I had my chuwi hi12 since decmeber 2016, had quite a great time with it, but battery life was never great, I only have about 4 hours of battery life rather than 10 hours of battery life in some forums peopla claimed.. I did some tweak on the tablet like changing the ram frequency or enabling gfx boost etc, it may improves a little of performance but it cost with some instability like sometimes it didn't want to turn on or sudden shut down etc, so i decided to turn it back to defaults.|
After 4 months of use, my battery seems like worn off, it pretty much depends on charging adapter, it will not survive even 10 minutes in battery mode. then it becomes worse, I noticed a gap on the tablet, which proved to be a swollen battery. i decided to open it and remove the battery.
I thought it was the end of my tablet life. But after wandering around in some Chuwi forums out there, some people seems like having the same problem as mine, and gave a contact link for a replacement battery.
Then I bought the 12.000 mah battery with suitable size to fit in from aliexpress and replace it by myself. it is not that complex so i did my own soldering and replace thebattery with the new one.
and wallah! it alives again. But what surprises me was the battery life is more or less the same with the original battery, about 4 hours only. This new battey is like giving the tablet a new life. I used it for another 4 months now.
Now is like the symptoms recall. the tablet may shutdown suddenly in heavy use, but could survive a mild use until 10% bar. this situation is quite similar with 4 months ago where things not yet get worse on totally depends on the charging battery.
Since it is related to heavy use, i decided to download realtemp apps to monitor my cpu temp. But it seems stable on 60-75 degrees and still very far away from critical temp. beisides, the problem only happens in battery mode, not in charging mode. i think it is not a temperature problem.
could anyone give me any advice? is this really a battery problem? or power line problem? or voltage problem? or cpu problem? or probably a bios problem? have any advice?