ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 Install linux on lapbook 15.6

Follow Us

Install linux on lapbook 15.6

[Copy link]

emy101|Post time:8-16-2017 01:04:47 View:891|Reply:2

I just purchase a lapbook 15.6  primarily to enable me to have a dedicated Linux laptop. I successfully booted LUBUNTU via live USB but nothing works and the bios setup does not have the option of changing os from windows to Linux. please advise on the best method to achieve this installation.

Use magic Report

bbaker6212| Post time 5-26-2017 06:29:50 | Show all posts
See the comments on this page... http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.co ... ed-ubuntu-1704.html

hurior22 February 2017 at 19:04
Downloading both, I'll try them on my Chuwi Lapbook 15.6, I hope have sound in this case
Thanks for your work!!

Replies

hurior23 February 2017 at 05:46
All working perfect except the audio.
But know it sees 2 cards:
alsamixer gives me only 1 audio card to choose from (INTEL HDMI/DP LPE Audio) but no chip indication.

Unity sound panel gives me 2 audio card :
HDMI/DisplayPort "Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio" and Analog output "Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio" but anyone sounds on the test.

Any idea for my sound?
Thanks!!

Linuxium23 February 2017 at 14:11
I think the Chuwi Lapbook 15.6 reqires the ES8316 driver which is currently under development so your audio issue will be fixable soon.

hurior23 February 2017 at 18:43
Ok, perfect!!
Thanks for your work, because of you I have a full functional GNU/Linux laptop instead a boring win laptop
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ram| Post time 8-16-2017 01:04:47 | Show all posts
Which version of lubuntu did you install on your chuwi lapbook 15.6? I am trying to install some or the other linux on this but failed till now. I am trying to make linux bootable pendrive using rufus and unetbootin but the bios is not booting from pendrive that contains linux
so far i tried ubuntu, lubuntu, puppy, fatdog, manjaro

please help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list