Minimum drive size for Windows - Chuwi Hi12 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Minimum drive size for Windows

Follow Us

Minimum drive size for Windows

[Copy link]

Myleschalmers|Post time:10-28-2017 17:14:03 View:1060|Reply:11

Hi All,

Want to reflash Android and increase hard disk for Android but keep Windows. On my other Chinese tablet, Android has 16gb which is much better than 10 when you can't move apps to SD without root.

Anyone tried Android with a bigger than 10 ratio and is there any issues with Windows on a smaller drive? I imagine Chuwi decided the ratios following testing?

Thanks, Myles

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5-31-2017 00:49:50 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 10-26-2017 06:38

Hello Myleschalmers,
You can do GPT repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android with a modified gpt.bin file. Click
Do not worry about that the link I added is for a different brand and model. This is what you need. You should download the ZIP file. Choose desired gptxxx.bin and rename it to gpt.bin. Then replace original gpt.bin in your rom folder and reflash Android with Intel Phone Flash Tool. You should choose flash.json.
After that you should reflash Windows.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 5-31-2017 03:36:39 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 5-31-2017 00:49
Hello Myleschalmers,
You can do GPT repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android with a modi ...

Thanks very much. I will try the reflash with the change tonight.

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 6-1-2017 12:52:21 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 5-31-2017 00:49
Hello Myleschalmers,
You can do GPT repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android with a modi ...

Hi Motobot,

Flashed android with the GPT, worked perfectly. I went for the 20. Perfect.

Reflashing Windows was a bit tricky but it is done. USB 3.0 on my Chuwi didnt recognise the flash card. So I switched it to the other USB port. Now I had the option to select it on F7. After flashing (I watched the script from start to end) - windows still wasn't on my machine. So I had to reflash again - this time - it was perfect and I now have both Windows and Android back, with Android on 20GB.

Windows is working perfectly, touch, wifi, bluetooth, display etc.

Thanks a lot for your work - I now have exactly what I wanted on the device at the right hard drive ratios. Much appreciated!

Use magic Report

bins| Post time 10-27-2017 08:42:57 | Show all posts
Hi Guys,

bit of a noob question here - I want to push the android storage to 20gb, however, I cannot get access to the root folder - access denied.

How do you get around this?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-27-2017 11:17:03 | Show all posts
bins replied at 10-27-2017 19:42
Hi Guys,

bit of a noob question here - I want to push the android storage to 20gb, however, I canno ...

Hello bins,
It does not need root at all. Just read all the above carefully from the top to the down and not on the diagonal and everything will be clear

Use magic Report

bins| Post time 10-27-2017 12:47:28 | Show all posts
Apologies, misread rom for root!

Anyway, still not 100% clear.  Do I download the 'Chuwi Hi12 Dualboot Android' rar and edit that?  

Also, my serial number is well above an shown, so which set of images do I use?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-27-2017 13:03:11 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 10-28-2017 00:34
bins replied at 10-27-2017 23:47
Apologies, misread rom for root!

Anyway, still not 100% clear.  Do I download the 'Chuwi Hi12 Dualb ...

What is not clear to you in my post, which is pure and clear, like a child's tear? Just read and do as I recommend. If it does not work out, then it means that you read diagonally.
Also, my serial number is well above an shown, so which set of images do I use?
I can't see your serial number above.

Use magic Report

bins| Post time 10-28-2017 12:28:30 | Show all posts
My SN is 45170700094.

Your description may be clear to those with good technical knowledge, but, even though I am not technical I can normally do these sort of things.  I did not know what the rom folder is, assuming it was on my tablet!  I guess you mean the android zip file.  When I add the gpt.bin file to the zip, it errors when I use the flash tool.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 10-28-2017 17:14:03 | Show all posts
bins replied at 10-28-2017 23:28
My SN is 45170700094.

Your description may be clear to those with good technical knowledge, but, ev ...

Well, if things are so bad, then before flashing your tablet you should start with learning the basics of computer literacy. So this is the first lesson for you and I hope the last.
Follow all the steps on an external PC.
1. Download the ZIP file with the modified gpt.bin file from there.
2. Download the ZIP file with the Android ROM for your tablet  from there.
3. Unblock these two downloaded ZIP files. Right click on a file => choose Properties => check Unblock box => click OK.
4. Extract (or UnZIP) these two downloaded ZIP files. Right click on a file => choose Extract All => select a destination => click Extract.
So, you got the extracted files and now you know exactly where they are, because you chose their destination in the previous step. You can do all the other steps to replace the original gpt.bin file with the desired one.
Replacing the gpt.bin file you have prepared your Android ROM for flashing.
So, flash Android with flash.json first as described in the tutorial, and then do Windows as described there.
Good Luck!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list