Warmth / SD card advice? - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Warmth / SD card advice?

Follow Us

Warmth / SD card advice?

[Copy link]

charleskoz|Post time:6-12-2017 07:08:02 View:381|Reply:9

Just got the Hi10 Plus and so far find it very nice. Two issues I've noticed so far:

1. The device gets very warm when charging, especially if charging while it is in use. Is this normal?

2. I am utterly confused about SD cards. I've read countless threads here and still have no idea what will work or how I should set it up. I want to get a little more space in Android but mostly Windows. I'd prefer a single card/partition that worked for both.

I believe I need plain FAT32 for this but am not sure and also am not sure what the largest size is I can have for this.

Thanks.

Use magic Report

charleskoz| Post time 6-9-2017 12:35:13 | Show all posts
Sorry I think this may be in the wrong place. I was sure I was in the Hi10 Plus forum. Could a moderator possibly move it for me? Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 6-10-2017 02:28:09 | Show all posts
Personally, every SD card that I've tried works perfectly in both Windows and Andoid on both of my Hi10 Pros as well as my Hi10 Plus.  I have cards from Samsung, Sandisk and even no-name SD cards from China.  I would stick with a brand name and youll probably be fine...  

That being said, some other folks have had issues with SD cards - and I can't explain why some people have issues and some don't....

I use FAT32 format, which works with both Android and Windows.  If you are using a card over 32GB, you'll need a special app to format them to FAT32 though (free apps are avalabe to do this).

Use magic Report

charleskoz| Post time 6-10-2017 04:10:17 | Show all posts
Thanks.

I did try a card from my phone. It was exFAT so not seen in Android but was seen in Windows.

Is the SD card data shared between Android and Windows? Or do I need to split it?

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-10-2017 07:42:14 | Show all posts
charleskoz replied at 6-10-2017 20:10
Thanks.

I did try a card from my phone. It was exFAT so not seen in Android but was seen in Window ...

It's shared.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-10-2017 07:42:18 | Show all posts
charleskoz replied at 6-10-2017 20:10
Thanks.

I did try a card from my phone. It was exFAT so not seen in Android but was seen in Window ...

It's shared.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 6-10-2017 13:43:16 | Show all posts
charleskoz replied at 6-10-2017 04:10
Thanks.

It's shared, but I don't think that Android recognized exFat natively (I could be wrong about that though).  I know for sure that data on FAT32 formatted SD cards will be usable in both Windows and Android though (but there i a 4GB file size limit with FAT32)...

Use magic Report

byzeta| Post time 6-10-2017 15:00:05 | Show all posts
Try with  FAT32 if you don´t need more 4GB file size.

Use magic Report

charleskoz| Post time 6-12-2017 05:10:04 | Show all posts
Thanks for the replies. I have a 128 GB on the way and am going to attempt to format it FAT32 and see how it works.

I have a USB flash key that's 128 GB and I discovered was preformatted by the manufacturer as FAT32 and it works fine both Android and Windows, so hopefully this will work too.

Use magic Report

jtrosky| Post time 6-12-2017 07:08:02 | Show all posts
Edited by jtrosky at 6-12-2017 10:40

If the 128GB card doesn't come formatted as FAT32, you'll need a special utility app to format it to FAT32 (Windows doesn't give you the option to format FAT32 on anything over 32GB I think).

Search for an app called "guiformat.exe" to format cards over 32GB to FAT32...

Also - be aware - MANY (maybe even most?) of the SD cards that you buy n Ebay, AliExpres, etc are FAKES!  They may look legit, but I was reading an article where a guy bought (20) 64GB MicroSD cards off of EBay and 17 of them were fakes.  THe fakes will seem to work OK at first, but you' eventually lose your data as you write more and more data to them  (they're usually only 4gb or 8gb cards made to report themselves as being larger).

If the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  If possible, buy yours cards from a well-known reputable seller (Walmart, Best Buy, etc).  Yes, you'll pay more, but at least you know that they are legit and you won't unexpectedly loose your valuable data all of the sudden!  

I had no idea just how common the fakes were...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list