ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Download Official Firmware [Official Version] Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 Windows , Bios ...

Follow Us

[Lapbook] [Official Version] Chuwi Lapbook 12.3 Windows , Bios, driver Download

[Copy link]

admin|Post time:7-13-2017 06:32:51 View:1461|Reply:35

Motobot| Post time 7-9-2017 08:25:40 | Show all posts
johng4 replied at 7-9-2017 18:25
this tutorial is for tablets. Can please someone that has successfully updated the bios in chuwi l ...

Come on it's the same
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ericc| Post time 7-9-2017 21:48:19 | Show all posts
johng4 replied at 7-9-2017 07:25
this tutorial is for tablets. Can please someone that has successfully updated the bios in chuwi l ...

I personally quick-formatted a small 4GB USB flash drive (with FAT32), unzipped the BIOS zip (so that the folder with startup.nsh ends up at drive root, the zip contains those in a sub-directory), then reboot. It should start flashing immediately after reboot, so cross fingers ;)

Use magic Report

johng4| Post time 7-10-2017 09:13:41 | Show all posts
Edited by johng4 at 7-10-2017 09:14

Screen brightness scaling was fixed after the bios update thanks to the tutorial shared above.
Now, i want to install a fresh widows 10 in my m2 ssd. I was going to use to microsoft tool, but some people said that after that the sound and the jack audio are not working. Since there are no drivers uploaded in the forum can you please advice how to proceed?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-10-2017 15:23:45 | Show all posts
Hello johng4,
You can save all of current drivers.
1. Create a folder named Drivers in the root directory of drive C
2. Run PowerShell with Administrator rights (as Admin) and perform the following command
  1. Export-WindowsDriver –Online -Destination C:\Drivers
Copy the Code

3. Move the Drivers folder to an external media for future use.

Use magic Report

damo365| Post time 7-11-2017 10:25:49 | Show all posts
Dear Mr Chuwi, i have both Windows and Ubuntu installed and the Bios instructions of Formatting USB to FAT 32, renaming to WINPE and then extracting to the root directory does not allow me to update the BIOS. Each time i try and request to boot from the USB i get the below error. Can you please advise how i can update the BIOS.

startup.nsh> fs0:\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi???
'fs0:\EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi???' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file

It appears to be ignoring the USB - can you advise how i can fix this, i could probably mount the USB in the shell, but defer to you for your advise. Thx

Use magic Report

damo365| Post time 7-13-2017 06:32:51 | Show all posts
Ok, well from the output in the last message it was clear dispite pressing F7 and requesting it to boot from the USB it was trying to boot from the Ubuntu partition. So dispite tring several different USB sticks and also patition tables nothing seemed to change this. So formating once again as FAT32 and again recieving the previous error, i decided to mount the USB in the Shell manually and run the startup.nsh directly. Please comment if you do not advise this Mr Chuwi but for anyone else facing this problem, Once you are in the EFI Shell you need to mount the USB in my case this was blk3 - but could be different for you (this was with the USB in the 2.0 slot). The commands below will mount and install the updated bios;
1. mount blk3 usb
2. usb:
3. dir (this is to check you really are in the correct drive - you should recognise the contents as those from the Bios file download)
4. startup.nsh
5. Then just wait for it to flash and reboot and all should be fine

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list