ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 SD Card problem (partially Solved)

Follow Us

SD Card problem (partially Solved)

[Copy link]

Elle|Post time:2-5-2018 22:16:55 View:9561|Reply:62

witman| Post time 10-17-2017 08:36:49 | Show all posts
I can confirm that after latest Windows update and with:
1. installed drivers provided above
2. BIOS setting changed to PCI mode
3. sd card NTFS file system
...cards WORKS !!!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

pieter| Post time 10-25-2017 05:01:48 | Show all posts
@ witman. I have a dualboot Hi10Pro... the solution is not working .. fine for win10, but somehow it makes remix os crash all the time...

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 10-26-2017 16:33:13 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 10-26-2017 16:40

I think we have to be VERY SPECIFIC about which Windows update (by build number and driver numbers) or people are going to get differing results based on which Win 10 version/build or Windows Update ring they're on.  I'm currently in the Hospital and brought the old Lenovo X200T with me just because my Hi12 flaked out yet again with the SDXC not functioning no matter what I tried.  I'll take another whack at it when I'm home again and up for a few hours of aggro.

New Official Chuwi Slogan: "Chuwi Hi12, the machine for people who appreciate the unexpected and enjoy the challenges of Friendly Fire!"

Use magic Report

strutch| Post time 11-17-2017 02:34:38 | Show all posts
Edited by manonegra222 at 11-17-2017 13:39

Nothing yet ???

What a xxxxx brand support...

Chuwi should change it's name to xxxx !

Please respect the rules or you will be expelled.

You can freely express your opinions without offending third parties

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 11-17-2017 04:58:56 | Show all posts

There are many people working very hard so that you come to offend them for free. If you read one as you would see that the SD problem is not unique to Chuwi, it affects the other brands, including Microsoft since it comes from the Bios of American Megadrents
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

strutch| Post time 11-22-2017 04:14:57 | Show all posts

It looks like after almost one year Chuwy finally assumes the problem!

My friend.. You never forget that I'm the one that is offended here.

I paid for a product that is defective.

You (Chuwi) are the ones that stole my money with a defective product and do nothing to fix it.

No answer to emails. No concrete answers in this forum.. And now, after one year you say that "there are many people working very hard " ?!?!?

And you compare Chuwi with Microsoft ?!? Really ?!?

You should have a little bit more respect for those that Chuwy sold a defective product.

Use magic Report

technisol| Post time 11-22-2017 11:35:19 | Show all posts
Edited by technisol at 11-22-2017 11:50

Strutch,

I am also having problems with an SDXC that doesn't always want to work, and that even with it set to PCI in BIOS and varying drivers...  I don't believe this is a Chuwi issue, so much as a BIOS issue, since as manonegra222 wrote, even Microsoft is having issues with this on their machines, the Surface line.  I do wonder about just whose fault it is, since before I Nuked and repaved after a bad update I never had an issue with the SDXC card through the previous year of ownership and multiple Windows Updates.

I think rather that at some point someone changed something in the Microsoft code that normally was not updated by the normal update process, possibly to fix an SDXC unrelated or related security issue, and until the BIOS is updated nothing is going to change.  I have a feeling M$ is sticking to their guns and AMI is either dragging it's heels or CHUWI does not want to pay to have the BIOS fixed/updated to function with the M$ change that must have been made -the only obvious problem with that theory is why then is M$ dragging it's heels getting the BIOS fixd for it's own machines?

I say this because for over a year I had no SDXC problems and only had them after having to nuke and pave and install the Creator's update.   I think it may be a classic "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem and no one wants to take responsibility or that Chuwi is unwilling to pay a fee for a fix they probably shouldn't be charged for anyhow from AMI...  Let's be fair, this is all conjecture based on trying to fit theory to a limited set of facts, but I do know the facts at least in my case are accurate -> the SDXC problem for me started only after a Nuke and Pave Creators Update installation...  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  

Perhaps, if Chuwi came clean and told us what they know, we as a group could apply the appropriate pressure to get the changes made in a public manner.  Think about it Chuwi, and try leveling with us, you must know more than you're saying.  A little transparency and owning up to things might bolster your reputation considerably...

Use magic Report

oscaroum| Post time 12-20-2017 14:13:01 | Show all posts
Buenas, tengo una chuwi hi12 he reemplazado los archivos de sdbus.sys y dumpsd.sys de la carpeta drivers y están en la version 6 ha desaparecido el error en administrador de dispositivos  pero la sd sigue sin funcionar en windows 10.

sabéis alguna solución?

Use magic Report

Elle| Post time 12-21-2017 04:25:14 | Show all posts
Finally it got me, now android cant detect sd cards. Please Chuwi Solve this!!!!!!!!

Use magic Report

GoldenDark| Post time 2-5-2018 22:16:55 | Show all posts
any news or solution?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list