HI13 keyboard unresponsive - page 2 - Chuwi Hi13 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi13 HI13 keyboard unresponsive

Follow Us

HI13 keyboard unresponsive

[Copy link]

WthgRM|Post time:7-4-2017 20:41:43 View:975|Reply:16

WthgRM| Post time 6-29-2017 13:36:30 | Show all posts
Same behaviour with the Chuwi default image. Opened the return request with GearBest.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

byzeta| Post time 6-29-2017 16:24:48 | Show all posts
Request replacement of the keyboard vendor.

Use magic Report

steward00| Post time 7-3-2017 11:33:41 | Show all posts
WthgRM replied at 6-29-2017 13:36
Same behaviour with the Chuwi default image. Opened the return request with GearBest.

Any news?

Use magic Report

Techdragonz| Post time 7-3-2017 21:31:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
He probably didnt receive it yet ;p

Use magic Report

WthgRM| Post time 7-4-2017 15:54:53 | Show all posts
Edited by WthgRM at 7-4-2017 16:29

I provided GearBest with all the technical info about the problem, including a video. After some chit-chat and a suggestion from the technical team to "try to restart the tablet..." (!), they finally agreed to accept the return or to provide a 10$ refund (...).
Anyway, after some thought, considering that I paid 47€ for the keyboard, that I needed to shell other 30€ for return it in an acceptable time and, most of all, that I would not have got a refund for the return expenses in the unfortunate case the keyboard was deemed as "working", I decided to reduce the loss and take the "refund".
Since I was the proud owner of a 37€ tablet holder and since the error reported by Windows is typical of damaged connection, especially for a passive component, I decided to try to solve the problem myself.
I opened the keyboard to check the connections, struggling a bit because I lacked the appropriate prying tools.
I found that the plug of the cable that connects the pogo pcb with the main pcb had some of the contacts covered with glue. In addition, applying some pressure on the pcb socket caused the connection/disconnection of the keyboard. As a matter of fact, the socket was loose. I cleaned the plug easily, but my soldering iron was unfit for such tiny connections, so I gave up after a couple of attempts.
I contacted the Chuwi support, asking to buy a spare pogo pcb and a connection cable, but they replied "we don't have this repair parts". Keep in mind that we're talking about a 3 centimeters long pcb and a short cable, few cents of value.
Now the last option is to find a local repair shop that might be able to fix/replace the socket.

I can't really blame GearBest for anything, they did what they were supposed to do.
The problem is Chuwi. I wonder how that keyboard passed the quality control (if any) and I wonder if refusing to provide such inexpensive but crucial spare parts will be rewarding for the brand in the end. I don't think so, and it's a pity, because the keyboard itself is a nice object.
It's clear that Chuwi has still a long way to go in terms of reliability and customer care.

SpareParts.jpg

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 7-4-2017 20:32:31 | Show all posts
Techdragonz replied at 6-30-2017 03:19
Hmm, well... My advice: Make sure you declare it as DOA on time; otherwise you'll have to pay to get ...

Seconded.

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 7-4-2017 20:41:43 | Show all posts
WthgRM replied at 7-5-2017 07:54
I provided GearBest with all the technical info about the problem, including a video. After some chi ...

Well yeah, sadly. Chuwi is improving day by day, but this is what we deal with for now. Smaller company -- long way to go. We'll get to that premium-level customer care in time I hope.  On a separate note, this has been a helpful bit of info you have shared. We will continue to appreciate if/when you are able to find that part for your keyboard and successfully solve your problem. We'll use the info you share to help solve queries of other fellow customers as well. Cheers and happy hunting for that part. :/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Return to list
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list