Non-Charging Vi10 pro while turned on and connected - Chuwi Vi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Vi10 Non-Charging Vi10 pro while turned on and connected

Follow Us

Non-Charging Vi10 pro while turned on and connected

[Copy link]

vanderhulst|Post time:5-1-2017 08:03:55 View:277|Reply:6

My situation from 11 tablets bought for a webpage that displaying 24/7
- 3 exploded chargers
- 8 discharging while connected to charger
- 4 keep freezing in windows with just webpage open

Even after they repaird still issues not fixed + illegal windows versions that are not activated.
The Girl at suppor tries to help me but 1 year later still problems and defective things

Anyone getting these issues fixed.

With charing I had original adapters ( 3 exploded very dangerous! ) also tried Samsung Galaxy S7 chargers and also tried EU manufactured chargers.
All 5 volts with 2000mah like the original ones.. .

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-30-2017 07:38:54 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-30-2017 17:36

I'm trying to gather the relevant info to this issue, in this thread.

To start, clues of this OP, replied elsewhere:

vanderhulst replied at 4-24-2017 16:31
Never buy something from Chuwi from 11 tablets
- 3 exploded chargers
- 4 keep freezing in windows with just webpage open

Even after they repaird still issues not fixed + illegal windows versions that are not activated
-- Post #4 - Post time 6 day(s) ago - of [Poll][1] What should be expected from Chuwi? Remember point zero?

One more in a minute.
Edit: A few more it turns out, from vanderhulst Replies:

Why there is no response or support from chuwi. I bought 11 Vi10 devices.. 8 are broke! not charging.. and other drain constantly.
It;s just been used for scanning barcode and print ticket.. and showing website connected to ethernet
-- Post #19 - Post time 1-3-2017 12:03:06 - from WARNING!!!! Chuwi's products are junk. Don't buy them.

Still no response.. very sad.. still no solution
-- Post #20 -  Post time 6 day(s) ago - from WARNING!!!! Chuwi's products are junk. Don't buy them.

vanderhulst replied at 4-25-2017 07:27

All solutions where checked.
Problem is it is turning on.. but discharges when on adapter/charger

I don't even care if battery is broken then is just needs to run on charger.
It is powered by charger 24/7..

Also Motherboard and other hardware are checked by repair station germany (I waited for 3 months and it cost me thousands for renting others)
-- Post #23 - Post time 5 day(s) ago - from WARNING!!!! Chuwi's products are junk. Don't buy them.

My response was:

I alerted Emily. I don't know what Chuwi might be able to do for you, or offer you.

Could you provide a clear summary for Chuwi here in a more recent new post, listing how many Chuwi devices you have, confirming clearly the problem with all of them so that the scale becomes evident, and being more specific about financial damages including resulting from the repair time.

And whether it was via Chuwi repair? Or a generic German shop not specialized in Chuwi.

If you can prove this situation with a video, and anonymized repair statement papers, it won't only legitimize your issue further, it would eliminate the healthy level of Scepticism occuring in any related Chuwi team member or any other human being for that matter.

The problem is what to trust, and what to think, by all sides.

Edits: typos + quote completion.
--Post #24 - Post time 5 day(s) ago - WARNING!!!! Chuwi's products are junk. Don't buy them.

Edits: clarity + rest of the posts.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-30-2017 09:09:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-30-2017 18:40

First of all, please refrain from posting details of this issue everywhere, to spare us all and yourself, this duplicate work to have all details pertaining to your exact situation in one place. You started this thread, so please keep it all in this thread.

Perhaps you can PM someone this thread, when there hasn't been any progress. Or perhaps it can be tolerated by Moderators if you post a new reply in this thread to give it a "Bump" in the recent replies list. Or perhaps even mention in related threads, with a topic name and hyperlink, to get attention to your thread and also let others know that there are related threads without having to search the forum.

Second, there is a lot mentioned in your posts, so there is quite some information to unpack and prioritise. Let's do that with the next replies.

Edit: typos.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-30-2017 09:39:33 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 4-30-2017 18:56

So let's focus on what is most important to you first, and give this the #1 "tag" when referring to your priorities in this thread:

from Chuwi from 11 tablets
I bought 11 Vi10 devices.. 8 are broke! not charging.. and other drain constantly.
It;s just been used for scanning barcode and print ticket.. and showing website connected to ethernet
Still no response.. very sad.. still no solution
With charing I had original adapters ( 3 exploded very dangerous! ) also tried Samsung Galaxy S7 chargers and also tried EU manufactured chargers.
All 5 volts with 2000mah like the original ones.. .

Let's focus on your experience, when the chargers worked fine for now.

1.1. When you say 8 discharge while connected to the AC/DC adapter, are these still the remaining original Chuwi adapters/chargers?

1.2. And does the Chuwi tablets show that it is connected to a power source?

1.3. Do you have any confirmation from others that the Samsung adapter or which other 3rd party adapters, any confirmation these should work with your Chuwi tablet model?

1.4. When you say 24/7, how can that be possible if the tablet won't stay on while connected to a compatible adapter with a power source? Isn't your problem that these won't stay on? So do you mean in the past these tablets would remain on 24/7?

Edits: typo, clarity + addition.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-30-2017 12:48:49 | Show all posts
So let's make this issue, #2 for your priorities.

4 keep freezing in windows with just webpage open

Have you tried updating the BIOS of those? Because that helped users having freeze issues with the Hi13. Maybe a relevant clue, maybe!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-1-2017 07:29:41 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-1-2017 16:49

Let's make this, issue #3 for your priorities:
My situation from 11 tablets bought for a webpage that displaying 24/7
With charing I had original adapters ( 3 exploded very dangerous! )

The question here is, why did the 8 batteries die, and 3 chargers explode?

I have worked with 2 high-end HP different model laptops, and both batteries won't last a few minutes without external power source, after being constantly on the external power source almost all the time for a 12-18 months, even when turned off, instead of normally used. Normally they should be discharged up to healthy points, and fully charged again. These laptops were the high-end 5-6 years ago, but the same thing probably holds true to most other devices from this point in time.

What followed is speculative, take it as a grain of salt.

I assume cheaper internal batteries is even worse, and those tablets' internal batteries are not designed to be continually "unused" and constsntly prevented from being overcharged, meaning the device being and becoming totally dependant on an external power source. The flipside is equally bad, not charging the tablets, and leaving them without a charge for months, has resulted in dead batteries, and becoming parasitic on the incoming power source, perhaps resulting in the tablet not turning on with the designed power source adapter.

I updated the "what to expect from Chuwi and their devices" thread, adding they're subject to "natural limitations" and are not designed for commercial nor as Enterprise solutions. So in this case, they are not designed for 24/7 powering of the tablets, without special workaround procedures to address those limitations. And also still should be expecting a reduced lifespan.

I assume the situation is due at least as far as the effect goes, it has also to do with the 24/7 use-case, even if without constant intensive chip-loads.

The chargers not being designed nor tested for prolonged 24/7 overheating, if the tablet is demanding on the power source, especially with parasitic batteries, thus the quality control adhering only to "normal charge time" designed and inspections. And not 24/7 stress tests, nor was that the design reference.

That combined with your commercial use-case without a workaround of power source interruptions after closing times, if possible, has possibly resulted in those exploded chargers as well. Because I assume they didn't explode too soon. And defective chargers and batteries isn't unheared of, and only "extreme" or "unusual" or "less frequent" situations result in the defect clearly becoming selfevident.

For such use-cases with devices not designed for them, power disconnect and normal battery discharge must be a part of the working procedure. Because of the "natural limitations" the device is subjected to, for those specs and budget. Bad luck might have a factor, but insights would offset that by a notice margin.

Hopefully you consider that the problem is not only Chuwi, it was also what you expected from budget tablets. Do you have experience with competitor tablets of the same budget class of competitors for such a commercial use-case with insufficient a work procedures to extend the lifetime of the device, and lower catastrophic malfunctioning risks?

To be honest I would not have thought about this pitfall, if you had not reported you situation. But this is now what naturally came to mind after.connecring the dots from my viewpoint.

Another factor is cheap PCB, limiting the effective usability lifespan. It's for entry-level consumers. You just made an assumption what they are supposed to withstand.

Sure, better design, better quality control, and higher budget, or a more specialized design for your use-case, such devices do exist. We just need to make sure the device we select, is wise to use for the intended use-case.

Again, just my viewpoint, and speculations based on what I know and have read here.

Edits: clarity, quote addition, typo + added the question.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-1-2017 08:03:55 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-1-2017 17:08

Let's make this, issue #4 for your priorities.
Even after they repaird still issues not fixed
Also Motherboard and other hardware are checked by repair station germany (I waited for 3 months and it cost me thousands for renting others)

Are you talking about Chuwi? They have a repair station in Germany? Is that what you mean by "they"? Or is it a generic repair shop not specialized in Chuwi? I asked this question before. And was it within warranty?

Chuwi is willing to look at the problem outside the warranty, but the inspection and repair both might have costs. And your use-case is not advertised for.

You took an affordable consumer product, and you misused it out of lack of insight with the nature of current technological limitations, certainly also due to affordability.

Chuwi has not advertised for 24/7 use-cases without "maintenance and power interruptions". Such maintenance normally occur naturally by normal usage. Or delibratly for other use-cases like to yours, but they need battery discharge and recharge maintenance and power adapter time-out. And not overworking either of them outside normal situations for too long.

You can do productivity business work on them. But the tablet should be seen just as the limitations of a human, in some sense. Some humans are (self-)trained better for certain tasks. This tablet should have been used attentatively. Your car is no different. It needs regular maintenance. A consumer tablet, needs to be understood as well, definitely when applied to use-cases outside design-specs and thus when used outside associated quality control standards. Or you needed an IT guy to take on the risk of the chosen solution. If you are that guy, then you made a mistake.

If you don't understand the machines you use, the machines you're responsible for, won't serve you well for long. But we learn from our experiences, and that of others too.

I hope you can give us feedback, whether we're on point, or whether we're deflecting and not admitting that Chuwi is bad.

Feel free to use all available polls to reflect your experience as well.

If you prove your situation specifically with proof, Chuwi might be able to respond. See After-sales as well, in my signature below.

Good luck.

Let us know something about all of the above, if you want to.
Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list