Chuwi Hi13 Essentials - page 2 - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Chuwi Hi13 Essentials

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi13 Essentials

[Copy link]

Techdragonz|Post time:5-1-2017 09:44:03 View:5369|Reply:87

Techdragonz| Post time 4-25-2017 06:19:45 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-25-2017 15:45

I added wifi keyboard to the options. Hmm, I don't have slower WiFi when using Bluetooth and WiFi simultaniously though.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 06:36:53 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 4-25-2017 15:19
I added wifi keyboard to the options. Hmm, I don't have slower WiFi when using Bluetooth and WiFi si ...

I opened a thread about the tablet housing material: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3978-1-1.html
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 11:19:33 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 20:45
Techdragonz replied at 4-25-2017 15:19
I added wifi keyboard to the options. Hmm, I don't have slower WiFi when using Bluetooth and WiFi si ...

WiFi is often used for Wireless LAN I think. Not any wireless signal. You mean Wireless USB correct? There could be a better term online for it.

Edit: because there are wifi keyboard apps though, these operate over the WiFi network.

And see Oxford:

Wi-Fi /ˈwʌɪfʌɪ  /
▸ noun trademark a facility allowing computers, smartphones, or other devices to connect to the Internet or communicate with one another wirelessly within a particular area.
– ORIGIN 1990s: from wireless + an apparently arbitrary second element, after hi-fi; sometimes incorrectly interpreted as a shortening of Wireless Fidelity.

Edit2:
According to founding member Phil Belanger, the WECA board members felt that the name needed some explanation. The tag line "The Standard for Wireless Fidelity" was created. However, as Belanger explained, the tag line only created confusion: Neither WECA nor the Wi-Fi Alliance was ever responsible for developing standards and the term "wireless fidelity" is meaningless.

-- http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/wireless-fidelity

Edits: clarity.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 11:27:52 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 20:59
You can precision cut a piece of carbon fiber vinyl to protect the back and make it look cool. (like slickwraps/Dbrand skins)

That's a cool idea.

Those going for heat mods and removing the internal tape shielding the coper heat plate to conduct temperature to the device body, they would want the Hi13 body to exert maximum temperature to the outside. See TechTablets guy internal reveal video. Do that at own risk. It's risky.

Just trying to make (Edit: the Hi13 Essentials overview)) complete. (Edit: I split paragraphs on the wrong sentence when I wrote first in a single block of text)

Personally I want the Hi13 to operate as cool as possible for maximum handheld comfort at that screen size and PPI. So I might have to reduce CPU speed in power options for that if I must.

Edits: clarity + addition.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-25-2017 11:50:23 | Show all posts
That's a cool idea.

Yes, it is

Those going for heat mods and removing the internal tape shielding the coper heat plate to conduct temperature to the device body, they would want the Hi13 body to exert maximum temperature to the outside. See TechTablets guy internal reveal video. Do that at own risk. It's risky. Just trying to make it complete.

Disclaimer: If you don't think you can do it; just leave it; As Chris from TechTablets said, this tablet doesn't really need it. It doesn't run very hot. That's why he will not do it either.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 11:52:59 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 20:54
Film screen protector: 2.99GBP : Amazon link  (Tempered glass might interfere with the keyboard but this is not confirmed yet)

Softer screen protectors might conflict with the HiPen H3 "hard" tip. And most Chuwi tablets are shipped with preapplied probably soft screen protector. And see this:

I have now removed the cover.  It is strange because the Chuwi arrived with a protective plastic cover which I removed without ever thinking there would be a 2nd protective cover underneath that one.  Just tested the pen again and, no scratches.
-- http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... 3&fromuid=19651
He had to remove both layers to be able to use the tablet with the stylus without visually apparantly visible scratches.

Edit: reference link.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-25-2017 11:59:20 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 4-25-2017 21:02
Softer screen protectors might conflict with the HiPen H3 "hard" tip.

Some will not be applied very well, and I have ordered the glass screen protector to see if it conflicts with the keyboard.

The screenprotector I linked has a scratchresistant coating on it, so it will probably not scratch as fast.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 4-25-2017 12:03:04 | Show all posts
You mean Wireless USB correct?

Yes, I do. I will change it.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-25-2017 12:11:35 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-25-2017 21:26
Techdragonz replied at 4-25-2017 20:59
Some will not be applied very well, and I have ordered the glass screen protector to see if it conflicts with the keyboard.

The screenprotector I linked has a scratchresistant coating on it, so it will probably not scratch as fast.

It might break on the "snap closing force mechanism" of the keyboard rotary closing mechanism. That "shutting close unrestrained whip" when just wanting to fold it and  pack it or move it folded. It is supposed to keep it folded and provide "high-end feel", but isn't tempered glass friendly.

And if going for glass protection decreases keyboard packing and usage for lap-mode, then the protection is reducing usability in that sense. If the tablet is used responsibly, and never put in a bag combined with other objects in the same compartment, and being careful in general, then the tempered glass protection isn't needed.

It might even decrease touch responsiveness slightly. At least it is the case on a Elephone here. Being careful and using the keyboard to protect the tablet as well and having a dedicated compartment in a bag, will be much more rewarding experience than 3rd party protective products.

Until the next Hi13 lots of the Pro perhaps, with a gorilla Glass version and laminated screen, then that would be an ideal solution perhaps. Keeping the Hi13 a Laplet not only by design, but also by user-insights and adoption.

Everyone see Laplets vs Tabtops (a major difference in 2in1 devices) if you haven't. I can't emphasize this enough.

Edits: clarity, typo + quote completion.

Use magic Report

zldd| Post time 5-1-2017 09:44:03 | Show all posts
Thank you for making this thread. I was wondering whether a glass protector for the Surface Book would fit on Hi13 not knowing there was one specifically made for it. I will order one and try to use it with the keyboard dock, my hope is that the little rubber standoffs next to the keyboard would compress a little and allow for a snug fit.

On the subject of SD cards, my experience is that if you're planning to use one actively for a long period of time and rely on it, you should probably get one based on MLC memory. The higher the capacity, the higher the endurance. 3D TLC memory should do as well, but currently the only MicroSD card using 3D TLC that I know of is Samsung's 256GB Evo+ (not the lower capacities) which would not work with the Hi13. The problem is that it's next to impossible to find 128GB MLC cards at the moment. Samsung's Pro line used to be MLC, but the new models are not listed as MLC, and so there's a good chance they aren't. ADATA's upcoming Premier ONE UHS-II line is the first to use 3D MLC, which is even better, but is expected to be expensive as well. In theory, even a 128GB TLC card might be okay because of its high capacity, and therefore higher endurance; two examples would be Lexar's 633x and PNY's Pro Elite. If you don't need 128GB, you could get 64GB MLC cards from both Transcend - High Endurance, and Kingston - Industrial line.

All in all, be very careful when picking an SD card for use in a computer if you don't want to risk failure and losing all your data.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list