Chuwi Hi10 unsuccesfull recovery - Chuwi Hi10 - ChuWi Forum - Forum.chuwi.com
ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Chuwi Hi10 unsuccesfull recovery

Follow Us

Chuwi Hi10 unsuccesfull recovery

[Copy link]

lordofda|Post time:9-1-2017 07:38:38 View:583|Reply:9

Hi
I have a problem with my Chuwi Hi10:
While working on it Windows 10 had an update and the system stopped working. I checked that the problem is isolated to windows only (Android was working fine) so I decided to try and recover it. I tried windows recovery options ending with error at every option (I tried restore, recovery, recovery from disk, troubleshoot, basically every option I found in the menu). Then I fumbled around bios and found option marked "windows reset button press" or something similar and happily used it thinking that this will restore windows from hidden recovery partition. Unfortunately it did not - the tablet froze and now it is not displaying anything. I can check that it is turning on by connecting something to the usb ports, but I don't see anything.

Now I found this forum and I just regret I did not find it sooner, as I could just use the windows image provided

Please help, I was very fond of this tablet and I would like to continue to use it

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-7-2017 02:39:02 | Show all posts
Edited by Motobot at 7-7-2017 13:43

Hello lordofda,
You can find a solution in the thread
3. False crash status
Plug in the adapter to  charge the tablet , charging time is about 1 hour ,then long press the power button for 15 seconds to reset, after 5 to 10 seconds to restart the tablet.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

lordofda| Post time 7-7-2017 03:02:27 | Show all posts
Hello Motobot

I tried that. I tried holding the power button for a long time and also mashing the volume buttons in hope that I can find some combination to resolve the problem. I can turn it off and on, but nothing shows on screen. The power light is not responding, but I can see that I am trurning it on or off by connecting something that lights up when has power to the USB port

Use magic Report

deejay1963| Post time 7-7-2017 07:31:28 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
try connecting it to a external monitor or tv using hdmi port.

Use magic Report

lordofda| Post time 7-7-2017 08:08:33 | Show all posts
That is an idea I did not think of. I have not got a chance to think what this last port was. Nice knowing it has a HDMI. Thanks. I will try to buy microhdmi cable and will report back with results

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-7-2017 11:21:24 | Show all posts
The power light is not responding

I'm afraid it's required to flash BIOS by an external programmer, at least.

Recovering-a-Bricked-Chuwi-Hi12-caused-by-Corrupt-Bios.pdf

962.63 KB, Downloads: 57

Use magic Report

lordofda| Post time 7-9-2017 11:13:34 | Show all posts
That sounds terrible but I am willing to try. Do I need the same programmers, converters, cables and images for Hi10 or is it different?

Use magic Report

Motobot| Post time 7-9-2017 12:17:16 | Show all posts
It's the same for all Chuwi products.

Use magic Report

Irnuu| Post time 8-17-2017 05:45:16 | Show all posts
Just press it for 15seconds then wait for at least 15 minutes then press it again for 10seconds then wait till it turns on. That happens to me a lot whenever the tablet shuts down or charging it.

Use magic Report

lordofda| Post time 9-1-2017 07:38:38 | Show all posts
So, I was able to procure the programmer, converter and cable and I tried flashing bios. The programmer was not able to erase the chip, but it was able to write new bios and I got the tablet to flash the screen twice. So I am guessing, that I have improper software or flash file. Could you tell me which bios do I need to flash? I have SN: Q64G42161102215

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list