ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 Automatic tablet ("continuum") mode when disconnecti ...

Follow Us

Automatic tablet ("continuum") mode when disconnecting keyboard

[Copy link]

sagacity|Post time:7-3-2017 02:47:18 View:469|Reply:11

Edited by sagacity at 5-4-2017 11:40

When disconnecting the keyboard I would expect tablet mode is turned on automatically. However, this does not work. I can manually enable/disable tablet mode, but there is no option to configure this automatically.

I know that there SHOULD be an option for this in the "Tablet" section of Control Panel. There should be a menu option "Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet", but it is not present
This is a shame because now I need to manually switch modes every time and I would like it to be seamless.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-4-2017 11:27:00 | Show all posts
I use the start menu titles, instead of tablet version based on Windows 8x. The tiles are touch friendly, and no need to switch. You can expand the start menu tiles width.
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

sagacity| Post time 5-4-2017 11:34:52 | Show all posts
Thanks, I know it's possible I can work with the laptop without switching modes. I still would like to be able to use this functionality, though.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-4-2017 12:11:27 | Show all posts
sagacity replied at 5-4-2017 20:34
Thanks, I know it's possible I can work with the laptop without switching modes. I still would like  ...

Hi13 is a laplet, not a laptop. You prefer the automatic switching between the modes, instead of the docked mode.

Do the tiles set in one mode, be the same in the other mode? Or do you have to set the tiles separately for each mode? I've not tried at the time.

Use magic Report

sagacity| Post time 5-4-2017 12:13:48 | Show all posts
Sorry, but these questions are not helping me solve the problem.

I just would like to know why the option "Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet" is not present in the tablet settings in the control panel.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 5-4-2017 13:30:57 | Show all posts
sagacity replied at 5-4-2017 21:13
Sorry, but these questions are not helping me solve the problem.

I just would like to know why the  ...

Valid point. You deserve your question answered. Let us know if you found the answer before someone else did. Thanks.

Use magic Report

masshuu| Post time 6-16-2017 19:55:39 | Show all posts
i remember that the automatic change on my lenovo was a lenovo piece of software, not windows. so maybe windows was never designed to do this.

Use magic Report

YourMusic.Pro| Post time 7-3-2017 00:09:43 | Show all posts
I can support this. My keyboard also doesn't support the automatic recognition as a detachable keyboard, triggering the tablet mode switch.
I'm pretty sure this is a software thing, likely a driver issue for the keyboard. Maybe the Chuwi team can look into this...? If they could fix the touchpad issue at the same time, which is recognized as a mouse, this machine would be perfect!!!
It already is pretty cool, of course... ;-)

Cheers,
Benji

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-3-2017 02:29:54 | Show all posts
To automatically switch from lapbok mode to tablet mode just indicate it in the Windows configuration.
To do this go to start-> settings-> System-> tablet mode.
In the drop-down menu: When I login, deploy and select "use the appropriate mode for my hardware.
In the drop-down menu: When the device automatically turns on or off tablet mode, scroll and select: Do not ask me and always change.
So when you remove the tablet from the keyboard will activate the tablet mode automatically.
If you want to be in tablet mode, without keyboard connected, automatically exit the keyboard to write in some section, you should go to start-> devices-> write-> and there activate the last option that says "Show keyboard Touch keyboard when you are not in tablet mode and there is no keyboard connected.Thereafter, the keyboard will come out automatically when you have to type something if you do not have a keyboard connected.

Regarding the use of the touchpad, if you tell me the model of tablet you could provide a script to uninstall the gestures windows and use it as a normal mouse.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 7-3-2017 02:47:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Well, my anwser also won't solve your issue, but take a look at most tablets config panel and then look at chuwi... There are a lot of settings, that normally should be there, missing. Don't know how...I thibk to prevent users from bricking their tablet or breaking something...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list