ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Pro HI8 PRO android will not boot via OS Switch

Follow Us

HI8 PRO android will not boot via OS Switch

[Copy link]

dr.diggler|Post time:6-29-2017 07:00:37 View:169|Reply:13

Edited by dr.diggler at 6-25-2017 14:02

Hello Chuwis,
days ago i wanted to boot to android using os switch in windows mode. Tablet did reboot as expected but won´t startup android. Because i did nothing than using this tablet normal ( no playing around with system - worked really well for a long time!!! )
Now the Tablet freezes when i choose android system in bootmanager. It stops at chuwi logo.

What I did now: Reflash android with flash_json_no_erase to keep windows. After that flash android will boot up but before it boots there is a message I´m worrying about:

"Do you want to skip FOTA? (Y)
If have not enter any key FOTA will execute after 5 seconds
Performing Hash Check to check if IFWI update is required......
IFWI update required.
FMI authenticating the IBB.
Failed to verify IBB: Device Error
FOTA: Capsule Update Aborted Status = Device Error
Updating ESRT table... Completed"

After this message android boots up and i´m able to setup android system for first time. Ok, now if I choose "boot to windows" the tablet reboots to Win. And if i do the same in Windows the tablet reboots and freezes again at chuwi logo.
To sum up: I´m currently only able to use windows.

Can anybody help?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-25-2017 14:32:56 | Show all posts
Hello dr.diggler,
What about Boot Menu? Can you see this menu after power on? Can you choose and boot Android from the menu? Just shut down first and power on again to see the BOOT MENU window.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

dr.diggler| Post time 6-25-2017 23:35:10 | Show all posts
Boot menu is present! Secting works - after selecting android system stucks. Windows is working fine of course.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-26-2017 05:11:43 | Show all posts
dr.diggler replied at 6-26-2017 10:35
Boot menu is present! Secting works - after selecting android system stucks. Windows is working fine ...

You need reflash Android again with original ROM for your serial number from the thread.
Apparently the last time something went wrong.

Use magic Report

dr.diggler| Post time 6-26-2017 07:44:48 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I already loaded fresh File. Version 05.2016 for my serial. any other thoughts? last Chance is to reinstall everything including windows. that takes a Lot of time.... :-(

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-26-2017 11:15:15 | Show all posts
dr.diggler replied at 6-26-2017 18:44
I already loaded fresh File. Version 05.2016 for my serial. any other thoughts? last Chance is to re ...

You can flash Android with flash.json via Intel PhoneFlash Tool. Then you should reinstall Windows too.

Use magic Report

dr.diggler| Post time 6-26-2017 15:16:23 | Show all posts
I really want to prevent doing a complete fresh install! Needs too much time.  
So far i found this: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2566-1-1.html
did not helped. What else occurs is that windoiws did no fine shut down sometimes. I guess something is wrong :-(

Use magic Report

dr.diggler| Post time 6-27-2017 01:55:39 | Show all posts
SOLVED!
Behaviour was caused by software "ext2fsd - volume manager" (is for supporting EXT File format in WIN) uninstalled and reflashed android and switching OS is working. Also shutdown works as usual.

Thanks for trying to support me!

Use magic Report

hadelisc| Post time 6-28-2017 15:49:32 | Show all posts
ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR HE COMPRADO UNA CHUWI HI8 POR AMAZON ESTA TABLET  ME ARRANCA EN ANDROID PERO NO EN WINDOWS  SALE EL LOGO DE ANDROID Y WINDOWS SELECCIONO ESTE Y NO ENTRA LUEGO SE REINICIA Y VUELVE A LA MISMA PANTALLA CON LOS DOS ICONOS PARA SELECCIONAR UNO COMO HAGO PARA ENTRAR O ARREGLAR WINDOWS

Use magic Report

dr.diggler| Post time 6-29-2017 07:00:37 | Show all posts
is it that hard to write in english? I would really like to support you, but think about, I need to use googletranslate what translates nothing helpful for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list