Chuwi Tablets as Desktop Replacement question - General - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion General Chuwi Tablets as Desktop Replacement question

Follow Us

Chuwi Tablets as Desktop Replacement question

[Copy link]

doodzilla|Post time:7-31-2017 08:15:03 View:387|Reply:12

Hello everyone. I have a specific question. Is it okay for any Chuwi tablet to be always plugged to the charger all the time, even when the battery is full? I sometimes use my Hi10 Plus as a desktop replacement. When I do this, the laplet (Hi10Plus) complete with the keyboard is always plugged to the charger. Being always plugged to the charger is normal for laptops: the general thinking is that there's no long term damage plugging a laptop all the time. I'd like to know if the same applies for Chuwi tablets. Btw, the Hi10 Plus charges thru USB Type-C. Good day!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 6-18-2017 22:12:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hello, my answer is rather from experience and common sense with this type of devices than from technical knowledge. I think that this type of devices, like the cell phones, are designed for use with the battery and not having them connected to the current. In the first place because during the charging process the batteries are usually heated and this, together with the heating of the processor when in use, could affect the performance and life of the batteries. In addition the loading process becomes very slow.
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 7-26-2017 06:11:11 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 6-19-2017 14:12
Hello, my answer is rather from experience and common sense with this type of devices than from tech ...

Yeah, I figure. So I'll keep removing and reattaching every 2 hours for now.

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 7-26-2017 12:51:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 7-26-2017 15:11

Long time no contact, sorry, I had health issues, and had my Hi13 already so was getting busy with it.

2 hour battery life?
My HP dv7 laptop battery and another HP laptop Elite edition both 5 and 6 years old respectively, battery loses charge quickly because of constsntly being on main power for at least a year and longer.

There was this guy's thread with 10 chuw's constantly on main, 3 adapters exploded. I elaborated at length in that thread. I think it was a v10 or v8.

Do you know btw what happened to Hackerjac?
Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Link: overview of replies to your username. They have to click for theirs.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 7-26-2017 12:58:18 | Show all posts
doodzilla replied at 7-26-2017 15:11

See if this is somewhat relevant: Non-Charging Vi10 pro while turned on and connected
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? (2017Q2 sample) + After-sales?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 7-27-2017 12:05:58 | Show all posts
ZenBalancer replied at 7-26-2017 21:51
Long time no contact, sorry, I had health issues, and had my Hi13 already so was getting busy with ...

Hackerjac is fine lol, why? Although he was thinking of quitting being mod

I think in modern ages leaving the device plugged in won't do as much harm as it used to do back in the days.
The reason being that I noticed that if you leave it plugged in , it will charge till full and if you hover over battery icon than you will see 'plugged in - not charging' Which means it's using battery power obviously.

Don't know till what percentage it will do this, but it will not overcharge or continuously charge it when full
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 7-27-2017 12:07:01 | Show all posts
Haven't seen you around  a lot lately? You still in modchat?
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 7-27-2017 13:54:22 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 7-27-2017 21:05
Hackerjac is fine lol, why? Although he was thinking of quitting being mod

I think in modern  ...

I think partially my fault..

But see that the chargers by Chuwi are not designed for 24/7 workloads.. if battery used, then as used it gets charged... You're taking it too simply. It has to discharge properly. Imho. See what you experience, but you don't have a Chuwi charger anymore so 9ne issue less. He does have the original I think.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 7-28-2017 09:31:14 | Show all posts
You think? ;) Just kidding... (Kinda)

oh, no, nonononononono; chuwi chargers 24/7 will lead to explosions xD That thing got reaaaaal hot when using it.
I still have it, but don't use it anymore lol.
But what I generally do is use it in day till it depletes and charge it when empty.

Use magic Report

JK/SF| Post time 7-31-2017 08:15:03 | Show all posts
I have read an occasional full cycle of a battery between constant charge is helpful. I don't know if that means weekly or monthly, or if that the statement is actually true. I think the problem is that if you keep it plugged in, it is cycling at the top level of battery charge which really stresses the battery. I say this because I have a 7 YO Sony Vaio which allows me to limit the max charge to 80%. After 7 years (a lot of the time plugged in), I have seen only slight degradation of battery life. I contributed to the Surbook campaign because the Surbook's performance is likely to be pretty close to the Sony and it still serves me just fine as a second computer (with the the exception of an occasionally sticky key). I am looking forward to the addition of a touch screen and a little less weight.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list