ChuWi Forum»Forum General Discussion General Discussion Google Assistant is not coming to tablets

Follow Us

Google Assistant is not coming to tablets

[Copy link]

Gajack|Post time:6-27-2017 12:42:44 View:110|Reply:4

Edited by Gajack at 6-24-2017 00:26

If the rollout of Google Assistant to more devices got you excited as a tablet owner, there's some bad news. Google has confirmed that the handy tool will not be making its way to tablets.

Last month the company said that Google Assistant was on its way to all Android smartphones running Marshmallow and above, but didn’t make reference to tablets one way or the other. But now it has been made clear that tablets are not in line for the upgrade -- at least not for the time being.

There had been speculation that the failure of Google to mention tablets was fairly indicative of what was going to happen (or not happen), but now we know for sure. In a statement issued to Android Police, Google said:

The Assistant will be available on Android Marshmallow and Nougat phones with Google Play Services, this does not include tablets.

So if you've been eagerly looking out for a new update, you can stop wasting your time. That's not to say that Google won’t change its mind at some point, but for the foreseeable future your tablet will remain Google Assistant free.

source : Google/betanews
Chuwi Moderator,

PM me if you have any questions ;)

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-25-2017 06:54:59 | Show all posts
I'm using Google Assistnt on my Hi10 Plus tablet right now. Hehe. I LOVE IT!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Myleschalmers| Post time 6-26-2017 11:36:01 | Show all posts
Xda have a sideloaded version that works with nova. I have it but still trying to work out really what to use it for. I don't find it that amazing.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-26-2017 16:39:01 | Show all posts
I use it together with Google Voice Access to try and control my device entirely with my voice.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-27-2017 12:42:44 | Show all posts
Awesome Doodzilla, sounds really cool.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list