ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General CHUWI Hi13 Says Hello To Microsoft Surface Laptop

Follow Us

CHUWI Hi13 Says Hello To Microsoft Surface Laptop

[Copy link]

emily|Post time:5-3-2017 14:30:15 View:749|Reply:8

Edited by emily at 5-3-2017 02:02

1.png

Microsoft announced the Surface Laptop yesterday, it's a 13.5 inch display and it won't be ready until 15th June priced at $999.

It came to our attention that with the same inch screen, same color gamut and same aspect ratio, CHUWI Hi13 was already on sale since April and with only a third price $349 on chuwi official store at https://chuwi.aliexpress.com/store/2179113

Besides that, Chuwi Hi13 has 3K resolution which offers 267 pixels per inch while microsoft surface laptop can only make it at 201 pixels per inch. They both feature the same 4GB RAM and runs on Windows 10 OS.

All in all, CHUWI stands for high tech, also for affordable price, which can be told from its previous product lineups. If you have tried out some of their models, you would know better; if you haven't yet, you should probably check it out.
2.png
Comparison between these 2 models can be found as below:

5.png

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 5-3-2017 03:17:38 | Show all posts
Thanks Emily,  Hi13 is a great windows 10 tablet so far. Less weight detachabe backlit keyboard is highly desired.

Microsoft Surface Laptop announced with 13,5 inch display and Windows 10S to all those who prefer something easy to use, and highly portable – yet powerful.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop is the first Microsoft device to run Windows 10 S, a special version of Windows 10, aimed to take on Google’s Chrome OS. This version runs Windows apps that can be downloaded from the Windows Store and not other desktop applications, so it is aimed primarily at students who plan to go to college etc, but fairly more expensive as compared with Chinese tablets/laptops from Lenovo, Asus, Acer Chuwi et.al.
The Core i5 variant of the device packs 4GB/8GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB SSD and Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU, while the Core i7 version comes with 8GB/16GB of RAM, 256GB/512GB SSD, and an Intel Iris™ Plus Graphics 640 GPU.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-3-2017 07:14:01 | Show all posts
We get what we pay for.
FWIW.
Clear differences is appreciated indeed.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-3-2017 07:18:18 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-3-2017 16:20

Btw, not quite fair to compare detached-mode weight vs always laptop weight.

Hi13 wins on price for 13.5inch 267 PPI 2in1 laplet with usable "better than dumb active styluses", and not just a tabtop, nor stuck as only a laptop.

For other reasons, pay much more, and you win with other solutions from Microsoft. Firmware updates still released for the Surface Pro 1 January 2013 edition, even if refurbished.

Edits: clarity + autocomplete fail recovery.
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 5-3-2017 07:37:43 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 5-3-2017 07:14
We get what we pay for.
FWIW.
Clear differences is appreciated indeed.

Completely agree with your saying, not really fair to compare two different devices.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-3-2017 07:45:19 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-3-2017 16:54
steward00 replied at 5-3-2017 16:37
Completely agree with your saying, not really fair to compare two different devices.

Not exactly. Two different device-modes.

It's better to say:

Weight:
Row 1: 1.1kg vs n/a (no tablet-mode, edit: link to tablet-mode use-cases)
Row 2: 2kg (edit:link to laplet use-cases) vs 1.25kg

Edit: the price difference is already mentioned. But the exact possibilities and limitations of the different form factors, isn't clearly compared. Such comparison tables needs more refinement with such details. Clearly stating the difference between a laplet, tabtop, "yoga 180/360" and laptop. They can be compared. Also in a data-table. I just can't easily create a data-table with the wysiwyg post editor here. On my mobile.

Edit2: IMHO, we can compare apples to oranges, we just need to be clear what aspects we're comparing and what the point is.

Edits: clarity.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-3-2017 08:07:54 | Show all posts
Edited by ZenBalancer at 5-3-2017 17:21

To be fair to Emily, instead of only showing constructive criticism.
I notice the article is improved immensely (compared to the overal situation in the past), linking to product details with improved spec presentations, also to show Chuwi's choice to recommend buying directly from Chuwi for the best experience. Andy is fair.

And the tracking works well, it just needs FAQ for local websites for tracking the international code translated to the national code. I had to find that out myself, stressed me out. But I received it with free shipping within 3 weeks, my Hi13 keyboard and 2x H3. I wished I bought the Hi13 there too. The discount by GB and even BG, to me wasn't worth it. I don't mind paying taxes, also for maximum peace of mind. And excellent shopping experience with Chuwi.

I hope After-sales manages expectations better though. Public ticketing and issue tracking seems a welcome improvement. A checkbox to make an issue public, by the OP, and to see progress assigned automatically to whom at Chuwi. Of course if it's all just one person, then we see what that person's job priorities are in real-time, no assumptions and negative speculations necessary. Just understanding and dealing with the situation. Budget is budget. That's the result. Understand or move to a better competitor. Welcome to clarify why, and what the competitor really does better. There are many threads and polls for that. Including starting new ones.

Edits: typo.

Use magic Report

Hackerjac| Post time 5-3-2017 10:02:36 | Show all posts
And since when have the Hi13 2*USB Type A (2.0 and 3.0) ?

As far i know its the keyboard dock that have 2 USB Typa A and they both are only 2.0
I do NOT work for Chuwi. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-3-2017 14:30:15 | Show all posts
Hackerjac replied at 5-3-2017 19:02
And since when have the Hi13 2*USB Type A (2.0 and 3.0) ?

As far i know its the keyboard dock that  ...

Probably a wrong assumption by the source of the article. I never know who exactly writes what Emily posts, when no reference nor college​ name is mentioned.

Edit: typo.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list