ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 [Unsolvable] Chuwi Hi13 SD Card slot issue

Follow Us

[Unsolvable] Chuwi Hi13 SD Card slot issue

[Copy link]

Elgran|Post time:7-20-2017 04:23:20 View:542|Reply:15

Techdragonz| Post time 6-30-2017 13:25:59 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 6-30-2017 22:29

So... I have asked my fellow moderators and sadly enough I do not have the news you want to hear: It seems like this is an issue that even occurs on some mainstream branded tablets like e.g. the surface. Only a small amount of devices may encounter the issue but as of now, there is no fix.

If you'd like to add some storage to your Hi13 and you want to keep it as small as possible I'd recommend those very small USB Drives that you can then plug into the keyboard USB port. It doesn't add any bulk to the device but it does give you that extra storage you would need.

I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Elgran| Post time 7-1-2017 03:48:45 | Show all posts
I to was unable to fix the issue. It would be nice to have a bit more bios control for some stuff as well, but O' well I guess. Kinda Sucks not having SD storage atm since I got this to do graphic arts with. If Emily might be able to weigh in on this, maybe see if they know something or maybe about having a hardware fix done through the warranty.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 7-1-2017 10:55:30 | Show all posts
Emily is actually on holiday now, The person using her account now is Jerry...

I think they locked the bios down to prevent users from tweaking it what may lead to the malfunctioning of the device...

Yes, it sucks having no SD card, but as I said, you can always use those tiny thumb drives for extra storage.
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

mouaisien| Post time 7-1-2017 12:38:14 | Show all posts
Should you try this solution for Hi12?

Use magic Report

Elgran| Post time 7-3-2017 20:26:03 | Show all posts
Yeah the driver solution for the hi12 doesn't work for the hi13. I can confirm it is a driver issue though, since I installed ubuntu onto it and the sd card works flawlessly now. but no camera support and the pen works a little strange with it. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the Phoenix OS installed locally since I can get it to work from booting as a live usb but it has no installer. It's an x86 android os and from playing with it on the tablet, almost everything works out of box and it's got android apps and a nice user interface. it was really responsive as well.

Use magic Report

Pajero| Post time 7-20-2017 04:23:20 | Show all posts
Hi Elgran

Would you mind directing me to some easy to follow instructions on setting up Phoenix OS on a live USB for use on Hi13 please?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list