Edited by black_jacques at 5-1-2017 04:05 |
I have entered a support ticket. After one month of using my Lapbook it seems like my main board is about to fail / die. This is very disappointing and will make me hesitant to buy from Chuwi again, or recommend to anyone else to buy. I've read on this forum at least two other customers experiencing this. However, it is even worse for them. They cannot boot to Windows at all. Therefore it seems like my main board will probably end up dead like theirs.
Here's the issue:
- On starting Lapbook, Chuwi logo displays, then screen goes to black
- Does this 3-6 times before it finally boots to Windows
- Boot is very slow to Windows, up to 2 minutes
- After Lapbook has been in use for a few minutes, restarting always succeeds
- Normal Windows boot time used to be 20 seconds
- Seems like the Lapbook is very slow when doing a cold (room temperature) start
- However, after it warms up a bit, it behaves normally
- When Lapbook was new in first month, boot was 20s and I did not experience slowness and it never failed to load Bios
- Now, in addition to failing to boot when cold (room temperature), sometimes Lapbook will turn off by itself even after booting Windows
- Only when Lapbook has begun to be warm during use, after 30 minutes, will it not turn off by itself
- This is usually a sign of main board failure. It will not get better until main board finally is dead.