ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 HI13 keyboard unresponsive

Follow Us

HI13 keyboard unresponsive

[Copy link]

WthgRM|Post time:6-29-2017 11:19:54 View:828|Reply:16

Edited by WthgRM at 6-28-2017 11:54

I received today the docking keyboard for my HI13, but it's not working at all.
No keys, no USB, no touchpad. The white power led turns on briefly after the connection.
With or without the keyboard, the Device Manager [Keyboards] category reads:
- [HID keyboard Device] on Intel HID Event Filter
- [HID keyboard Device] on Goodix Touch HID
- [HID keyboard Device] on Converted Portable Device Control device
- [Standard PS/2 Keyboard] plugged into keyboard port

When the keyboard is connected, the Device Manager refreshes and a "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" appears under the [Universal Serial Bus controllers] category.
Any attempt to find an appropriate driver obviously fails (CHUWI driver pack, online, update).
Before returning the keyboard as DOA, I would appreciate any suggestion.
Thx

Devices

Devices

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-28-2017 13:16:23 | Show all posts
I went rechecking the drivers I have installed for keyboards and I see I have one more than you:
=> [HID keyboard Device] on USB input

I assume this is supposed to downloaded when you connect the keyboard but as your hi13 doesn't recognize it, the keyboard might be faulty.
Quick question to confirm; does the Caps-Lock led light up when pressing the Caps key?
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

WthgRM| Post time 6-28-2017 14:09:55 | Show all posts
No, all the keys are unresponsive.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 6-28-2017 19:04:51 | Show all posts
WthgRM replied at 6-28-2017 14:09
No, all the keys are unresponsive.

hello, could you please check the keyboard again and see if there is something on the keyboard? you can try to wipe the Keyboard connection point , maybe sometimes it can lead the keyboard unresponsive, hope this can help you

Use magic Report

WthgRM| Post time 6-29-2017 00:16:57 | Show all posts
Edited by WthgRM at 6-29-2017 00:18

The contacts seem fine, but I tried cleaning them as you suggested, with no results.
Anyway considering that:
- The wide literature on the web concerning similar problems (mostly about other models) beside a bunch of faulty internal connectors tells about people who changed several keyboards without success.
- The power led goes on (for few seconds) when the keyboard is connected or when the power button on the tablet is pressed.
- When the keyboard is connected, the tablet goes to sleep (closing) and wakes up (opening).
I'm becoming prone to think the problem is on the tablet side. Is there no way to force the installation of the missing driver?

Contacts.jpg

Use magic Report

santi.sc| Post time 6-29-2017 02:55:41 | Show all posts
WthgRM replied at 6-29-2017 09:16
The contacts seem fine, but I tried cleaning them as you suggested, with no results.
Anyway conside ...

Several keyboards on the Hi10 Pro have failed. It has to be some internal component that is not properly adjusted and the keyboard is not detected by the tablet.

The best thing is to get in touch with the store and remember a replacement of the defective keyboard of the Chuwi Hi13.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-29-2017 05:16:21 | Show all posts
Edited by Techdragonz at 6-29-2017 14:17

Yep, what Santi said. Chances are it's just the keyboard that's faulty... Just get a replacement.

Please inform us if the replacement keyboard solved the issue
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition | I'm glad to be of your service | Contact me if you need any help

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 6-29-2017 07:23:31 | Show all posts
Good luck , my keyboard works quite fine, and the only problem is the space key which I have to press hard for spacing.
Ask for a new one from the shop and I do not think they will ask you to ship back the faulty one.

Use magic Report

WthgRM| Post time 6-29-2017 09:40:45 | Show all posts
I'm still fiddling with the system and, unfortunately, is still impossible to surely identify the source of the problem, hardware or OS. Even without the keyboard, the USB troubleshooter (WinUSB.diagcab) is unable to run and returns the infamous error "The USB controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed".
The internal USB ports seem to work normally (MicroUSB, Type-C).
I successfully reinstalled a standard Windows, but the error and the unrecognized device are still there.
Since I still have 1.5 days to declare the keyboard as DOA, I will make a final attempt to reinstall Windows again, this time with the Chuwi image.

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 6-29-2017 11:19:54 | Show all posts
Hmm, well... My advice: Make sure you declare it as DOA on time; otherwise you'll have to pay to get a replacement...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

12Next
Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list