ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Chuwi Lapbook 14 stuck in boot loop, randomly powers ...

Follow Us

Chuwi Lapbook 14 stuck in boot loop, randomly powers off

[Copy link]

black_jacques|Post time:5-8-2017 20:49:02 View:723|Reply:36

Edited by black_jacques at 5-1-2017 04:05

I have entered a support ticket. After one month of using my Lapbook it seems like my main board is about to fail / die. This is very disappointing and will make me hesitant to buy from Chuwi again, or recommend to anyone else to buy. I've read on this forum at least two other customers experiencing this. However, it is even worse for them. They cannot boot to Windows at all. Therefore it seems like my main board will probably end up dead like theirs.

Here's the issue:
- On starting Lapbook, Chuwi logo displays, then screen goes to black
- Does this 3-6 times before it finally boots to Windows
- Boot is very slow to Windows, up to 2 minutes
- After Lapbook has been in use for a few minutes, restarting  always succeeds
- Normal Windows boot time used to be 20 seconds
- Seems like the Lapbook is very slow when doing a cold (room temperature) start
- However, after it warms up a bit, it behaves normally
- When Lapbook was new in first month, boot was 20s and I did not experience slowness and it never failed to load Bios
- Now, in addition to failing to boot when cold (room temperature), sometimes Lapbook will turn off by itself even after booting Windows
- Only when Lapbook has begun to be warm during use, after 30 minutes, will it not turn off by itself
- This is usually a sign of main board failure. It will not get better until main board finally is dead.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 4-30-2017 13:15:00 | Show all posts
If you don't mind, I'll reference your issues by the following priority to start, #1 for consistent booting to Windows. From the thread title, I first thought that your BIOS update was failing, but that is not what it means nor what the problem is, as you clarified.

Same issue on the Hi13 was fixed with a BIOS update. Could you try that for your Chuwi device please, using the associated subforum category? Let the forum know what you think, or what further clues you get. Thanks.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 4-30-2017 13:51:16 | Show all posts
What bios version are you having ?
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

black_jacques| Post time 5-1-2017 03:11:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bios version is A2W6_NA14.012 x64

Use magic Report

black_jacques| Post time 5-1-2017 03:13:30 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
EC version is 01.00.04. Is there a bios update? Thanks.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-1-2017 05:28:27 | Show all posts
black_jacques replied at 5-1-2017 13:13
EC version is 01.00.04. Is there a bios update? Thanks.

pm sent
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

black_jacques| Post time 5-2-2017 03:44:10 | Show all posts
Bios update fixed the problem. Thanks, Hackerjac!

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-2-2017 05:12:37 | Show all posts
black_jacques replied at 5-2-2017 13:44
Bios update fixed the problem. Thanks, Hackerjac!

Glad it worked for you

Use magic Report

badboyofrock| Post time 5-8-2017 15:44:15 | Show all posts

Hi,

I have a lapbook 14.1, and after I have installed an SSD and done a clean install of windows, it now struggles to boot. I get a loop of the Chuwi logo as if it cant find a bootable device. The SSD is in the list of devices in the boot order, and if I press F7, it will if I select the SSD. I noticed you sent user black_jacques a BIOS update, is it possible I would be able to try it as well, as I have the same version that he had.

Thanks

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-8-2017 20:49:02 | Show all posts
badboyofrock replied at 5-9-2017 00:44
Hi,

I have a lapbook 14.1, and after I have installed an SSD and done a clean install of windows, ...

pm with link to bios sent

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list