ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 SD Card problem (partially Solved)

Follow Us

SD Card problem (partially Solved)

[Copy link]

Elle|Post time:7-2-2017 11:44:27 View:2997|Reply:42

Edited by Elle at 7-12-2017 12:27

Hay Guys this is what I did to the sd card to make it work. For now it work. This is just information that I have recovered from techtablets and others i will post the links at the end, and thanks to those who keep on serching for a solution.
First:

You should really enable MS Custom Sdbus Driver in the bios (under Advanced -> System Component)
This option comes available if the active OS image ID is set to Windows, so boot to windows first and then reboot and go to bios.
Problem should be solved then.
Second: You have to open widnows Device Manager and manually update all 3 of these: update it with   sdbus.inf_amd64_509acf961ce0c619.zip     attached in the post.

With the driver posted above, you’ll need to turn off windows driver signature to do this. If you’re unsure how just google it, but hold shift while going windows – restart and it should offer you advanced startup options, after that it’s option 7.

Third:

Make sure the driver gets replaced. Go to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers and look up the two driver files – SDBUS.SYS and DUMPSD.SYS, when you look at the file properties, they must show 6.3 and not 10. You can see same when looking into Driver File Details in Properties for the device. I came across situation where I replaced with 6.3 and the main Properties window was showing 6.3 but looking on the drivers, were still showing 10 version.

If drivers are not replaced – your best bet is “Unlocker”. You may also need to use Safe Mode Command Prompt to change take ownership of the files.

Or you can change the permissions of the security by changing the owner, in the advanced options of security tab when you press the propeties of SDBUS.SYS, and DUMPSD.SYS
Then when you click on Change and go to anvanced options, click on search now, and put either everyone or youruser so you are the only owner and not windows. Whit this i think i wont change the drivers when it updates because windows is no longer the owner of those archives.

Fourth: Now Restart. It should be working right now.

I test this on this version of windows http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3812-1-1.html this is from motobot. And in this android ROM http://www.modaco.com/forums/top ... ok-hibook-pro-hi12/  
And It works in either android or Windows, I dont Know if it will work on Remix Os

Well thats all test it and see if it worked. For me now is doing great.

Links of this info: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/reading-sdxc-card/

Pages 1 and 25 for anyone who want to know the source.

img.png

sdbus.inf_amd64_509acf961ce0c619.zip

188.42 KB, Downloads: 298

Use magic Report

Elle| Post time 6-28-2017 04:59:11 | Show all posts
For its a week or so, test it and see for your self.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 6-27-2017 20:35:29 | Show all posts
Good news if this solution gives result to recover the micro sd reader.
How many days have you been with the micro Sd reader running correctly?

If it proves more people and it works this process seems an excellent contribution.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-28-2017 11:34:06 | Show all posts
This does appear to work, I am currently testing it on Windows 10 Insider Preview Release 16226.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 6-28-2017 12:44:21 | Show all posts
This works for every situation I could throw at it. Even works for FAT32 formated large (64GB) cards mounted to an empty NTFS folder so that dropbox will use it and it can also be seen by Android.
Good work
I stickied this tread.

Use magic Report

mhlangensiepen| Post time 6-28-2017 18:43:02 | Show all posts
Edited by mhlangensiepen at 6-28-2017 20:40

I could not get my Hi12 to replace the drivers - it kept saying the best drivers were already installed even with driver signing off.

I then used unlocker to try and remove sdbus.sys and dumpsd.sys but it wouldn't action the change until I rebooted and then my Hi12 gets stuck in a loop where it fails to start because essential drivers are missing. I've put the original SDBUS.SYS and DUMPSD.SYS back

Any suggestions? Can I just manually copy and overwrite the files?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 6-29-2017 03:04:55 | Show all posts
Elle replied at 6-28-2017 13:59
For its a week or so, test it and see for your self.

Can you tell which brand and micro sd card capacity are you using on the tablet?

Have you tried putting different micro sd in the reader and still working properly? It is out of curiosity I do not recommend that you do more tests since you have managed to get back to life the reader of your tablet.
Good work that lasts a long time.

Use magic Report

Elle| Post time 6-30-2017 13:07:26 | Show all posts
My brnad is a Sandisk class 10 64gb formated in exFat. No i havent tried to put other sd cards.

For mhlangensiepen, try to change the security of those archives, and make your user the owner of them, so that you can remplace them. Thats what i did, i just put unlocker because is a well know program and those the same thing, but i prefer the manuall method. Tried again if you like, and if someone have used this method please put your results, we must if these really works.

Use magic Report

ptnd| Post time 7-1-2017 12:11:19 | Show all posts
I have followed all the steps and also replaced the files in the drivers folder of windows, but for me it's still the same.

Could you capture what you have under disk drives in the device manager ?

Use magic Report

charleskoz| Post time 7-2-2017 11:44:27 | Show all posts
Elle, is that card seen in Android or only Windows? Thanks for the thread.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list