ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Notebook Discussion Chuwi Lapbook 14.1 Some keyboard keys not working!

Follow Us

Some keyboard keys not working!

[Copy link]

Jurgen|Post time:8-28-2017 08:08:05 View:1951|Reply:19

Kelvin55| Post time 7-10-2017 19:26:57 | Show all posts
Hi, I bought this Lapbook 5 months ago & recently the keys for No.8 & 0 are not working. Had encountered other problems with the keyboard when typing on the keys too hard its jump to other locations, very annoyng. Tried some of the tips from this site https://techtablets.com/forum/to ... -keyboard-problems. Its not working for me either its the keyboard that is faulty or the drivers. Using external keyboard works alright.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

mbaruzzo| Post time 7-12-2017 05:25:08 | Show all posts
Hi guys, did you open the lapbook for some tweaking? Is it possible that the keyboard connector inside is now a bit loose? It seems to me hardware issue rather than software.
If not solved, I suggest you to open a ticket with the seller if you recently bought the device and is under warranty.
Otherwise, you can send an email to service@chuwi.com.
Good luck!

Use magic Report

tavsanist| Post time 7-23-2017 13:15:32 | Show all posts
I have the same problem and chuwi support told me that it have to buy new lapbook which is nonsense..

You guys know where can i find a replacement keyboard ?

Use magic Report

TiagoHB| Post time 7-25-2017 06:30:11 | Show all posts

same problem here, did someone solved this? I even sent an email to chuwi support, no answers given...

Use magic Report

TFMeouch| Post time 8-16-2017 01:04:48 | Show all posts
I have the same problem with my keyboard as well.  The q key suddenly stops working for no reason. There wasn't any spillage or whatsoever on the keyboard. That is really terribly disappointing build quality.

PS: I had to type the q key in this message using the virtual keyboard found in Windows 10.

Use magic Report

tman| Post time 8-19-2017 01:34:41 | Show all posts
Same problem here. Cluster of keys stopped working. Laptop now unusable without an external USB keyboard. Real shame, but as it seems pretty common, I'm guessing there's a design fault with the Lapbook 14.1. Really, really saddened by this. Excellent reviews prompted me to buy this, and while I knew it was a risk buying outside my country, I didn't expect this at all.

Also, in the UK we normally get a 1 year minimum warranty on all goods. I contacted Gearbest after the problem occurred (about 8 weeks into ownership), and they wouldn't replace the laptop under warranty, as you only seem to get about 45 days, which is appalling in my opinion. They offered me $30, and that's it.

If Chuwi want to be a high profile supplier, they need to sort this out, or nobody will have any confidence in their products.

I'd be happy to try and replace the keyboard myself, but spares seem almost impossible to source, unless anyone knows any different.

Use magic Report

opla| Post time 8-25-2017 05:08:21 | Show all posts
Any solution to the keyboard missing key presses problem? Before returning the lapbook to supplier I want to know whether there is a solution ? maybe a bios update is available? Emily?

Use magic Report

tman| Post time 8-26-2017 02:22:34 | Show all posts
opla replied at 8-25-2017 05:08
Any solution to the keyboard missing key presses problem? Before returning the lapbook to supplier I ...

It's nothing to do with the BIOS - it's a hardware fault. Either a very, very cheap keyboard controller, or a design fault with the keyboard modules or connector itself. Many, many people are experiencing this. It's very common with the Lapbook 14.1.
Considering Gearbest said they'd repair and return the laptop, but wanted $200 to do it (yes, you read that right - $200), it's not worth my while. I've either got to keep hunting for a replacement keyboard, or write off the laptop.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 8-26-2017 02:37:07 | Show all posts
Please send an email to service@chuwi.com explaining your problem in detail, including uploading a video to the cloud and putting the link. Keep in mind that they receive many emails every day, but if in a week you have not received a reply, put it here or by private message to me.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

tman| Post time 8-28-2017 08:08:05 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 8-26-2017 02:37
Please send an email to  explaining your problem in detail, including uploading a video to the cloud ...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd already done this for Gearbest - created a video showing the problem, and created a new ticket with them. After numerous replies, their basic answer was; It's out of the 45 day warranty, so we can either repair it for $200 + shipping costs or they'd give me $30 as a token gesture. That was it. Not really helpful at all considering I'd only had the laptop for about 6-8 weeks. Very disappointed, but if you think I need to do the same thing for Chuwi direct, then I guess I can.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list