ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Success Story][Hi13]++ Basics Finally Okay

Follow Us

[Success Story][Hi13]++ Basics Finally Okay

[Copy link]

ZenBalancer|Post time:6-27-2017 22:41:02 View:189|Reply:4

Edited by ZenBalancer at 6-26-2017 07:07

TLTR: Chuwi Hi13 + original accessories worth it to me for that price + import taxes.

I received my magnetic rotary keyboard and 2x HiPen H3 styli (Official Chuwi AliExpress store) way before the Hi13. GearBest had supply issues and communication issues in this case, that forced me after a month to wait another month for my order from BG/Banggood. And despite useless EMS tracking and not free, I received my Hi13 and customs payment was paid. It was worth it to finally have the Hi13.

Out of the box everything looks good. Small minor finish or accidental manufacturing issue on the keyboard corner isn't even in my view while working on the Hi13 with it, and thus is trivial imperfection, that even mighty HP had it with my laptop back in 2011 with a different "finishing issue".

I upgraded the BIOS of the Hi13 from 1.02 to 1.04 while troubleshooting screenbrightness not being responsive to software and FN key usage. Read somewhere on the forum about a different model that factory reset is the best solution. So presuming that I downloaded the factory reset files from the correct thread and subforum, and that indeed fixed my problem. I didn't perform a performance comparison before and after, because that's not my main concern. The Hi13 performs as expected. I set visual settings and advanced settings for best performance with a few exceptions like "Peek" feature. The tutorials and everything made by Emily and the team made things a breeze. My activity on the forum getting to learn the basics of the area helped a lot to trust in the process.

I added Cacheman Pro from Outertech (I've license for a long time for 5 personal computers) that was very handy. Because it gives me about 1GB of free ram when I free the RAM. That is after I've loaded up everything I need normally. I don't need much for my use-cases. Cacheman is much better and advanced memory manager than Windows even that of 10.

As a reader with Adobe Reader DC and Sumatra PDF option during installation to show thumbnails of PDFs in Explorer and other local storage browsers, after struggling with the Adobe Reader DC option for it.

The screen real-estate is exactly as I hoped for, much, much better than my Surface Pro (1) especially the aspect ratio. Reading with it is satisfying. I added BattaryBar Pro and ClocX while setting my thick Taskbar on Autohide.

I'm very satisfied with docking and undocking of the Hi13. Pen support works fine for my use-cases, which currently are not many, reading more than writing or doodling. But I love the fact that I can just get out the pen and start working with it without yet another device on the go.

I've yet to get Synergy working for my overall setup, but that's on them. Configuration issues.

I also removed both the protective screen covers for best look and results from my viewpoint. I'm very careful with the screen, and use the keyboard in the bag the protect both it and the structural integrity of the device.

Overall about the Hi13 I'm very happy with it. The shopping process gone wrong is partially because Chuwi and GearBest messed up. I should have bought everything from the official Chuwi Store, but wanted to buy as cheap as possible, and that's on me.

I'm happy to conclude that it was a purchase worth the hassles, especially after I mastered the Windows 10 touch pad gestures, to get back my active Window after accidental "show desktop" gesture. 3 fingers down and the active window and others that were minimized but in the background are back on.

I'm satisfied with my Chuwi Hi13 laplet. And have written this post with it, although with some accidental cursors jumping around by touching the touchpad probably. I also love that extra keys on the keyboard, like context menu key to see spelling suggestions and navigate with the arrow keys. And the End key to get back to where I was writing if the writing cursor jumps upward by accidental touchpad touch. I've developed during this writing a tendency to "Arc" my hands over the touchpad to avoide accidentally touching it.

I'm sitting back on my bed, laplet supports most of the weight up to all of the weight of the screen when not angled back too much. I'm really glad I chose a laplet over a tabtop in this case. I'm working on making this Hi13 also a thin client for my "workhorses" remotely. So I can hopefully soon sit in the park and do some "computing heavy lifting" of my own with compiling big open source projects.

Edit: In a few moments, undocking to continue reading Java OCA exam preparation, multiple pages of the same book opened for reference on multiple Windows 10 virtual desktops thanks also to Adobe Reader DC "New Window" feature. /Edit.

Thank you for your attention. Any critique is welcome.

Good luck everyone. Will keep an eye here and there from time to time. Perhaps sooner than later. But I can't promise. Regardless, Thank You All for everything.

Edit: I recommend Adobe Reader DC Fullscreen mode and flicking pages uppard and downward when reading the book. FoxIT Reader Full Screen mode is disappointing up until now. /Edit.

TLTR: Chuwi Hi13 + original accessories worth it to me for that price + import taxes.

Edits: title, spellings, forum error recovery + clarity.

Reply button? Also lists for a response, @username doesn't.
Chuwi? Time-constrains乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
3: 1+1+1 Links: Laplets vs Tabtops + is Chuwi good or bad? + After-sales?

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 6-25-2017 19:00:05 | Show all posts
cool, i think it is a good review which can help our readers know more about the item, the user's courage is our best support, have a good day
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 6-26-2017 02:07:43 | Show all posts
welcome back, @ZenBalancer, nice review

Use magic Report

ZenBalancer| Post time 6-26-2017 02:53:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thank you all for your contributions to the community. (^=^)

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-27-2017 22:41:02 | Show all posts
Good to hear
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list