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXJcQT ...

You also totally ignored when I linked with Please see: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3963-1-1.html

No solution can match that. Angle sensitive stylus with impeccable near-realtime responsiveness and precision. And see the H3 playlist there too. Contains all of your issue videos and lag videos by other review and advise by me and the reviewer.

Edit: clarity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list