ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBox HiBox bricked (dead)?

Follow Us

HiBox bricked (dead)?

[Copy link]

krischan|Post time:4-30-2017 05:43:02 View:273|Reply:7

Hi,

HiBox seems to be bricked (dead), your assistance is requested urgently.

What I did:
  • Booted into Windows 10
  • Installed AV software
  • Installed German language pack
  • Rebooted
  • Box was immeasurably slow with installing Apps & Windows updates
  • So I decided to clean install (revert back under Windows)
  • Windows confirmed preparing inizitialzing for clean install
  • After that, screen went dark and never came back

I cannot get into BIOS with holding down "F7" or "ESC" while powering up to do a fresh installation http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3726&highlight=Instruction%2Bto%2BReinstall%2BWindows%2B10%2Bfor%2BHiBox

I am desperate. Resetting the box to default Windows shouldn't result in a bricked device.

Other symptoms before it went dead:
  • The box instanteneously booted into Windows, no choice between Android and Windows
  • Remote control didn't work from the start
  • In between a message "Windows not activated" appeared

Box seems to be a piece of garbage in that condition. Any hints, suggestions or help (e.g. how to access the BIOS) appreciated. Thanks.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-29-2017 05:22:47 | Show all posts
Lets take it from the top

What happens when booting and tapping F7 or ESC ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

krischan| Post time 4-29-2017 05:45:11 | Show all posts
Nothing, screen remains dark

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-29-2017 05:51:20 | Show all posts
krischan replied at 4-29-2017 15:45
Nothing, screen remains dark

Have you tried disconnecting the powersuply for 10 min and then try again ?

If you just boot it up, without trying to enter bios, does it then boot to windows ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

krischan| Post time 4-29-2017 06:12:25 | Show all posts
Edited by krischan at 4-29-2017 06:13
Have you tried disconnecting the powersuply for 10 min and then try again ?
Yes. Screen remains dark. Apart from the blue LED nothing happens.

If you just boot it up, without trying to enter bios, does it then boot to windows ?
No. Gave it 5 minutes to boot up. Nothing. Zilch.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-29-2017 07:20:22 | Show all posts
krischan replied at 4-29-2017 16:12
Yes. Screen remains dark. Apart from the blue LED nothing happens.

No. Gave it 5 minutes to boot up ...

Besides the earphone plug there is a little hole, that a reset button, when its turned on and only show the dark screen, does it help pushing the button with a toothpick or something else ?

Use magic Report

krischan| Post time 4-29-2017 07:43:33 | Show all posts
Thanks for the hint.

A first attempt caused a flickering screen and then again nothing, though I tried different configurations ("reset" button only, power button + "reset" simultaneously and releasing one after the other). Though it appears to be some kind of reset button (blue LED turns off), further attempts didn't even provoke a flickering screen ...

Use magic Report

krischan| Post time 4-30-2017 05:43:02 | Show all posts
Problem seems solved.

Attached the HiBox to a different monitor (Samsung TV instead of older Toshiba TV) and I got the "Choose Android or Windows" screen. Maybe the box was stuck at 1080p (which my Toshiba cannot cope with, max. is 1080i) so I got a dark screen on my Toshiba. Windows definitely was flawed/broken. I managed to acces the BIOS http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... %2B10%2Bfor%2BHiBox (press "F7" quickly after pressing the power button) and to (re-)install Windows 10 Creators Update from a USB stick.

As mentioned in a different thread, the generic Broadcom WiFi adapter doesn't work anymore under Windows 10 1703. Any way to get a proper driver from the manufacture's website? Which type/model is the Broadcom WiFi SDIO adapter? For now I have attached a LAN/WiFi dongle to the LAN port that works like a charm.

In the installation procedure of Windows 10 1703 I had to log on with my Microsoft account. Is there a way to circumvent Windows' pesky welcome / log on screen?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list