Chuwi Hi13 Essentials - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Chuwi Hi13 Essentials

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi13 Essentials

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:4-24-2017 12:59:01 View:5365|Reply:87

Edited by Techdragonz at 5-24-2017 16:48

Here are some essential accessories for the Hi13.
I'll be posting more recommended  accessories here when I find them.

I'll split things up into different usage categories:

People that don't use/own the keyboard dock or people that use it as a tablet:

• Tempered glass screen protector or film: 5.99GBP: Amazon link
  • Case: 6.99GBP: Amazon link
  • Any bluetooth keyboard&mouse will do the job or a wireless USB keyboard&mouse would be better (For the wireless one you will need a usb hub too though)

People that use the keyboard dock:

• Glass screen protector: 5.99GBP : Amazon link  (It's confirmed that tempered glass doen't interfere with the keyboard)
  • You can precision cut a piece of carbon fiber vinyl to protect the back and make it look cool. (like slickwraps/Dbrand skins)
  • Wireless Mouse (With Wireless USB that you stick in keyboard dock), the touchpad is very annoying, so you might need this.

General accessories:

• Wall Charger: Aukey USB C charger: Amazon.de, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com  
  • Powerbank: RAVpower 26800mAh: Amazon
  • USB C to USB A, I have this (and it works out of the box, no need to trim away plastic like some others need)
  • USB type C extension cable: Amazon
  • USB C hub with HDMI, Ethernet and passthrough PD charging: (Coming soon)
  • Class 10 U3 Micro SD-card (>64Gb) (I use this)
  • A sleeve (Choose one around 13.5", just double check the dimensions if you feel the need to)

Obvious recommendations:

Edit: Completeness
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-24-2017 07:52:05 | Show all posts
Nice finding
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-24-2017 09:49:39 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-24-2017 19:00

FWIW, to contribute to its completeness, and interactions between all available or possible and/or recommended Hi13 accessories. Know the following:

The case might conflict with the rotary pogo magnetic keyboard. Also as such the tempered glass might conflict with that like the situation it seems for the Hi12: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3118-1-1.html

If you get that keyboard, you might not need the hub, especially if you might want max GPU usage using microHDMI instead of uncertain USB TypeC mechanism, whether driver like Display Link relies noticably at times on the CPU. You could also have access to Lap-mode, since that's one of the key strengths of a Laplet. See (forum search) Laplets vs Tabtops.

See the threads under Hi13 subforum for most relevant threads and links. Including Techdragonz USB PD powerbank related contributions.

If you find yourself preferring a Tabtop over a Laplet, you might want to skip Hi13, and go for the SurBook. More portable, more mobile, lighter, better internals. At the cost of not lap-mode-friendly. Since this thread completely disregards the Laplet design of the Hi13. While retaining easy access to tablet with active stylus advantages, within its quality boundaries.

So it shouldn't have been mutually exclusive. But with some accessory combinations, the "usage model" shifts to a Tabtop. Just so that the viewer knows.

Edits: typos + clarity.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Klunkerbill| Post time 4-24-2017 10:35:42 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-24-2017 10:49:42 | Show all posts
The case might conflict with the rotary pogo magnetic keyboard.

This is quite obvious isn't it...

If you get that keyboard, you might not need the hub

A hub/dongle is always a handy addition lets say if I want to transfer things at 3.0 speeds. It's good to have laying around.

See the threads under Hi13 subforum for most relevant threads and links. Including Techdragonz USB PD powerbank related contributions

Some people may not be interested in all that information. I am still testing multiple powerbanks and the one with the best results will be placed here

I'll change it up in catigories then.

I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-24-2017 10:53:45 | Show all posts
Klunkerbill replied at 4-24-2017 19:35
Bag: https://www.amazon.de/Adore-June-Microsoft-Surface-Performance/dp/B0176IKUX0/ref=sr_1_1?s=compu ...

I think the Hi13 is has more length than the Surface Book, and this sleeve you referenced is a "perfect fit" for the SB. Hi13 lower and upper bezels in portrait-mode, are bigger, that's why the Hi13 is probably taller than the SB. So that sleeve probably won't fit Hi13. I think. It might have been Lap-mode friendly though, but overkill. Because if you dock and fold the Hi13, I expect the rigid keyboard will protect the screen the best. That's my guess. It will mean heavier carrying weight. It all has negative and positive aspects.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-24-2017 11:11:09 | Show all posts
I think the Hi13 is has more length than the Surface Book, and this sleeve you referenced is a "perfect fit" for the SB.

Check the dimensions of the sleeve and then check the hi13. It will fit. And a sleeve is handy if you want to protect the metal when you don't use it too.

Chuwi hi13: 334*222*9.2 mm
Sleeve: 34 x 24.4 x 2 cm > 340 x 244 x 20 mm

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-24-2017 11:40:13 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-24-2017 20:11
Check the dimensions of the sleeve and then check the hi13. It will fit. And a sleeve is handy if  ...

Oh ok. Then that's that.

Still overkill to me, since I use a bag with a dedicated compartment for the Hi13 with its keyboard. I would indeed want the USB3 hub also for gigabit Ethernet. So the expensive sleeve cost is better spent there for keyboard packers, lap-mode ready ones.

I'm curious. Have you forum searched Laplets vs Tabtops? Thanks for the category clarity though.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-24-2017 11:48:17 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-24-2017 20:51
Techdragonz replied at 4-24-2017 19:49

You're making an accessible overview. You don't want people to be misled by those assuming everything is thought about here. Except if it is, and then it wouldn't lead to unfortunate situations, because of time-constrained readers.

If you don't remind about advantages of lap-mode, and thus the design of the Hi13, then what are you putting in front of the viewers and expecting them to think about all implications? Up until recently, no one used terms that distinguished Laplets from Tabtops efficiently. I.e. this is a Tabtop centric use-case, do you really need the Hi13? What about the SurBook? Questions that help get the viewer thinking about what their requirements really are and what is a better fit.

Edit: clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-24-2017 12:59:01 | Show all posts
Any bluetooth keyboard&mouse will do the job

I discourage BT (pitfalls, "cheap ones" nonadjustable standby timeout, microlag, etc..) keyboards. Wireless USB offers a better experience. Wired even better if distance isn't an issue. I repeated this point so often, because it got burried in yet another thread over and over again.

BT works sure. There were with Hi12 problems or slow WiFi with simultaneous BT and Wifi, but Hi13 probably got that fixed. Has anyone tested it?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list