ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi HiBook Pro Problem with deep sleep

Follow Us

Problem with deep sleep

[Copy link]

jaiv|Post time:7-10-2017 09:07:10 View:2305|Reply:21

jaiv| Post time 6-28-2017 09:23:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Any news, Emily?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

jaiv| Post time 6-30-2017 07:39:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Emily, are you there?

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 6-30-2017 08:39:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
try disabling hibernation.

Use magic Report

jaiv| Post time 6-30-2017 10:10:13 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by jaiv at 6-30-2017 10:12

Hibernation is not the problem. It can hibernate without problem or you can disable it also without problem. The real problem is it cannot go to sleep mode and then wake up normally. For example, the tablet enters sleep mode when you push the power button on windows or Android, or when you wait a few minutes, an it's not the same as hibernation. Widows not recognize that the tablet support sleep mode, and it should. See other messages I have posted before.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-30-2017 15:51:18 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 7-1-2017 03:10

Hello jaiv,
I had similar problems with deep sleep. Sometimes this sleep passed into lethargy. The tablet either did not turn on, or was spontaneously loaded. Because of this, I had to abandon the use of sleep mode completely. Instead, I've been shutting down Windows whenever I did not use the tablet. I was sure that this problem can not be solved.
But I was wrong.
DigitalMD's tip prompted me to check this version, that any connected device may prevent a tablet from sleeping properly.
I use a wireless keyboard and mouse kit. Its USB dongle is permanently connected.
A couple of days ago, I decided to activate the sleep mode in the power settings and began to check my tablet with the turned out USB dongle.
So the problem of incorrect shutdowns and spontaneous reboots is completely solved. In my case, the cause of the issue was the impact of my wireless keyboard.
By the way, Chuwi tablets clearly do not support sleep mode at all. When you press the power button, the screen goes out, but no sleep occurs. It hibernates after half an hour of inactivity. It's not in a few minutes, but in half an hour exactly.
So, the sleep mode works so so.

Use magic Report

jaiv| Post time 7-1-2017 01:58:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hello. Thank you for sharing your experiences but in my case it happens without a single device connected. And it happens in two Hibook, one Z8300 and other one Z8350. And you also have problems with sleep mode, but your case is slightly different from mine and other users. So I want to request to chuwi a fix.  

Use magic Report

jaiv| Post time 7-1-2017 02:01:55 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by jaiv at 7-1-2017 03:18

I am very tired of trying to fix the problem wasting my time. Emily help us, please.

Use magic Report

madeg| Post time 7-2-2017 06:35:38 | Show all posts
I have no device on my Hi12 Z8350 too, but the problem still exists.

Waiting for news from Emily...

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-2-2017 12:22:02 | Show all posts
I have already disabled in windows things like inactivity detection, hibernation, etc.

It was a very bad idea to disable inactivity detection and especially hibernation. I believe that the sleep mode on Chuwi tablets does not work as a sleep mode itself. Of course, by pressing the Power button or closing the lid, we can see that the screen goes blank. But this is not a sleep mode. This is turning off the screen and locking the login and nothing else.
It's easy to see that the tablet goes into hibernation instead of deep sleep. We have no any deep sleep after 4 minutes of inactivity with default power settings. Any activity in the time interval of up to 30 minutes leads to turning on the screen. After half an hour of inactivity, you can to turn the tablet on and to boot Windows from hibernation mode only, but do not wake it up from sleep mode. Thus, the tablet goes into hibernation instead of deep sleep always. And this happens despite the fact that according to the settings it should not go into hibernation ever.
What happens to a device that does not support sleep mode and in which  inactivity detection and hibernation are disabled? Can you answer this rhetorical question?
it happens without a single device connected.
I have no device on my Hi12 Z8350 too, but the problem still exists.

I'm afraid that you both are mistaken and do not fully understand the meaning of the connected devices in the phrase. You should look at this concept much wider. Do not forget that there are Bluetooth devices and LAN with network access and so on.
Besides there are tasks in Windows, software and including all sorts of malicious programs, which also may not allow the device to go to sleep. In our case, to go to hibernation.
About the help from Chuwi. You should separate flies from cutlets first. As the proverb says, the rescue of drowning people is a matter for the drowning.
Good Luck!

Use magic Report

jaiv| Post time 7-10-2017 09:07:10 | Show all posts
Edited by jaiv at 7-10-2017 09:08
Motobot replied at 7-2-2017 12:22
It was a very bad idea to disable inactivity detection and especially hibernation. I believe that t ...

Hello,

Thanks for your help, but I am not agree with you. The tablet should go to sleep, because the SoC supports sleep mode and the bios allows to choose it (and also it's active by default). And the tablet, out of the box, doesn't work properly when you push the power button to sleep the tablet.

The tablet should work out of box without tweaking. Do you agree with that? And by default sleep mode is active, and sleep mode is not supported, so it freezes when it goes to sleep mode.

All smartphones and all other tablets, including tablets from other manufacturers with same chipset works fine with sleep mode. Chuwi tablets are the only ones that it doesn't. So, for you could be OK, but not for me.

2 weeks waiting a response from Emily.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list