ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Device won't go to sleep, hibernate or shutdown

Follow Us

Device won't go to sleep, hibernate or shutdown

[Copy link]

guywalder|Post time:6-28-2017 13:52:58 View:902|Reply:16

Edited by guywalder at 6-27-2017 01:31

Hi all,

I'm having some serious issues with my Chuwi Hi12 dual boot device. I've owned the device for two months now and it was working o.k. during this time.
Recently I've noticed that my tablet will drain during the night. After some further inspection I've noticed that the device won't go to sleep, won't hibernate and when I try to shut the device down I get a black screen. When I wish to turn it back on I need to long press the power buton several times until it turns back on. i do notice that the power light on the keyboard is constantly on when I "shutdown" the device.

I've Googled this issue but couldn't find anything about it. Updated my Windows with all the latest updates and tried to boot the device several times. Checked the power managment settings and nothing has changed. All looks good.

I'm really frustrated about this and would love to solve this puzzle.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guy.t
UPDATE:
Found same issue on Dell laptops but couldn't find the right line on the device manager:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en ... 7-bb7a-5d799861a38f

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 6-27-2017 03:13:05 | Show all posts
Hello guywalder,
Your tablet have a problem with Sleep mode. You can read this thread.
A workaround for the problem here
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

madeg| Post time 6-27-2017 03:27:39 | Show all posts
The line you are searching for is
Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface

I will try this to, but I don't think, that this will solve our problem . You will find more information in the threads Motobot posted.

Use magic Report

guywalder| Post time 6-27-2017 05:43:14 | Show all posts
Thank you guys for your replay. I will check Motobot's thread and look for a solution.
It's weird Chuwi haven't commented on this.

Use magic Report

guywalder| Post time 6-27-2017 06:04:49 | Show all posts
I'm sorry Motobot I find it hard to believe that the ONLY option to our problem is shutting down the device on each and every time we would like to close it. In addition, in my case, even shutting down the device won't work every time.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 6-27-2017 06:29:59 | Show all posts
guywalder replied at 6-27-2017 22:04
I'm sorry Motobot I find it hard to believe that the ONLY option to our problem is shutting down the ...

It's a good thing you're still eligible for a warranty at least.

Use magic Report

byzeta| Post time 6-27-2017 10:47:28 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 6-27-2017 12:28:22 | Show all posts
Current Windows Build/version number?  Mine is on Version: 1703, Build 15063.413

Settings:
Save me power when my device knows I'm away is OFF.
Network Connection NEVER DISCONNECT
Sleep After 4 & 10 minutes
Hibernate Never
Power Buttons & Lid:
all set to Sleep

I shut it down with the Power icon on the Windows Start Menu, but sleep seems to work OK when i click it.  Admittedly, it does not go into a particularly low power sleep state(not disconnecting Wifi probably does not help) and I don't often leave it in sleep unless plugged in, but it comes back out at a press of the power button, and a screen click or re-entry of PIN depending on how long it's in sleep mode.  Like I said, sleep mode is not really what I'd consider a particularly deep or low powered sleep mode.

I had similar issues a few months back prior to Creators Update when I was on one of the slow ring updates.  I was constantly getting nowhere from the OS selection screen and having to hold for 15-20 seconds then three press to start up, etc. EVERY time.  Eventually an update seemed to get me past that issue.  My Hi12 (Z-8300) now sleeps when its left alone long enough, or when power is briefly pressed.  It boots right from the OS selection screen into the OS selected or the previously ran OS, rather than requiring the Long Press/Three Press Tango.  Beats me exactly what was messed up at the time, figured it was just an update bug.  Should have run DISM I guess, but it wasn't that way for more than a week or so...  Minor enough to do the TANGO once I knew it wasn't a brick.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-28-2017 11:39:48 | Show all posts
If you have any external devices such as keyboard or mouse even if they are bluetooth it may prevent your tablet from sleeping properly

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 6-28-2017 13:52:58 | Show all posts
Good point.  OTOH, mine at least screen blanks with my bluetooth keyboard on, but that may power down into a sleep mode after a few minutes too.  Pretty sure it does, actually.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list