ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Chuwi Hi10 Pro not charging and wont turn on

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi10 Pro not charging and wont turn on

[Copy link]

ootyty|Post time:5-1-2017 04:50:40 View:3141|Reply:24

deejay1963| Post time 4-25-2017 21:45:06 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by deejay1963 at 4-25-2017 21:56

your tablet has gone into deep sleep / hibernation. it is a known problem with chuwi bios.your bios is not corrupt. so dont go that route for solution.
you can press the power button for a long time to do a forced shutdown or else open the back cover and disconnect the red wire from the battery to the mainboard, wait a few minutes and reconnect the wire. then restart the tablet.
if you cannot do this yourself then visit any mobile repair shop nearby and get it done. mostly they will do it for free or at a very nominal cost.
getting replacement from gearbest will be cost you money and time.
best will be if you apply for replacement with gearbest , they will offer you $30 for local repairs instead of replacement, take that $30 and do the repairs locally.
and remember , always shutdown the tablet if you are not gonna use it anytime soon. dont let it sleep or hibernate for a long time.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mimble| Post time 4-25-2017 22:27:33 | Show all posts
Now when I try to turn on nothing happen no flashing led or any symbol of life

Are you looking in the right direction (bios corruption) ?
If the device is off, but connected to power, the orange LED on the front should flash.
This depends on the charge circuitry and does not involve the BIOS.

If you don't see the orange light, it is more likely to be charger / cable problems. The USB-C port on the chuwi is a bit too far recessed and many people have had to file back the insulation by half a millimeter to get other usb-C cables to work. I do admit that nobody has complained about the cable that comes with the device.

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 4-25-2017 23:23:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
yeah just rememberbed , as mimble posted above, this could be the problem too. meaning your batteries are fully discharged and due to the usb c connector problem it is not charging the battery. hence the tablet is not starting.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 4-26-2017 02:12:49 | Show all posts
Edited by jtrosky at 4-26-2017 18:16
deejay1963 replied at 4-25-2017 21:45
your tablet has gone into deep sleep / hibernation. it is a known problem with chuwi bios.your bios  ...

Is this only a problem with certain Hi10 Pros or something?  I *never* turn off either one of my Hi10 Pros and never have a problem.  I even use the Hibernation mode in WIndows at times without issue (I have it setup to hibernate when I "close the lid").  

I've just never heard of this being an issue until now..

Just curious.  I seem to read about a lot of issues that supposedly affect *all* Hi10's, yet I don't have those issues on ether one of my PQ64 Hi10 Pro's.

Use magic Report

ootyty| Post time 4-27-2017 06:17:13 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi guys thanks for the recommendation.

Use magic Report

ootyty| Post time 4-27-2017 06:24:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
mimble replied at 4-25-2017 22:27
Are you looking in the right direction (bios corruption) ?
If the device is off, but connected to p ...

Hi thanks for the recommendation. The problem now is I can light up my external led with the USB C port and I have already tried to charge it throughout the night and I can feel the tablet being warm just that charging led does not blink. I had try to connect the keyboard to the tablet too and onboard led blink for a second and turn off. Supposedly if I connect the keyboard the onboard led should light up but not for my case. Pressing the power button does not give any effect. I tried to hold the power button down for close to a minute and with different combination but still nothing shows up not even the chuwi logo. As mention I manage to light up my external led through type C and manage to drain the battery dry and recharge the table through another cable which is my google pixel adapter. This charger does not have any problem therefore I assume charger problem is not my case.

Use magic Report

ootyty| Post time 4-27-2017 06:27:46 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-25-2017 21:31
No i'm not allowed to post the bios on the board, but i can send you the link in pm

Hi thanks for the reply.
Can you send the link to ootyty@msn.com I would like to keep a copy of the bios and if really there's no way to sort out with gearbest this will be my final chance. Thanks in advance.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-27-2017 07:08:27 | Show all posts
ootyty replied at 4-27-2017 16:27
Hi thanks for the reply.
Can you send the link to ootyty@msn.com I would like to keep a copy of th ...

Is you Hi10 Pro with Z8300 or Z8350 cpu ?
If Z8350 cpu i need to know if its a P or H model
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ederrr82| Post time 4-28-2017 07:17:10 | Show all posts
I bought mine on the gearbest site and it arrived about 3 days. I tried to fire but it did not work. I recharged the battery and it worked. I turned the tablet off and after that it no longer works, the led does not light up when connecting the adapter. The machine no longer works. I tried everything. My problem looks like yours. Did you get it?

Use magic Report

ootyty| Post time 5-1-2017 04:50:40 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 4-27-2017 07:08
Is you Hi10 Pro with Z8300 or Z8350 cpu ?
If Z8350 cpu i need to know if its a P or H model

Mate sorry for the late reply was quite busy for the pass few days.
My model is a Z8350 with a H serial number.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list