[Unsolvable] Chuwi Hi13 SD Card slot issue - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Unsolvable] Chuwi Hi13 SD Card slot issue

Follow Us

[Unsolvable] Chuwi Hi13 SD Card slot issue

[Copy link]

Elgran|Post time:6-30-2017 09:10:10 View:785|Reply:18

Edited by Techdragonz at 6-30-2017 22:30

Hi I'm new here!
I just got a Chuwi Hi-13 and the SD card slot does not seem to be working correctly. Not sure if it's a hardware issue or not. The driver shows as fine, I have also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. But whenever I plug in the card it makes the connection notification sound, and can take up to 5 minutes to register the card is there, but the card will not read. If I insert and eject the card a few times I might get lucky and be able to get it to read, but it is slow and after a little use drops out and cannot be used again. I am thinking it's a Hardware issue and was wondering what I can do to have it fixed?

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 6-27-2017 20:22:36 | Show all posts
It's strange what you say, because Chuwi Hi13 read very good comments and opinions from users.

Try another Micro SD card.
In addition to formatting Micro sd in another format from a computer before entering it into the slot of the tablet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Elgran| Post time 6-27-2017 21:10:41 | Show all posts
I have. I have tried 4 different SD cards none above 64gb. 2 Sandisk, a PNY and a Kingston. they all do the same thing. I have formatted them in fat32 and ntfs, all the had the same results.

Use magic Report

admin| Post time 6-27-2017 21:58:04 | Show all posts
Elgran replied at 6-27-2017 21:10
I have. I have tried 4 different SD cards none above 64gb. 2 Sandisk, a PNY and a Kingston. they all ...

hello, i find this thread, hope can give you little help, please check it
http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-4423-1-1.html
have a good day

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-27-2017 22:53:10 | Show all posts
Hmm, my micro SD card reader works flawlessly. You should try and see if the thread of Santi that the admin linked above works.

It's the first time I hear a complaint about the SD card reader on the Hi13.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

roklipni| Post time 6-29-2017 00:57:23 | Show all posts
Well, I thought I was the only one with this issue. My HI13 SD reader works like yours Elgran, and it is driving me mad.

Thank you admin and Techdragonz - I'll try the driver in the link and post back with results .

PS: Is it even possible, to do (You should really enable MS Custom Sdbus Driver in the bios (under Advanced -> System Component)) on HI13? My BIOS doesn't really show any options for changing system components.

Use magic Report

roklipni| Post time 6-29-2017 22:06:55 | Show all posts
OK, I've tried all of the possible solutions and it didn't work, unfortunately.

I installed the drivers from Hi12, made sure they were changed in the system32/drivers folder, but the result was the same.
It looks like this (with whatever driver):

Issue

Issue

I tried it with exFAT, FAT and NTFS, but it is always the same. Using an external USB reader it works perfectly, so it is not an SD card issue.

Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-30-2017 00:42:50 | Show all posts
About the bios, they blocked it so we cannot change stuff in it...

Then the SD card... It is a real weird issue... It is not common for the Hi13. As my Hi13 is kind of flawless now (After updating all the drivers everything seems to work properly) I can't really look for an issue I don't have

Which brings me to a new possible solution:
Download Driver Booster, it is a program that will look for new updates for all the drivers. It works perfectly.
Once downloaded you will see the Chuwi drivers are kind of outdated...

I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

roklipni| Post time 6-30-2017 06:37:37 | Show all posts
Thank you for the reply Techdragonz. I did get quite a few driver updates, but the SD card still doesn't work. I still hope it is not a HW issue, and I don't really need an SD card right now... but still.

If anyone has any idea on how to make it work and what else to try, let me know, please.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-30-2017 09:10:10 | Show all posts
To bad it Didn't work
I know what you mean, when ever there is an issue, you want to see it fixed, just in case .
I will ask my fellow mods if they would want to look into it once too. I hope it gets fixed.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list