ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Minimum drive size for Windows

Follow Us

Minimum drive size for Windows

[Copy link]

Myleschalmers|Post time:6-1-2017 12:52:21 View:137|Reply:3

Hi All,

Want to reflash Android and increase hard disk for Android but keep Windows. On my other Chinese tablet, Android has 16gb which is much better than 10 when you can't move apps to SD without root.

Anyone tried Android with a bigger than 10 ratio and is there any issues with Windows on a smaller drive? I imagine Chuwi decided the ratios following testing?

Thanks, Myles

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 5-31-2017 00:49:50 | Show all posts
Hello Myleschalmers,
You can do GPT repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android with a modified gpt.bin file. Click
Do not worry about that the link I added is for a different brand and model. This is what you need. You should download the ZIP file. Choose desired gptxxx.bin and rename it to gpt.bin. Then replace original gpt.bin in your rom folder and reflash Android with Intel Phone Flash Tool. You should choose flash.json.
After that you should reflash Windows.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 5-31-2017 03:36:39 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 5-31-2017 00:49
Hello Myleschalmers,
You can do GPT repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android with a modi ...

Thanks very much. I will try the reflash with the change tonight.

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 6-1-2017 12:52:21 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 5-31-2017 00:49
Hello Myleschalmers,
You can do GPT repartition of your eMMC drive by reflashing Android with a modi ...

Hi Motobot,

Flashed android with the GPT, worked perfectly. I went for the 20. Perfect.

Reflashing Windows was a bit tricky but it is done. USB 3.0 on my Chuwi didnt recognise the flash card. So I switched it to the other USB port. Now I had the option to select it on F7. After flashing (I watched the script from start to end) - windows still wasn't on my machine. So I had to reflash again - this time - it was perfect and I now have both Windows and Android back, with Android on 20GB.

Windows is working perfectly, touch, wifi, bluetooth, display etc.

Thanks a lot for your work - I now have exactly what I wanted on the device at the right hard drive ratios. Much appreciated!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list