ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 SD Card problem (partially Solved)

Follow Us

SD Card problem (partially Solved)

[Copy link]

Elle|Post time:4 day(s) ago View:1225|Reply:32

Elle| Post time 7-11-2017 16:54:49 | Show all posts
I now edited my first post on this, I just test it in android and windows not remix
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hi12Guy| Post time 7-12-2017 00:27:40 | Show all posts
Motobot replied at 7-11-2017 07:47
Oh, it's just a wonderful miracle

Thread title needs changed.  This is not a full proof fix, so it's not 'SOLVED'

Use magic Report

Elle| Post time 7-12-2017 12:26:40 | Show all posts
Sorry but DigitalMD says it works, if you cant, then you dont have that kind of truble, but I will change it bescause it seems the problem lies elswhere, I publish this because for me it worked perfectly, no problems till now so for me is solved, you can use this information to dig in to it a lot further. Sorry if I piss off anyone. It was not my intention.

Use magic Report

Hi12Guy| Post time 7-14-2017 04:40:33 | Show all posts
Elle replied at 7-12-2017 12:26
Sorry but DigitalMD says it works, if you cant, then you dont have that kind of truble, but I will c ...

You didn't piss anyone off.  I appreciate you posting and trying to fix the problem.

It's just the fix isn't full proof.  Thanks for changing the title as well.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 7-15-2017 03:30:20 | Show all posts
Hi12Guy replied at 7-14-2017 07:40
You didn't piss anyone off.  I appreciate you posting and trying to fix the problem.

It's just th ...

Rather than claiming its not foolproof, could you provide some details as to what your problem is?
I haven;t found a problem with this method as long as you ACTUALLY replace the drivers. It works for Widows. Just remember, when you get a Windows version update, it will likely update your drivers too and you will have to do this process again.
Nothing is ever "foolproof"

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 7-15-2017 04:07:08 | Show all posts

R'

Edited by DigitalMD at 7-15-2017 07:29
charleskoz replied at 7-2-2017 14:44
Elle, is that card seen in Android or only Windows? Thanks for the thread.

This fix is for WIndows. It has no effect on Android. It's not intended to have any effect on Android.
Android should work fine with or without these changes. Remix Android is a different animal. It didn't come with the Hi12 and few people use it. If you are running Remix, all bets are off and you need to start a different tread for issues in that non-standard configuraton. I don't recommend Remix and really see no advantage to using it on the Hi12 when you already have a supported version of Android.

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 7-15-2017 04:17:22 | Show all posts

Provide more details about the type of card you are using.
Also try scan and repair on the card you are having problems with.

Use magic Report

Hi12Guy| Post time 7-17-2017 04:16:12 | Show all posts
This fix HAS fixed the problem in Android for me but not windows.  It's not Remix btw. Standard Android 5 the Hi12 ships with.

I made the BIOS change and replaced the driver with the old version 6 ones.

I've turned off auto-updating hardware drivers so the Version 6 ones don't get overwritten.  As for nothing being fullproof...er...ok.

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-17-2017 12:39:35 | Show all posts
According to reviews in the Russian forum 4pda.ru this method does not guarantee a successful solution of the problem, unfortunately. Or rather, it solves the problem in very rare cases.

Use magic Report

charleskoz| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
So this still isn't fixed? Bah, I was really hoping this was finally resolved.

I never had an issue in Android, and I don't need extra space there, I need it in Windows.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list