ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi12 Accidentally deleted audio drivers... now can't rein ...

Follow Us

Accidentally deleted audio drivers... now can't reinstall!

[Copy link]

hananias|Post time:7-4-2017 15:10:19 View:119|Reply:5

I had trouble with the microphones on my hi12 running the latest Creators RS Pre-Release 16232.
It was working great until I found out my microphone was not detected. I tried install the drivers in the Device Manager, but wouldn't install.
So I deleted all the audio drivers to reinstall them, only to find out now none of the drivers will install via the Device Manager.

I'm stuck using only Bluetooth speakers and Headphones... NO audio jack or speakers (of course mic also not working)
Is there another way to install drivers?

Or am I stuck with reinstalling W10 from scratch???  

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 6-30-2017 08:44:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
how did you delete the audio drivers ? try cleaning the registry with ccleaner program.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 6-30-2017 08:46:32 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
which is the audio chip in your tablet ?, realtek or broadcom .

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 6-30-2017 19:20:52 | Show all posts
hello, is there a red "x" sign on the speaker, what is your serial  number? have a good weekend

Use magic Report

DigitalMD| Post time 7-4-2017 04:39:54 | Show all posts
Edited by DigitalMD at 7-4-2017 07:42

Open Device Manager
Under Audio Inputs / Outputs , .....uninstall devices, speaker , microphone (internal, not your bluetooth, although you can delete all of them)

Click Actions.... scan for hardware changes
Windows will install the drivers

Run a windows update and let it install updated drivers if there are any.
That should do it.

Use magic Report

mercu| Post time 7-4-2017 15:10:19 | Show all posts
Advice: if you by accident uninstall anything in your PC, you can always go for "Restore PC" function.

Go to search bar in Windows and type in: "Restore"

And click on restore option, go back to the date before you accidently uninstall / deleted your driver.

Voila.

The only downside is that if you changed more than one thing, you will revert everything basically but hey, worth a shot if you want your sound back.

I restore my PC all the time everytime I mess anything up (maybe even by accident install some crappy updates from Microsoft....)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list