ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus Updated Bios, now both cameras are not working

Follow Us

Updated Bios, now both cameras are not working

[Copy link]

greeced|Post time:7-8-2017 06:40:39 View:110|Reply:9

Hello,

I have a Hi10 Plus z8350 (Serial# LQ64G42170209965).  I had to reinstall everything from scratch (Android and Windows), used the Official firmware from here.

Now what I did, as instructed in the tutorial, is flash the bios, then android via the flash tool,then windows.

Now both my Cameras don't work.  The drivers are installed, but the devices will not start.

In the properties of the Unicam section, I get:

This device cannot start (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE.

Any ideas how to fix this?  Is it a setting in the new bios I have to change? Is there a copy of the original bios that I can download somewhere?

Please let me know.

Use magic Report

emily| Post time 7-6-2017 23:39:08 | Show all posts
hello,  does the cameras not work on both Android and Windows, or can work on Android, but not on Windows? by the way, could you please check it if you download the correct bios? you Serial#  is LQ64G42170209965, did you use this bios? http://www.mediafire.com/file/74 ... F%BC%8920170622.rar
have a good day
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-7-2017 00:44:56 | Show all posts
As Emily says, you should have updated the bios to one that is not specific to your device. Flashing the bios is a process that involves brick risks in the case of using an incorrect bios. Therefore I do not advise this process unless it is strictly necessary, especially to the uninitiated.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

greeced| Post time 7-7-2017 00:57:15 | Show all posts
Hi.

Yes I did use the correct bios, the bios appeared to flash correctly.

The Camera does not work in both Android and Windows now.

What can I do?

Use magic Report

greeced| Post time 7-7-2017 01:31:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
It has to be a setting in the BIOS that is preventing the camera from starting. I just can't figure it out.  This was the official BIOS provided by Chuwi.  Before the BIOS update the cameras were working, so it's impossible that it's a hardware issue.  I hope Chuwi didn't provide a BIOS update that screwed up this brand new tablet!

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-7-2017 02:29:22 | Show all posts
Write to service@chuwi.com to provide you with a link to download your previous Bios
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-7-2017 02:53:17 | Show all posts
Hello greeced,
What about unknown devices in Device Manager? Just press Win+X and select Device Manager. You can see for yourself marked devices with problems or unknown devices.

Use magic Report

greeced| Post time 7-7-2017 02:58:00 | Show all posts
Hello Motobot,

That was my problem previously that was figured out.  But the unknown devices is not the issue now.  Windows accurately picks up the camera and places the drivers under System Devices.  The cameras will not start however in both Android and Windows now.  So its a BIOS problem.

Use magic Report

greeced| Post time 7-7-2017 03:03:29 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 7-7-2017 02:29
Write to  to provide you with a link to download your previous Bios

Thank you.  I hope they have a copy of the original and not the one on the download page.

Use magic Report

greeced| Post time 7-8-2017 06:40:39 | Show all posts
So far I haven't received a reply from service. Does anyone have a copy of the original bios for the Z8350?  Or maybe someone can tell me the settings in the new bios to make the camera operate?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list