ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus Hi10 pro WIFI Not Working

Follow Us

Hi10 pro WIFI Not Working

[Copy link]

Strider78|Post time:6-15-2017 11:15:12 View:627|Reply:5

I bought a hi10 pro 2 weeks ago.  
Managed to set it up and connect to my WIFI on both android and windows.  Everything was working just fine...

...for about 24 hours.

Then the WIFI dropped out and would not reconnect. Granted I'm no tech genius but did all of the basics (rebooted tablet and wifi a few times, reinputted wifi passwords, checked the firmware in device manager which told me everything was working fine)

Strange as my wifi didn't seem to be the issue as throughout this time our other devices were connecting to the internet just fine.

So after reading a few posts I decided to change the rollback the driver in the Realtek.  The pre installed one was Oct 16 (apparently the latest).  I managed to download and install one from April 16 and bingo, in no time at all I was connected (on both android and windows) to Wifi.  Happy Days or so I thought....

Then 24 hours later groundhog day.  Internet dropped on both OS but this time would not reconnect on either version of drivers.

So I'm left with a tablet which cannot connect to the internet.  Feels a bit like buying a car and discoving it has no gas tank!!!

Gueniunely I really like the tablet, but it is of absolutely no use to me if I cant connect to the internet.  I even considered purchasing an external USB Wifi adaptor.  (okay crazy I know to have to use an external WIFI device), but had to rule this out as I cant findone that is supported on both android and windows.

Ideally I really appreciate some advice on how to get my device to function without the need to buy 3rd party wifi adaptors (hopefully to want the thing you bought to perform part of its basic functionality is not too much to wish for).  Failing that any guidance on 3rd party usb adaptors that work on both OS would be handy...

...Or if none of the above, perhaps some suggestions on how I can get some value from my $200 purchase (e.g a prop for a wobbly table leg)

Thanks All

Use magic Report

byzeta| Post time 6-6-2017 16:21:36 | Show all posts
Try install Chuwi Hi10 Pro All drivers:
http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php ... ypeid%26typeid%3D25
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-6-2017 18:32:07 | Show all posts
Will you try factory reset in Android and Windows? I can guide you thru both. Maybe as a second option to @byzeta's advice.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 6-6-2017 23:52:10 | Show all posts
hello,  If you can’t connect  WIFI, you can try following ways :
   1, first check whether network wireless devices operate normally;  whether connection distance is within the valid range,  whether the tablet is connected to the WIFI , whether the method  of using tablet is correct.

Whether the network is matched with wifi band (2.4GHz in the communications field called ISM (Industry Science Medicine) the world's public use of the wireless frequency band, is free of charge can be used without the application. So to WLAN brought about by the The disadvantage is interference, because the WLAN work in the 2.4GHz band, some other wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, wireless mouse, etc.) work in the band will interfere with the WLAN wireless signal, resulting in the actual use of WLAN performance deterioration. Group developed a standard in the 5GHz band, 5GHz band is not so much daily interference, the band is very clean, under the same conditions, business performance is better than 2.4GH) you can look at these
   3, check whether put the metal plate on the top of the metal, because the metal shielding the signal.
   4, whether install the software (for example: anti-virus software), if installed, then there may be software conflicts, uninstall  the software can resolve this problem.
   5, if the above are not, you can try to solve by brush machine. Note: Brush to use the correct method and the brush machine to match the firmware.
   6, Brush still can not solve, that is the hardware problem, please turn maintenance.

Use magic Report

Strider78| Post time 6-7-2017 01:31:25 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 6-6-2017 18:32
Will you try factory reset in Android and Windows? I can guide you thru both. Maybe as a second opti ...

Hey Doodzilla

I think I'd like to try a factory reset in android and windows, please send through the instructions

Thanks

Mark

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-15-2017 11:15:12 | Show all posts
Strider78 replied at 6-7-2017 17:31
Hey Doodzilla

I think I'd like to try a factory reset in android and windows, please send throug ...

Updating you on this this week. (y)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list