ChuWi Forum»Forum Chuwi Tablet Discussion Chuwi Hi10 Plus Forgotten password

Follow Us

Forgotten password

[Copy link]

dlimano|Post time:5 day(s) ago View:64|Reply:7

Guys,

Can i get some help as to what i should to if i forgot my password to my Chuwi Hi10 Plus? I changed the password a few months back and its been a while since i used it and now i can't figure out what my password was.
I bought a keyboard just so i can access the boot priority, and i bought a usb type c flash disk. But i still cant figure it out.
I tried booting from USB but it didnt work.

Shift key -> restart -> Use a device  ->didnt work
Shift key -> restart -> troubleshoot -> advance option -> uefi -> Boot override -> UEFI: USB -> didnt work.

How do i boot from a USB? or what is the best way to be able to re-login? I dont mind having to reformat. Thank you so much for your help!

20170711_174752.png

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-11-2017 04:01:47 | Show all posts
To boot from USB, you need to turn on the tablet, with the USB plugged in, and immediately press the F7 key repeatedly until a boot selection menu appears. There you can select the boot device.
If you have any doubts do not hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day
Chuwi Moderator
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

dlimano| Post time 7-12-2017 04:46:30 | Show all posts
I used some of the software available online to retrieve the password by using a bootable usb. I still cannot manage to get in.

Is there a way that the support center can help me with this situation? I am able to provide all documents showing that i purchased this product.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

doodzilla| Post time 7-12-2017 16:34:34 | Show all posts
@dlimano, are you using a local account or a Microsoft account? Very important. This might be easier if your using a Microsoft account 'coz we might be able to solve your problem via the cloud.

Use magic Report

dlimano| Post time 7-12-2017 19:14:29 | Show all posts
Local account. I should have registered the microsoft account on it.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 7-13-2017 00:20:05 | Show all posts
manonegra222 replied at 7-11-2017 13:01
To boot from USB, you need to turn on the tablet, with the USB plugged in, and immediately press the ...

The only solution, you have at the moment, is the reinstallation of Windows. For this you must download the Windows ISO of the forum, in the download section and proceed according to the tutorial.
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

dlimano| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Is any windows key required? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the box.

Use magic Report

manonegra222| Post time 5 day(s) ago | Show all posts
dlimano replied at 7-17-2017 17:06
Is any windows key required? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the box.

It's not necesary. The key is recorded in the Bios and will be activated automatically when connecting to the internet
Chuwi Moderator

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list